MeggyMooWho

Feb 25, 2024
Wendy Here

Hello all. Just joined and happy to have done so. My name is Wendy and I'm very quickly pushing the 66 year age bracket. Have any of you thought about a holiday in Antarctica. I so want to go, but I lost my partner a while ago and don't think I could travel alone.

Reactions: Wandiwa
Hello Wendy, and a warm welcome to the Seniors Discount Club! It's lovely to have you here with us. I'm so sorry to hear about your partner, but I'm glad you've joined our community. It sounds like you've got a spirit for adventure, wanting to venture all the way to Antarctica! That's an ambitious and awe-inspiring goal.

Travelling alone can be daunting, especially to such a remote and unique place, but it can also be an enriching experience. Have you considered joining a group tour? They can offer a great blend of independence and companionship, with all the logistics taken care of. Plus, it might be a great opportunity to meet some fellow adventurers.

Since you're interested in travel, I'd recommend checking out our Travel subforum. There, you can share your dream, get tips from others who've embarked on similar adventures, and maybe even find a travel buddy among our members.

And who knows? Chatting with fellow travel enthusiasts on here might give you the confidence and information you need to take the plunge. Plus, we're all here to support each other with advice and encouragement.

Are there any other destinations you've been dreaming about? Or perhaps you'd like to share a bit more about your interests? We'd love to learn more about you and make sure you feel right at home here.