SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jonathan Leane

Jonathan Leane

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2021
Want to help Aussie flood victims? Here's how to donate (and not just money...)

Hi guys... I'm posting this on behalf of member @leanneh, whose community was recently devastated by the QLD floods.

Monetary donations are obviously terrific if you're in a position to afford them, but if not, there are a whole lot of other things they're looking for that I'm sure a lot of us having lying around gathering dust.

Please see below from the The Rev’d Jan Crombie, the Rector of Kenmore Brookfield Anglican Church. If you think you can help, please feel free to reply to this thread, PM me, or email [email protected].

We are now accepting donations for flood-relief to our hall at 69-73 Alice St, Goodna between 9-12.30 M-W. These are the most useful things... in clean/laundered/good condition

• towels, teatowels, table-cloths
  • bedding - duvets, blankets, pillow-cases, sheets + good-quality pillows
  • curtains and good-quality blinds
  • kitchenware including pots & frypans, cutlery, plastic storage containers and microwave containers
  • small appliances such as toasters, kettles, irons, vacuum cleaners, microwave ovens, hand-mixers, de-humidifiers etc.
  • cleaning products
  • if you have furniture or white goods you would like to donate, please take a photo and send it to [email protected] . We can advertise it through our networks and try and find a home for it. Please also let us know if you are willing/able to deliver it to the person in need?
  • [we are still accepting food and good clothing but these are not quite as critical at the moment]

Hi guys... I'm posting this on behalf of member @leanneh, whose community was recently devastated by the QLD floods.

Monetary donations are obviously terrific if you're in a position to afford them, but if not, there are a whole lot of other things they're looking for that I'm sure a lot of us having lying around gathering dust.

Please see below from the The Rev’d Jan Crombie, the Rector of Kenmore Brookfield Anglican Church. If you think you can help, please feel free to reply to this thread, PM me, or email [email protected].

We are now accepting donations for flood-relief to our hall at 69-73 Alice St, Goodna between 9-12.30 M-W. These are the most useful things... in clean/laundered/good condition

• kitchenware including pots & frypans, cutlery, plastic storage containers and microwave containers
  • small appliances such as toasters, kettles, irons, vacuum cleaners, microwave ovens, hand-mixers, de-humidifiers etc.
  • cleaning products
  • if you have furniture or white goods you would like to donate, please take a photo and send it to [email protected] . We can advertise it through our networks and try and find a home for it. Please also let us know if you are willing/able to deliver it to the person in need?
  • [we are still accepting food and good clothing but these are not quite as critical at the moment]
How can I share this on Facebook for my friends please.

Reactions: Ricci
Hi - I have quite a lot of bedding/ cushions etc I would like to donate but just want to make sure you will still need them on Monday
Can you reply so I can make a plan to get it out to you in Goodna
Many thanks

• cleaning products
As I was downsizing having moved homes I tried to donate a stack of linen and womens clothing to my local Salvo’s and was told they are only interested in $. I was very disappointed, didn’t know charity organisations can pick and choose. I’ll give to smaller charities from now on.

Reactions: JedCorella
Hi

Do they still need any of these/ I have heaps of stuff that i don't need (like cutlery, crockery; pans; juicer; mixer etc :) happy to get rid of them to someone who really needs them...i'd also love to be able to give some of these away to those in Lismore; but i guess they would have people in closer proximity to them ? :)

Hi guys -

I believe so. If you'd like to get more information, the best bet is either to email [email protected] or call the Rev. Jan Crombie directly on 0439 222 112.

A big thank you to anyone who can donate - even if it's just a couple of bits and pieces that you won't miss, I'm sure it will help someone out.

Oh thank you for the phone number - I have sent an email but they’re probably too busy looking after people to look at their computer.
I’ll give Rev Crombie a call on Monday before I go out to Goodna.

Thank you so much to all of you who have found it in your hearts to give what you can to those who have suffered so badly during the flood. So many people lost everything when their homes were inundated. Many aren't even back in their homes yet. They are managing with their families in shelters. God bless you all.

Reactions: DrivingGirl
As I was downsizing having moved homes I tried to donate a stack of linen and womens clothing to my local Salvo’s and was told they are only interested in $. I was very disappointed, didn’t know charity organisations can pick and choose. I’ll give to smaller charities from now on.
I will not donate to Major charities again!! They are keeping a huge percentage of the money donated for "administration costs".
I have several friends in Lismore and the response to their disaster was absolutely disgraceful!! Volunteers were turned away because they were not vaccinated. I heard from a friend that the SES picked up 3 out of 4 people from a roof of a house because one wasn't vaccinated. What kind of pathetic behaviour is that? Another friend who owns a bakery took 1000 loaves of bread from Coffs Harbour to Lismore and they tried to turn him back telling him to donate money instead.

• Wow
Reactions: DrivingGirl