Video exposes nasty act by McDonald’s employee: ‘Not surprised’

Fast food has become a staple in the modern diet, offering convenience and comfort to many, especially for those who remember the days when a treat like McDonald's was a rare and exciting event.

However, a recent incident at a Macca's in Ipswich, southwest of Brisbane, has left customers feeling more than a little queasy.

Fast food aficionados and casual diners alike were left aghast after a video surfaced online showing a McDonald's employee in a compromising act of hygiene at a Macca's outlet in Booval, southwest of Brisbane.

The incident, which McDonald's has since labelled as an 'isolated incident’, has sparked a wave of reactions among viewers, ranging from humour to outright disgust.

image.jpg
A video of a Macca’s employee doing a nasty act at a Macca’s outlet. Credit: Subtle Bogan Traits / Facebook

The video showed the employee holding what appears to be a detachable microfibre mop head under the heater, mere centimetres away from boxes of fries.

While some social media users took the opportunity to crack jokes.

'So that’s where the flavour comes from,' one joked.

‘Back in our day, we just used Angus seasoning for the shaker fries,’ another said.

‘Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed mop,’ a third added.

'The old McMop is back! Must be limited time only. Get in while [they’re] hot,' a fourth joked.

However, the majority of the responses were of concern and revulsion.

One user quipped, 'May as well just sweep the fries around on the floor for flavour.’

‘Not surprised. The state of cleanliness in a lot of Macca’s stores is disgusting, their toilets in some stores are a health hazard,’ a woman said.

‘When I worked at Macca’s, I was astounded by the number of violations made for safety and hygiene,’ another user added.

The video has not only raised eyebrows but also sparked a conversation about the cleanliness standards in fast-food chains.

In response to the uproar, McDonald's addressed the situation, saying, ‘McDonald’s takes food safety extremely seriously and follows strict cleaning, sanitisation and hygiene procedures in all restaurants.’

‘We have addressed this with the restaurant directly and conducted thorough retraining for all employees on McDonald’s sanitisation, hygiene and food safety procedures. This was an isolated incident, and we will continue to work with the restaurant to ensure this does not happen again,’ a spokeswoman said.

You can watch the video below:

Credit: 7NEWS Brisbane / Facebook

In a similar story, a customer filmed and revealed the filthy condition of a McDonald’s restaurant in Cheltenham, Melbourne, with litter and food scraps visible.

Social media users expressed disgust at the cleanliness standards, while some defended the staff due to understaffing. You can read more about the story here.
Key Takeaways

• A McDonald's employee was filmed committing a disturbing act by drying a mop head under the fries warmer.
  • The incident occurred at a McDonald's branch in Booval, southwest of Brisbane, and the video went viral.
  • Social media users reacted with a mix of jokes and expressions of disgust at the act.
  • McDonald's has responded, stating that the incident was isolated, the worker retained her job, and retraining on hygiene and food safety procedures was conducted for all employees at the restaurant.
Have you ever encountered a situation that made you question the hygiene standards of a restaurant? How did you respond? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
My friend and I once went to a Macca's for a quick lunch. I usually don't eat takeaway food. I thought this would be a nice treat. The restaurant was a shock. The floors were dirty the table was sticky and needed a wipe, the toilet was yukky. My friend and l are over the top with cleaning in our homes, and l do understand that Macca's are not going to be perfect as customers are coming going non stop. But this was a real disappointed. I must admit after seeing the young lady with the mop over the chips l had to wonder what are the cleaning rules in her home. It really makes you think twice about going into a fast food restaurant. I have found public toilets are never really clean, the ones l have had to use in service stations have a lot to be desired. I don't understand why public bathrooms cannot be kept clean. In saying that people should be more responsible for keeping the cubicle clean. Example please flush the toilet pick up paper if you drop it on the floor surely you wash your hands after using the toilet. Remember some one has to use it after you. And staff are not there to clean up deliberate mess.
The staff at restaurants need to be on the ball to wipe the tables and sweep up the floors. Please keep the counters and cooking areas spotless. No mops in the flavour thanks.
Kind regards to all Vicki

Maccas use to be a good place to take the kids, not now. Overflowing bins, rubbish on tables, dirty floors, filthy toilets are the norm. These places are franchised so what is wrong with the owners. Do they think that their stores prosper just because they are maccas? They need a lot more now as they aren't cheap any more and food servings are smaller. Shame, it was a good place for kids birthday parties

Reactions: Jennie and PattiB
Maccas use to be a good place to take the kids, not now. Overflowing bins, rubbish on tables, dirty floors, filthy toilets are the norm. These places are franchised so what is wrong with the owners. Do they think that their stores prosper just because they are maccas? They need a lot more now as they aren't cheap any more and food servings are smaller. Shame, it was a good place for kids birthday parties
I took my kids to Maccas for birthday parties too. No cleanup for me!

Haven’t been to a Maccas for years.