Want a new fridge or dishwasher? Here’s how you can nab $1,000 from the Climate Smart Energy Savers Program

If you're looking for a new fridge, dishwasher, or any other household appliance, why not save money with the Queensland Climate Smart Energy Savers Program?

The state government of Queensland has promised to give up to $1,000 to households who opt for newer, energy-efficient versions of appliances like fridges and dishwashers rated at a four-star or above energy rating starting this month.

'We’re proud to support Queenslanders with this additional cost of living relief package,' acting Premier Steven Miles said.

compressed-1 (3).jpeg
Queensland residents can get up to $1,000 rebate on their energy-efficient appliances under the government’s Climate Smart Energy Savers Program. Credit: hedgehog94/Shutterstock

Acting Premier Steven Miles reassured Queenslanders by adding that apart from getting a cash boost from this great deal, you can expect significant savings on your energy bills for years after.

There are two types of rebates: Standard and Low-income. Standard rebate is available for all eligible Queensland residents, while households with taxable income below $66,667 can get higher rebates under the Low-income category.

You can check the eligibility requirements here.

Here’s what you can get if you qualify: You could receive up to $300 when you install a new washing machine. The rebate can be upped to $550 if you're in a low-income household.

The top payment of $1,000 is reserved for those who buy and install a hot water system or heat pump.

26535-1690961080561.png
To apply, Queenslanders can submit an online application with a copy of the receipt for any eligible device. For more details, you may visit this website.

'Not only does the Climate Smart Energy Savers program provide financial help when making an energy-efficient purchase, but Queensland households can expect to see significant savings off their electricity bills for years to come,' Acting Minister for Energy, Renewables and Hydrogen Mark Bailey shared in a statement.

But before you go out and buy a new appliance, make sure to check the Energy Star ratings! These can be found on this website so you can familiarise yourself with the criteria.

The rebates will be available until the $22 million allocated for the program is exhausted, and only one rebate is available per household.

However, not everyone was happy with this program. One user wrote on social media: ‘So we’ve [got to] somehow find money to buy the appliances out of our pockets first. To then see IF we qualify to get a rebate.’

Key Takeaways

• The Queensland government is offering a rebate of up to $1,000 to households that upgrade everyday appliances to more energy-efficient versions through its Climate Smart Energy Savers Program.
  • Eligible appliances must have a four-star or higher energy rating.
  • The government states that, in addition to the rebate, households can expect significant savings on their electricity bills due to the increased energy efficiency.
  • All eligible households can apply under the Standard Rebate. Higher rebates will be available for households with a taxable income of below $66,667.
  • The rebates will be available until the $22 million allocated for the program is exhausted, and only one rebate is available per household.

So, members, if you're thinking of replacing your dishwasher, fridge, or any other household appliance, why not take advantage of the Queensland Climate Smart Energy Savers Program and get up to $1,000 back in the form of rebate?

What do you think of this story, members? Should other states/territories adopt this program as well? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

Last edited:
Sponsored
Sure you are all entitled to your opinion which I totally disagree with. This comment We are all Australians is a misnomer if we don't recognise that we do not treat some cultures equally. Look carefully at the wording one is to vote on as it simply states an advisory panel will be set up to help the government raise the aims of helping the Indigenous peoples overall to meet the standards of other Australians. For years the major culture has tried to do this after years of racial abuse by Federal and State Governments and their agencies and is still failing. Many more indigenous people can see the need to change than Mundine and Price as there will always be people like them who have a different point of view. They are not the fountain of all knowledge and there is a political vent to their argument. More needs to be done and this is the wish of the vast majority of our indigenous community. Don't let them down.

• Angry
Reactions: Trudi
So sad you are taking this stand. It seems you are happy to keep indigenous people at the bottom of the pile. Your thinking is outdated and you need to take off your prejudiced blinkers and let this country help lift up the Indigenous and Torres Island people to be recognised as valuable Australian citizens.
So you don’t think indigenous are recognised now,that’s a bit rascist isn’t it.

Reactions: Trudi
If you're looking for a new fridge, dishwasher, or any other household appliance, why not save money with the Queensland Climate Smart Energy Savers Program?

The state government of Queensland has promised to give up to $1,000 to households who opt for newer, energy-efficient versions of appliances like fridges and dishwashers rated at a four-star or above energy rating starting this month.

'We’re proud to support Queenslanders with this additional cost of living relief package,' acting Premier Steven Miles said.

View attachment 29091
Queensland residents can get up to $1,000 rebate on their energy-efficient appliances under the government’s Climate Smart Energy Savers Program. Credit: hedgehog94/Shutterstock

Acting Premier Steven Miles reassured Queenslanders by adding that apart from getting a cash boost from this great deal, you can expect significant savings on your energy bills for years after.

There are two types of rebates: Standard and Low-income. Standard rebate is available for all eligible Queensland residents, while households with taxable income below $66,667 can get higher rebates under the Low-income category.

