I also make a spag-bog BUT I don't cook the long strands of spaghetti, I cheat and add a large tin of Heinz, 1 large diced (fresh) onion, full jar of Lego's sauce, 2 tablespoons of Worcesteshire sauce, 1 can of (drained) corn kernels, pinch of salt, a little bit of white pepper and of course, 500gms of mince meat!
Cook the mince to "tan" then add all the rest of the ingredients, stir regularly till hot and then serve. Nice and spicy.😋

Reactions: V@C and Sierra040
Oh Goodness, I thought everyone did this, how naive is this old duck lol, I grew up putting Vegemite in all Meat based stews and gravies, and thought everyone did this, it gives a rich boost to them and I even put a tsp of Vegemite into a marinade for meat and it gives it a full flavour. The Mighty V gives meat varrrroooom

• Love
Reactions: Gaena and Reaper123
Definitely not going to be added to my Spaghetti Bolognese sauce anytime soon… disgusting 🤮…born and bred Aussie but I just cannot stand the smell or taste of Vegemite!!
🤣🤣🤣I love it and I’m a pommy.
I never tasted Vegemite until I was 20, (when I moved to Australia from Canada).
Yum, have liked it from the very first taste! I often make Vegemite and cheese toasties. 😋

Promite is a Vegetable Extract Spread made by Mars Food Australia - much the same as Vegemite but a much better taste, not as harsh!! Well that’s what I think anyway 😊
Just looked it up thanks made in Australia big tick but more sugar than vegemite.😊

Reactions: DLHM
Thanks ! l didn't know Bovril is made in China .l will never eat it again
Ebby, just wanted to apologize for giving you and others wrong information.
I looked further into this and found that others are correct. Bovril is made in Burton Upon Trent UK since 1967.
Marmite is made by Unilever UK and Sanitarium Australia and New Zealand
Promite is by Mars Australia after having been purchased from Masterfoods.
Bovril is not made in China, but I did read that on the internet

Reactions: Littleboy8