SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Video Course: Spotting Scams: Why You Shouldn’t Trust Coupon65 (Part 1)

Introduction & Scam Warning Signs

As many of you already know, Coupon65 has been mistaken for us in the past, and they continue to target Australian seniors. We've put together an informative six-part video course on how to spot scams, using Coupon65 as an example.

We sincerely hope this helps you stay safe and avoid any unpleasant interactions with scammers.

After watching the video, test your knowledge below.

Question:
What is a good way to spot a scam?

A. Grammar mistakes
B. Spelling mistakes
C. Broken hyperlinks
D. All of the above

Summary:
- Looking out for these kinds of errors is a great way to spot whether a website, text message, email, etc is legitimate or a scam.
- A trusted provider of information or online retailer would never let their website link to a page that doesn’t exist. This reflects poorly on them and makes them look like they are not on top of their own information and website functionality.

Members, this is our first-ever video course. We would love to hear your feedback on whether this is something we should continue!

Answer: D

Grammar mistakes, spelling mistakes and broken hyperlinks could all be signs that something is a scam.

Last edited:
My advice go straight to the store, type in the stores name, don't trust any pop up stores including well known store eg Myers.
It's a huge problem with really good fake stores. They are there for awhile , take alot of orders then vanish
Make sure you pay through PayPal or that your credit card is covered by your bank for insurance against scams

My advice go straight to the store, type in the stores name, don't trust any pop up stores including well known store eg Myers.
It's a huge problem with really good fake stores. They are there for awhile , take alot of orders then vanish
Make sure you pay through PayPal or that your credit card is covered by your bank for insurance against scams
I agree. I ONLY buy online through PAYPAL that way I do not give out my credit card details. Only Pay Pal knows my banking information.

So, the Seniors Discount Club has been mistaken for Coupon65 (or vice versa) in the past, despite not one single word from either title appearing in the other.
Um ... and people wonder just how easy it is for scammers to get their hooks into the gullibles in the community?