Here’s what you can get if you qualify: You could receive up to $300 when you install a new washing machine. The rebate can be upped to $550 if you're in a low-income household.

The top payment of $1,000 is reserved for those who buy and install a hot water system or heat pump.

To apply, Queenslanders can submit an online application with a copy of the receipt for any eligible device. For more details, you may visit this website.

'Not only does the Climate Smart Energy Savers program provide financial help when making an energy-efficient purchase, but Queensland households can expect to see significant savings off their electricity bills for years to come,' Acting Minister for Energy, Renewables and Hydrogen Mark Bailey shared in a statement.

But before you go out and buy a new appliance, make sure to check the Energy Star ratings! These can be found on this website so you can familiarise yourself with the criteria.

The rebates will be available until the $22 million allocated for the program is exhausted, and only one rebate is available per household.

However, not everyone was happy with this program. One user wrote on social media: ‘So we’ve [got to] somehow find money to buy the appliances out of our pockets first. To then see IF we qualify to get a rebate.’

Key Takeaways

• The Queensland government is offering a rebate of up to $1,000 to households that upgrade everyday appliances to more energy-efficient versions through its Climate Smart Energy Savers Program.
  • The government states that, in addition to the rebate, households can expect significant savings on their electricity bills due to the increased energy efficiency.
  • All eligible households can apply under the Standard Rebate. Higher rebates will be available for households with a taxable income of below $66,667.
  • The rebates will be available until the $22 million allocated for the program is exhausted, and only one rebate is available per household.

So, members, if you're thinking of replacing your dishwasher, fridge, or any other household appliance, why not take advantage of the Queensland Climate Smart Energy Savers Program and get up to $1,000 back in the form of rebate?

What do you think of this story, members? Should other states/territories adopt this program as well? Share your thoughts in the comments below!

View attachment 29091

Key Takeaways

is this sort of thing available in Tasmania

Ha ha Haah!!! 🤣🤣

View attachment 29091

Key Takeaways

I am with Suzanne on the Yes vote. We lived in a country town when the children were young and my boys played with several aboriginal boys they were no different to our boys.

It is one thing buying new appliances because the existing ones break down or no longer meet requirements and a total waste of resources to upgrade because there are newer and shinier ones available. Yes, new appliances may use less power, but how long will it take to recoup $500 in electricity savings? And what about the environmental cost of removing appliances that are still in good order to landfill?

My fridge and dishwasher were new when I moved into my home in 2009, both are in excellent condition and working well. There is no way on earth I would replace them until they stop working, no matter how much I was offered in incentives!

Reactions: Abby2
It is one thing buying new appliances because the existing ones break down or no longer meet requirements and a total waste of resources to upgrade because there are newer and shinier ones available. Yes, new appliances may use less power, but how long will it take to recoup $500 in electricity savings? And what about the environmental cost of removing appliances that are still in good order to landfill?

My fridge and dishwasher were new when I moved into my home in 2009, both are in excellent condition and working well. There is no way on earth I would replace them until they stop working, no matter how much I was offered in incentives!
Unfortunately many do not think like you Trudi
- it is always about "me me me"

Prior to me leaving the country back in the sixtis, I only had deakings with one Aboriginal. I must admit that sime arsehole trid to sause trouble as he was there as an invitee, which I personally know to be true. To cut a long strory short, I saw him in twn and called out to him, unfortunate ly he bolted never to seen again. i the left the country, sooner arriving back but on my return over the years I Found that all my friends happened to be freinds of the aboriginal Persrsuasitton, of whom I appeared to get along with very well, but the again all this nodern C r a p has become (I imaganie we have gonr past the old adage, ley bycogones stay bygones and mov on her) Which id something I looki forwaard t , but we don't need referendums treatise or the Elephant in the room greedy Reparions. While you get the others at a pintch repeartions won't be part of itnot when you consider all the monies that have all ready been trown at this very shadey prospect. PS You will have to forgive writting this piec as I'm waiting to go eye surgery, and finding it hsrd two string words togetherk

As a pensioner buying a new washing machine would mean I would have to go without many essential items, it would be good if I knew how to apply or knew someone to do it for me sadly I’m not very tec minded and only know the basics of my iPad. Now let’s say I did work it all out and a few weeks later they say sorry you missed out I would be absolutely livid not only would I be out of pocket buying something I couldn’t afford also going without food all because the government says MAYBE we can’t promise you anything, maybe you’ll get your money and maybe you won’t, shame on you treating pensioners that way. I CANT TAKE THE RISK. SO VERY SAD.

My mum just bought a new washing machine through NILS. If you don't know NILS is a program run by charities like St Vinnies etc. It's a no interest loan repaid through Centrelink fortnightly. My mother's washer was just over $700 and she's paying $30 per fortnight. NILS is for loans for all sought if whitegoods or any household items that are too expensive to buy outright including laptops. Also personal stuff like dental work. I think you can borrow up to $3000.