Goodbloke

Oct 12, 2021
Perth, Western Australia
Variety in YouTube

THE SUNDANCE CENTRAL RAILROAD - The Sundance was formed in January 2004 with the goal to create a more detailed and uniformly scened, large-scale traveling layout. This 1:20.3 scale modular model railroad consisting of forty modules for a layout size of 45 feet by 45 feet. The railroad consists of 400 feet of hand laid code 250 aluminum rails that are hand spiked with individual tie plates onto wood ties with a total of 16 turn-outs. The modular was built by a group of seven model train enthusiasts. This diverse group is made up of people who have a passion of early narrow gauge steam locomotives to modern day standard gauge diesels. The purpose for forming this modular group was to provide the public a realistic look at model railroading in a large-scale format. The modules are highly detailed from the scratch built supporting structures and buildings down to the surrounding scenery. The trains and rolling stock that will be running on these modules will also be highly detailed and weathered. Address: 2645 Success Dr, Odessa, FL 33556 Web: www.finescalemodeling.org
This entire layout really is a snapshot of early 20th century small town Americana. You can learn a terrific amount about life in the 1920s Appalachia just by studying the level of detail in this layout. I don’t know how many people this took or how many years, but the variety and attention to detail is outstanding. It’s obvious that so much went into the planning alone. You just can’t through something this fabulous together without a lot of planning and skill. And apparently they have both. My hat is off to you folks on a job that is more than well done. I actually don’t know the right words to describe something this fantastic. And thank y’all for sharing it with the world.

Whenever Billy tells a joke that is not his. He ALWAYS credits the comedian and compliments them. Best thing about Billy is his unswerving honesty. He's always ready to give credit to the guys/girls from whom he heard a story. When he was starting his climb to fame, he was asked how he sourced his material;, "from my workmates in the shipyard" he would say.

• Love
Reactions: Lindyloo
Really appreciate people on YouTube for sharing these sights and sounds with those of us that will never get to witness and experience such an awesome and beautiful "beast" - especially for those of us here in Australia who've never witnessed the bellowing and haunting sound of that whistle. Many thanks.

I was amazed at how big this engine is. When I saw these “little men” climb down from the cab and stand next to the steps it blew my mind. Not knowing too much about steam engines I thought at first it didn’t have the power to pull the train and then the wheel slip showed me the real story. Great video and a learning experience for me. Amazing how many carriages it was pulling.

This is a great documentation on US steam history. The announcer speaks so eloquently of the romance of the iron horse - and all I see is that huge sooty exhaust cloud spewing up into the pristine Western air - still, a cool powerful machine that opened up the country.

One video leads on to another.....Here we capture the process of firing up the largest steam traction engine in the world. The 150 CASE Road Locomotive was originally built in 1905 by the JI CASE Co. None of the 9 engines survived until we brought one back to life building it from scratch to the original prints. In this video we set a plowing record for the 150 Case pulling 36 John Deere Bottom plow. The plow is constructed of 3 John Deere plows mounted together as they never produced such a plow before. For more information on the project and the 150 Case check out www.150Case.com. You know a restoration is serious when it involves starting out with only blueprints and casting your own parts.

This film is a compilation of restored, enhanced & colorized film footage involving the construction of the Empire State Building (ESB) in New York nearly a century ago. It shows how the base of the building is laid, how all parts are produced in nearby steel works, how steel parts are riveted together, the dangers of working at such high construction altitudes and the completion of the ESB. What many people probably do not know is that the ESB was built on the spot where the famous first version of the Waldorf-Astoria hotel used to be at 5th Avenue (opened in 1897). In 1931 the hotel re-opened in a new location at Park Avenue. The ESB started with the destruction of the hotel on 22 January 1930, after which the actual construction started on 7 March 1930. It was completed at record speed after only 13.5 months on 11 April 1931 and officially opened on 1 May 1931. The building was designed in Art-Deco style, is 381 meters high and has 102 floors. Achieving such a height was only possible because of the use of a steel framework. As an important symbol of New York City, the building has been named as one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World by the American Society of Civil Engineers. This building began shortly before the crash of 1929, as the footings were being set. Completed, regardless of the first two years of the Great Depression. A lot of these men were WW1 Veterans.
(The various original B&W footage has been motion-stabilized, speed-corrected, restored, enhanced and colorized with contemporary Artificial Intelligence software.)

