Urgent salami recall! Contamination risk prompts stores in two states to remove popular deli products from shelves

Watch out, members – it seems that several supermarket meat products that were supposedly safe for consumption have recently been recalled in multiple stores in both NSW and Victoria.

Food Standards Australia has issued an urgent recall for a brand of salami sold in the two states, over fears it may be contaminated with Salmonella.

The products being recalled are Murray River Smokehouse salami mild, 180g, and Murray River Smokehouse salami pepper, 180g – both of which are potentially contaminated with the illness-causing bacteria.

'Food products contaminated with Salmonella may cause illness if consumed,' Food Standards said in a statement.

76a92f878d08b4e81baca1b893ad9b61b8373330.jpg
Two varieties of the Murray River Smokehouse salami — mild and peppered — are being urgently recalled over concerns of salmonella contamination. Credit: Food Standards Australia/Getty Images.

It should be noted that Salmonella is a type of bacteria that may cause diarrhoea, fever, or vomiting in people who consume contaminated food. This type of food poisoning may be fatal in young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems.

Please note that these products were available for purchase at Harris Farm Markets, Thyme to Taste, Goldfields Grocers, and Milawa Cheese in NSW and Victoria.

According to Food Standards, the company that manufactured the product is also responsible for informing customers of the recall by informing them of the dangerous situation.

Key Takeaways

• A brand of salami has been recalled from stores in NSW and Victoria due to salmonella contamination.
  • The affected products are Murray River Smokehouse salami mild, 180g, and Murray River Smokehouse salami pepper, 180g.
  • Customers who have purchased the affected products are advised to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
  • Anyone concerned about their health should seek medical advice.

Customers have also been urged not to consume the product. Please instead return it to the store where you purchased it for a full refund.

Food Standards Australia also advised customers who may have consumed the product to seek medical advice.

If you have additional questions about the recall, you may contact Murray River Smokehouse at 02 6021 3987 or click here.

Stay safe out there, folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored
Watch out, members – it seems that several supermarket meat products that were supposedly safe for consumption have recently been recalled in multiple stores in both NSW and Victoria.

Food Standards Australia has issued an urgent recall for a brand of salami sold in the two states, over fears it may be contaminated with Salmonella.

The products being recalled are Murray River Smokehouse salami mild, 180g, and Murray River Smokehouse salami pepper, 180g – both of which are potentially contaminated with the illness-causing bacteria.

'Food products contaminated with Salmonella may cause illness if consumed,' Food Standards said in a statement.

View attachment 7261
Two varieties of the Murray River Smokehouse salami — mild and peppered — are being urgently recalled over concerns of salmonella contamination. Credit: Food Standards Australia/Getty Images.

It should be noted that Salmonella is a type of bacteria that may cause diarrhoea, fever, or vomiting in people who consume contaminated food. This type of food poisoning may be fatal in young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems.

Please note that these products were available for purchase at Harris Farm Markets, Thyme to Taste, Goldfields Grocers, and Milawa Cheese in NSW and Victoria.

According to Food Standards, the company that manufactured the product is also responsible for informing customers of the recall by informing them of the dangerous situation.

Key Takeaways

• A brand of salami has been recalled from stores in NSW and Victoria due to salmonella contamination.
  • The affected products are Murray River Smokehouse salami mild, 180g, and Murray River Smokehouse salami pepper, 180g.
  • Customers who have purchased the affected products are advised to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.

Customers have also been urged not to consume the product. Please instead return it to the store where you purchased it for a full refund.

Food Standards Australia also advised customers who may have consumed the product to seek medical advice.

If you have additional questions about the recall, you may contact Murray River Smokehouse at 02 6021 3987 or click here.

😂🤣I had to laugh when I read this. The older generation and the baby boomers seemed to be the wiser ones, always use the look, sniff and if not sure, the taste test😏. As for my daughter, a different story. Doesn’t trust our advice and will check the date, if it’s either on the date or after for eg. Milk, I will go to the fridge to grab the milk and🙄there’s a new carton opened next to the one that I’m using🤦🏻‍♀️I am so glad I have this article for her to read. Let’s hope this will change her mind🙏🙂

😂🤣I had to laugh when I read this. The older generation and the baby boomers seemed to be the wiser ones, always use the look, sniff and if not sure, the taste test😏. As for my daughter, a different story. Doesn’t trust our advice and will check the date, if it’s either on the date or after for eg. Milk, I will go to the fridge to grab the milk and🙄there’s a new carton opened next to the one that I’m using🤦🏻‍♀️I am so glad I have this article for her to read. Let’s hope this will change her mind🙏🙂
If there is a little bit of milk left in the bottle my son will open a new bottle use that and leave the little bit in the bottle in the fridge. When I tell him empty that in your bowl first he replies ...you can't mix milk 🤔 I say but it's the same brand and same expiry date, he still refuses to use both bottles the same time🙄 when he walks away I empty the little bit of milk into the fuller bottle

If there is a little bit of milk left in the bottle my son will open a new bottle use that and leave the little bit in the bottle in the fridge. When I tell him empty that in your bowl first he replies ...you can't mix milk 🤔 I say but it's the same brand and same expiry date, he still refuses to use both bottles the same time🙄 when he walks away I empty the little bit of milk into the fuller bottle
What the eye doesn't see eh?

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 7261

Key Takeaways

If you have consumed a product containing Salmonella you WILL know within 2 hours of consuming it. You can't even keep down half a teaspoon of water. I have had it twice. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci