Viral BIN BAG hack on TikTok shocks Bachelor star Matty J: "What!?"

We can all agree that putting a rubbish bag in the bin is something we do without much thought. You take it out of the package, shake it up, carefully wrap it around the bin's edge and push it in from the inside. It's as simple as that.

However, it turns out that we've all been replacing our rubbish bags incorrectly. Matty J, a podcast host and a former star on The Bachelor, is guilty of this after recently learning about a bin bag hack that has gained widespread popularity on TikTok.

Matty put the trick to the test on himself, and then he uploaded a video of the results to his own TikTok page to share with his followers.

In Matty's video, we see the hack's original poster holding a bin bag from the bottom and then running his closed hand over it to straighten it. Then he inserts the bag into the bottom of the bin before easily spreading the opening around the edge of the bin.

The clip then transitions to a shot of an amazed Matty running to the kitchen bin to test it out for himself.

NsHBWpGZHlmiUOeec_SOVMqoOr5js2340Owqt4Lu8J3y4U-lPzJoFRVQJJT_9YfT_g7K53ICCu-a1PkdX2W4H3RuLkJ8UDTq5BWSKQPyNRvy0c_E1Hvbb4dW2_vhNgz8lNgtVDNWWSS6ebx-Mg

Matty J tries the bin bag hack and is pleasantly surprised when it works. Credit: TikTok/@matthewdavidjohnson.
Matty is so surprised by how well the hack works that the only thing he can say is "What?" while throwing his hands in the air in disbelief.

"JC (the original poster), you are a genius," Matty captioned his TikTok video, along with the hashtags "mind blown" and "game-changer."

Since Matty's video has already amassed 11.4 million views in only two days, it is safe to assume that he is on to something with this hack!

On Matty's video, hundreds of viewers have left comments stating that they were impressed with the hack. A good number of them have even given the impression that they are itching to give it a go on their own.

One user said they were "today years old" when they learned of the bin bag hack, while a second one agreed and added: "We have been doing it wrong all along!"

And while most people have agreed that the hack works and is effective, some pointed out that this is nothing new and they have been doing this for years.

"My mum taught me that when I was about 8 years old," one user commented, adding: "I thought it was how everyone did it."

What about you, folks? How do you change your bin bags? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
That'll save at least 39 seconds out of your day, doing it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci

We can all agree that putting a rubbish bag in the bin is something we do without much thought. You take it out of the package, shake it up, carefully wrap it around the bin's edge and push it in from the inside. It's as simple as that.

However, it turns out that we've all been replacing our rubbish bags incorrectly. Matty J, a podcast host and a former star on The Bachelor, is guilty of this after recently learning about a bin bag hack that has gained widespread popularity on TikTok.

Matty put the trick to the test on himself, and then he uploaded a video of the results to his own TikTok page to share with his followers.

In Matty's video, we see the hack's original poster holding a bin bag from the bottom and then running his closed hand over it to straighten it. Then he inserts the bag into the bottom of the bin before easily spreading the opening around the edge of the bin.

The clip then transitions to a shot of an amazed Matty running to the kitchen bin to test it out for himself.

NsHBWpGZHlmiUOeec_SOVMqoOr5js2340Owqt4Lu8J3y4U-lPzJoFRVQJJT_9YfT_g7K53ICCu-a1PkdX2W4H3RuLkJ8UDTq5BWSKQPyNRvy0c_E1Hvbb4dW2_vhNgz8lNgtVDNWWSS6ebx-Mg

Matty J tries the bin bag hack and is pleasantly surprised when it works. Credit: TikTok/@matthewdavidjohnson.
Matty is so surprised by how well the hack works that the only thing he can say is "What?" while throwing his hands in the air in disbelief.

"JC (the original poster), you are a genius," Matty captioned his TikTok video, along with the hashtags "mind blown" and "game-changer."

Since Matty's video has already amassed 11.4 million views in only two days, it is safe to assume that he is on to something with this hack!

On Matty's video, hundreds of viewers have left comments stating that they were impressed with the hack. A good number of them have even given the impression that they are itching to give it a go on their own.

One user said they were "today years old" when they learned of the bin bag hack, while a second one agreed and added: "We have been doing it wrong all along!"

And while most people have agreed that the hack works and is effective, some pointed out that this is nothing new and they have been doing this for years.

"My mum taught me that when I was about 8 years old," one user commented, adding: "I thought it was how everyone did it."

What about you, folks? How do you change your bin bags? Share your tips and tricks with us in the comments below!

Seriously

How about we don’t replace them and put our rubbish - and only the stuff we can’t recycle - in our waste without the plastic.

Reactions: Elbe and Ricci
How about we don’t replace them and put our rubbish - and only the stuff we can’t recycle - in our waste without the plastic.
That's the best thought of the lot, but maybe use a sheet of newspaper to wrap it first? That's about all "news"papers are good for, anyway.

It's amazing what little things get some people wound up. Is this really worth the internet space? So long as bin liners actually end up lining the bin does it really matter how you achieve the task? Whichever method you use, so long as the bin bag ends up in the bin, you're a winner!;):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yep! When free plastic bags were first phased out, I bought a set of those bins which has the plastic buckets with handles. No plastic bags needed - just empty house buckets into council bins and rinse out house buckets regularly. Putting food waste etc into the organic bin means neither rubbish or recycling buckets get yukky anymore anyway most of the time. Does take a bit of training but in reality its very similar to what my parents & grandparents used to do in the days before rubbish removal was taken care of by others.

Reactions: Zemo and Ricci
Yep! When free plastic bags were first phased out, I bought a set of those bins which has the plastic buckets with handles. No plastic bags needed - just empty house buckets into council bins and rinse out house buckets regularly. Putting food waste etc into the organic bin means neither rubbish or recycling buckets get yukky anymore anyway most of the time. Does take a bit of training but in reality its very similar to what my parents & grandparents used to do in the days before rubbish removal was taken care of by others.
The operative words there, of course, are "does take a bit of training". You could also have added "and a bit of thought" as to what ends up where. But, seriously, I think that task is beyond a lot of people. It's just tooooo hard for their tiny little brains to cope with.

• Sad