Yvonne

Sep 8, 2021
Western Australia
update on canvas water bag

I was asked if I had any photos from our epic trip around Australia in 1957 yes I do I hope you enjoy
mum on top of car unpacking for the nights camp , Sydney Christmas eve dad put up the army tent is the biggest freak storm in years , almost home Kalgoorlie patty Hannan , mum at the boarder check out the old petrol pumps I loved the smell it was a sign of travel , all board the puffing billy ( can you see that Mum me and my sisters dresses are all the same that is because Mum bought a roll of material it was cheaper and made all our clothes even my brother had a shirt or 2 ) ,Zoom in at Gundagai and you can see just how much we carried and the canvas bag and yes we did see the dog on the tucker box and finally it was my little sisters birthday which mum and dad forgot because we had lost track of dates lol didn't make any difference great cake in the middle of the Nullarbor, I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane

Attachments

• IMG_3864 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3864 - Copy.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3866.JPG
    IMG_3866.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3867.JPG
    IMG_3867.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3864 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3864 - Copy.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3870.JPG
    IMG_3870.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3872.JPG
    IMG_3872.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3876.JPG
    IMG_3876.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3881.JPG
    IMG_3881.JPG
    107.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Love
Reactions: Vinylted
I was asked if I had any photos from our epic trip around Australia in 1957 yes I do I hope you enjoy
mum on top of car unpacking for the nights camp , Sydney Christmas eve dad put up the army tent is the biggest freak storm in years , almost home Kalgoorlie patty Hannan , mum at the boarder check out the old petrol pumps I loved the smell it was a sign of travel , all board the puffing billy ( can you see that Mum me and my sisters dresses are all the same that is because Mum bought a roll of material it was cheaper and made all our clothes even my brother had a shirt or 2 ) ,Zoom in at Gundagai and you can see just how much we carried and the canvas bag and yes we did see the dog on the tucker box and finally it was my little sisters birthday which mum and dad forgot because we had lost track of dates lol didn't make any difference great cake in the middle of the Nullarbor, I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane
These are such precious memories Yvonne! How did you manage to get the pictures in such great quality?

they are from slides my sister scanned onto pc with special system she has done all dads slides and family photos
If you wouldn't mind asking her, I'd love to know what that special system is. My grandmother has loads of old photos that I'd love to scan at this quality.

If you wouldn't mind asking her, I'd love to know what that special system is. My grandmother has loads of old photos that I'd love to scan at this quality.
Digitalk 4-in-1 Photo, Negatives, Slides and Business Card Scanner on Gumtree
She just told me she was selling it
I’m not sure where you are but look it up

Digitalk 4-in-1 Photo, Negatives, Slides and Business Card Scanner on Gumtree
She just told me she was selling it
I’m not sure where you are but look it up
Thanks for letting me know, Yvonne :) I'll definitely look it up.

Can you imagine sitting on the roof of today's cars?! They were well built in those days. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.