Starting on Christmas Eve, many German and British troops sang Christmas carols to each other across the lines, and at certain points the Allied soldiers even heard brass bands joining the Germans in their joyous singing. At the first light of dawn on Christmas Day, some German soldiers emerged from their trenches and approached the Allied lines across no-man’s-land, calling out “Merry Christmas” in their enemies’ native tongues. At first, the Allied soldiers feared it was a trick, but seeing the Germans unarmed they climbed out of their trenches and shook hands with the enemy soldiers. The men exchanged presents of cigarettes and plum puddings and sang carols and songs. There was even a documented case of soldiers from opposing sides playing a good-natured game of soccer.

James Webb Space Telescope has launched.
I first heard about JWST in 2014 .......Finally after all those years waiting, the JWST is on way......Engineers on the ground will remotely orchestrate a complex sequence of deployments in the hours and days immediately after the launch of the James Webb Space Telescope. This animation shows the nominal sequence for these deployments. A perfect launch, flawless insertion burn/separation (congrats ESA), deployment of the solar panels so its has a reliable power source, and the High Gain antenna has been properly deployed for communications as well - excellent work by NASA to date: Watching this video is kind of scary; it makes evident just how complex this beast is and how it cannot allow any hitches. I thought I was tense at the launch, but waiting to hear if all of these steps are working properly is nerve-wracking. If I were a scientist involved in this project I think I'd need either medication or meditation - perhaps both! - to deal with the stress of this op! Oh and the price tag.......something a little over $10 billion

The machine's are cool, although some video clips look like the machine operator is not safe enough. How can humans do these jobs day after day all year long and some all their life ? I would quit after 20 minutes.

I came across this today, a bit different from most motor homes I have seen around Australia. Good for hard pavement, useless off the road in Oz, got a cool miliion euros and your away. Couple of things I noticed straight away was the fact that when you close all the sliders up there appears to be little space inside, basically your confined to the cabin area. The 2nd thing was the sliders, when extended appear to be just right to strike your head on ! What else do you see?

This man brought joy to so many peoples lives while suffering internal sadness. If there is an afterlife then he is certainly at peace in paradise...God bless him. He knew how to actually make us all laugh.

The theremin is like an opera singer, singing but with a sort of eerie but beautiful voice. This instrument was invented a hundred years ago. Probably the best theremin performance ever recorded, incredibly awesome, she plays that elecronic instrument mimicing human voice.

The cameraman nailed it and the camera itself has excellent stabilization. At first I thought it was a drone following him, then I saw the shadow, then it had a parachute and arms. I bet all the birds in the area was intimidated by his flying skills.

The Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai volcano in Tonga on January 15th produced a large and destructive tsunami through a new volcanic eruption. This tsunami occurred due to partial edifice collapse, as the southeast flank of the volcano had become structurally unstable. The tsunami originated after a powerful volcanic explosion which sent a plume of ash more than 20,000 meters or 66,000 feet into the atmosphere. What had just occurred was likely the most powerful volcanic eruption in a decade.​

Many in Tonga had no time to flee as tsunami struck after volcano eruption.​

This is how everyone should greet their friends! In this video 25 year old Max the Moluccan meets Q, a younger female Moluccan. Their excitement meeting each other is contagious! The two Cockatoos sing, dance and throw an impromptu party to the delight of onlookers.

With the timing of a professional comedian, this diminutive "little old lady" shines a very funny light on the foibles of aging, to the delight of an audience filled with senior-care experts. A friend of the couple who founded Home Instead Senior Care, Mary Maxwell was asked to give the invocation at the company's 2009 Convention. Initially it seemed like a normal prayer, but it soon took a very funny turn. Her deadpan delivery and lines like ...This is the first time I've ever been old... and it just sort of crept up on me ... had everyone rolling in the aisles.......