Weight loss scam using radio star Jackie O’s edited images exposed - don't fall for these tactics!

In today's digital age, being wary of what you see online is more important than ever. Scammers have become increasingly creative in their tactics, using the power of technology to create convincing fraud schemes that can trick even the most vigilant individuals.

Scams come in all shapes and sizes, from fake emails from banks to social media accounts impersonating loved ones. But one particularly effective technique is to leverage the popularity of celebrities to lend credibility to their scams.

Unfortunately, even famous personalities are not immune to these schemes. In fact, in a recent case of photo manipulation, Australian radio star Jackie 'O' Henderson's images were edited to promote weight loss pills.

The 48-year-old KIIS FM radio host has taken to social media to expose scam artists for editing her pictures to sell a product called Keto Gummies.

photo-20.jpg
A screenshot of Jackie O’s manipulated images that the scammers used to trick people. Credit: Instagram/Jackie O.

'Another day, another scam!!!' she wrote on Instagram.

'If you see me “advertising” keto gummies, it ain’t true.'

‘But I’m loving their photoshopped pics.’

Along with the post, Jackie shared some screenshots of the ads, which featured pictures of her face that had been 'radically altered'.

Jackie’s face looks dramatically enlarged in one image, while in another, she is dressed in a form-fitting dress, with her face edited to look much slimmer.

Attached to the edited photos was a fake quote attributed to Jackie, claiming that she was using Keto Gummies to help her lose weight.

The fraudulent claim read: ‘Now I weigh 57kg and I want to lose another 3-5 kilos.’

‘The most important question is how I managed to do it. I mean my Instagram profile is full of food pics. Yes, I love to eat!’

‘I haven’t changed my diet and I still eat sweets. I’m eating ice cream as I write this article.’ The scammer wrote.

Jackie's followers on Instagram were left stunned by the boldness of the fraudulent campaign.

However, amidst the outrage, some followers found humour in the situation, including celebrity trainer Michelle Bridges who exclaimed: ‘I’m in BEAST MODE over this!’

Another commented: ‘It would be funny if it wasn’t so pathetic.’

While Jackie has undeniably lost weight in recent months, it's important to note that it had nothing to do with gummies or diet pills.

In fact, she became an ambassador for WW (formerly known as Weight Watchers) and was able to shed 12kg in just three months through healthy and sustainable lifestyle changes.

Key Takeaways
  • Radio celebrity Jackie 'O' Henderson warned her fans about scam advertising using altered images of her face to sell diet pills.
  • Scammers use photo editing tools to create fake advertisements that feature public figures, tricking victims into believing the legitimacy of the scam.
  • Henderson shared examples of the photo alterations being used to sell Keto Gummies on her Instagram.
  • Henderson's followers were shocked by the audacity of the fake campaign, but many saw the funny side of the clearly altered photographs.

Members, it's always important to be aware of the risks of online fraud, impersonations and the lengths to which some scammers will go to trap you.

This story is an important reminder that you can’t always believe what you see on the internet – especially when it comes to health and diet advice or offers that seem too good to be true.

Also, note that this is not the first time scammers have used an image of a celebrity to promote fraudulent businesses. In this article, we shared how fraudsters used the image of Sunrise host David Koch to promote a ‘crypto scheme’ for making money online… But it was all a lie.

There you have it, folks! What are your thoughts about this story? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored