Unveiling 2023's top cleaning products–who bagged the Finder Retail Awards this year?

If you're looking for the best cleaning product brand in Australia, we have just the answer!

The Finder Retail Awards recently announced their Best Cleaning Brand and Best Laundry Detergent Brand for 2023.

Every year, Finder surveys thousands of Aussie consumers to understand their product purchasing history and satisfaction ratings to determine the favourite brands to purchase from.

Without further ado, here are the winners:

Best Cleaning Brand: Pine O Cleen

This year, Pine O Cleen was awarded the highest award in the cleaning product category. With high ratings in performance, value for money, and scent, this popular cleaning product won the Best Cleaning Brand award.

Screenshot 2023-08-09 124357.png
2023 Finder Retail Award Best Cleaning Brand goes to Pine O Cleen. Credit: Finder

Pine O Cleen boasts a wide array of products on the market–from multipurpose cleaners, surface wipes, and disinfectant gels to floor cleaners–this brand can help you in different ways to make your home clean.

Megan Birot, Canstar Blue’s Home & Lifestyle Content Lead writes, ‘Most Pine O Cleen products are multipurpose and may be used all around the home, which is handy if you’re trying to minimise clutter.’

For example, a review of the Pine O Cleen Complete Clean Basin, Bath and Tile reads: ‘Just spray it on, leave it for 30-60 mins, then rinse with water. No scrubbing. Amazing product and I would recommend it to anyone with dark tiles. I have tried about 10 products for my brown tiles and NONE of them worked.’

However, the brand is not without its criticisms. One customer had something to say about their Pine O Cleen Washing Machine Cleaner: ‘My wife put this through our machine which was working perfectly until using this product. Machine no longer works (trips power off) and smells horrendous. Will be contacting Pine o Clean as this is completely unacceptable.’

Ajax and Omo also garnered the distinction of being ‘Highly Commended Brands’ under this category.

Best Laundry Detergent Brand: Fab

When it comes to laundry detergents, Fab came up trumps with an impressive score across performance, product range, scent and value for money. Almost nine in ten people surveyed said they would highly recommend the Fab brand to others, so our members might also be willing to give this one a try!

Screenshot 2023-08-09 124606.png
2023 Finder Retail Award Best Laundry Detergent goes to Fab. Credit: Finder

Whether you like using powder or liquid in your laundry, Fab has a product to get that dirt off your clothes. They offer a variety of scents that will surely leave your garments fresh and smelling great.

Birot had this to say about Fab products: ‘The range doesn’t cover products for particular laundry needs beyond the basics. On the flip side, the range remains uniform in price regardless of which scent line you choose.’

‘If you want your clothes to be more than just clean, but to smell fresh and floral, Fab may have the laundry detergent for you.’

A customer shared their preference for the Fab Natural Elements Liquid detergent, writing: ‘Great cleaning ability and long-lasting fragrance... Didn't seem to upset my son's skin allergies at all. Only issue I can't find this fragrance locally but will definitely keep an eye out.’

Still, there are those who were not satisfied with their Fab buy. One review of Fab Essential Oils Malaysian Orchid & Sandalwood powder reads, ‘Thought I’d try a different laundry powder. Bought Fab. It clumped and went hard in tray, so the next load I dissolved powder in hot water before adding to machine.’

ALDI’s Almat and Trimat laundry range and Dynamo were also distinguished by Finder as Highly Recommended Brands under the Best Laundry Detergent Brand category.

How the winners were determined

The Finder Retail Awards are determined by customer feedback on different retail product categories. Finder partnered with data and insights company Dynata to survey thousands of people regarding their product purchasing history and satisfaction with their purchased items.

So with this year's winners unveiled, you now have confidence in knowing that when you purchase these cleaning products and laundry detergents, you can be sure that you're getting the best and most popular products on the market.

Key Takeaways
  • The Finder Retail Awards announced their best brands in the cleaning product category for 2023 with scores based on customer feedback.
  • Pine O Cleen received the highest score overall, including for cleaning performance, value for money, and scent.
  • Fab was rated the best overall Laundry Detergent brand with high scores across performance, product range, scent, and value for money.
  • The Finder Retail Awards worked with data and insights company Dynata to conduct thousands of customer interviews regarding their product purchasing history and satisfaction with their purchased products.
  • While both brands were awarded, they received good and bad reviews from customers online.

Did your favourite brand make it to the Finder Retail Awards? Share your favourite products in the comments below!

Sponsored
I used the pine o clean washing machine cleaner and although my machine still works ok, it did make the machine smell really bad, won't use it again !

If you're looking for the best cleaning product brand in Australia, we have just the answer!

The Finder Retail Awards recently announced their Best Cleaning Brand and Best Laundry Detergent Brand for 2023.

Every year, Finder surveys thousands of Aussie consumers to understand their product purchasing history and satisfaction ratings to determine the favourite brands to purchase from.

This year, Pine O Cleen was awarded the highest award in the cleaning product category. With high ratings in performance, value for money, and scent, this popular cleaning product won the Best Cleaning Brand award.

View attachment 27049
2023 Finder Retail Award Best Cleaning Brand goes to Pine O Cleen. Credit: Finder

Pine O Cleen boasts a wide array of products on the market–from multipurpose cleaners, surface wipes, and disinfectant gels to floor cleaners–this brand can help you in different ways to make your home clean.

Megan Birot, Canstar Blue’s Home & Lifestyle Content Lead writes, ‘Most Pine O Cleen products are multipurpose and may be used all around the home, which is handy if you’re trying to minimise clutter.’

For example, a review of the Pine O Cleen Complete Clean Basin, Bath and Tile reads: ‘Just spray it on, leave it for 30-60 mins, then rinse with water. No scrubbing. Amazing product and I would recommend it to anyone with dark tiles. I have tried about 10 products for my brown tiles and NONE of them worked.’

However, the brand is not without its criticisms. One customer had something to say about their Pine O Cleen Washing Machine Cleaner: ‘My wife put this through our machine which was working perfectly until using this product. Machine no longer works (trips power off) and smells horrendous. Will be contacting Pine o Clean as this is completely unacceptable.’

Ajax and Omo also garnered the distinction of being ‘Highly Commended Brands’ under this category.

When it comes to laundry detergents, Fab came up trumps with an impressive score across performance, product range, scent and value for money. Almost nine in ten people surveyed said they would highly recommend the Fab brand to others, so our members might also be willing to give this one a try!

View attachment 27050

Whether you like using powder or liquid in your laundry, Fab has a product to get that dirt off your clothes. They offer a variety of scents that will surely leave your garments fresh and smelling great.

Birot had this to say about Fab products: ‘The range doesn’t cover products for particular laundry needs beyond the basics. On the flip side, the range remains uniform in price regardless of which scent line you choose.’

‘If you want your clothes to be more than just clean, but to smell fresh and floral, Fab may have the laundry detergent for you.’

A customer shared their preference for the Fab Natural Elements Liquid detergent, writing: ‘Great cleaning ability and long-lasting fragrance... Didn't seem to upset my son's skin allergies at all. Only issue I can't find this fragrance locally but will definitely keep an eye out.’

Still, there are those who were not satisfied with their Fab buy. One review of Fab Essential Oils Malaysian Orchid & Sandalwood powder reads, ‘Thought I’d try a different laundry powder. Bought Fab. It clumped and went hard in tray, so the next load I dissolved powder in hot water before adding to machine.’

ALDI’s Almat and Trimat laundry range and Dynamo were also distinguished by Finder as Highly Recommended Brands under the Best Laundry Detergent Brand category.

The Finder Retail Awards are determined by customer feedback on different retail product categories. Finder partnered with data and insights company Dynata to survey thousands of people regarding their product purchasing history and satisfaction with their purchased items.

So with this year's winners unveiled, you now have confidence in knowing that when you purchase these cleaning products and laundry detergents, you can be sure that you're getting the best and most popular products on the market.

Key Takeaways

• The Finder Retail Awards announced their best brands in the cleaning product category for 2023 with scores based on customer feedback.
  • Pine O Cleen received the highest score overall, including for cleaning performance, value for money, and scent.
  • Fab was rated the best overall Laundry Detergent brand with high scores across performance, product range, scent, and value for money.
  • The Finder Retail Awards worked with data and insights company Dynata to conduct thousands of customer interviews regarding their product purchasing history and satisfaction with their purchased products.
  • While both brands were awarded, they received good and bad reviews from customers online.

Did your favourite brand make it to the Finder Retail Awards? Share your favourite products in the comments below!
I use Dynamo liquid laundry range , very happy with it and Fab fabric conditioner but I only buy them when 1/2 price otherwise too expensive.

Reactions: hinda and Davmes
I'm violently allergic to Fab , not only the ingredients but also the price :). Used to use Drive or Radiant but both of these are way too expensive now. I found Aldi washing liquid great and cheaper so I will stick to that. I have, for many years, used vinegar as both the clothes conditioner and machine cleaner.

Reactions: croz
We also have gone to the Aldi liquid detergent and are very happy with it. It leaves a lovely fragrance as well. We used to use powder laundry detergent before trying this one. Good value for money.

Reactions: Davmes and croz
I had used Radiant for many years as I had to wash my son's chef's uniforms which were sometimes quite greasy. I have always been willing to try other brands so when we had an Aldi store I investigated their products and am very happy with the Almat laundry detergent. It is reasonably priced and although I don't have to wash my son's chef uniforms I do have some quite dirty clothes to wash.

Reactions: Davmes and croz
I used the pine o clean washing machine cleaner and although my machine still works ok, it did make the machine smell really bad, won't use it again !
I have been using the Pine O clean spray cleaner for Kitchens and all surfaces since it was introduced, best cleaning product ever, ditched the old favourite Spray and wipe as soon as I used the Pine o clean range, still have an old spray bottle of spray and wipe under the sink, been there for years. tell myself to throw it out everytime I see it!

Am happy 😃 with the product i use Bosisto,s powder also their liquid great for sensitive skin ,not sudsy like others and have always used white vinegar in rinse.

I use Aldi

View attachment 27049

View attachment 27050

Key Takeaways

Did your favourite brand make it to the Finder Retail Awards

I use Pine o cleen but get my laundry products from Aldi. Their washing liquid cleans heavily soiled garments completely

Reactions: LynneM
I use liquid biozet as removes animal/pet odour and stains really well wth a small amount. It's regally on 50% off so buy at that price. NO scents due to sensitivities.