Unlock secret savings with this shopper's guide to Kmart!

As the leaves turn golden and the air chills, it's clear that winter is on its way, bringing with it the need for warm, cosy clothing.

For those who are savvy with our savings, the change in season doesn't have to mean a hefty price tag for updating our wardrobes.

One clever Aussie shopper has shared a 'game changer' trick for finding fashion bargains at Kmart that can change how we shop for clothes.

In a video that has since gone viral, online content creator Ireland Carter reveals a simple yet effective strategy: head to the children's section.

Whether it is the boys' or girls' aisles, there are hidden gems that are not only stylish but also incredibly affordable.

Ireland's sister tipped her off to this secret.

‘My sister just sent me a photo of this jacket and it’s so freaking cute and very cheap, I’m going to go try it on,’ she said in the video.

Upon trying, Ireland was met with a pleasant surprise, and showed her new find off.

‘I love it and it’s so cosy.’

compressed-Screenshot_20240403-101528.jpeg
Online content creator Ireland Carter showing off her money-saving find—a jacket she found in Kmart’s kid's section. Image Credit: Ireland Carter/TikTok

The jacket in question? A snug and fashionable teddy jacket retailing for around $15.

It comes in two colours and multiple sizes, catering up to age 16. For those of us who are around a size AU 10, this could be the perfect fit.

The jacket boasts a high neck with a 1/4 front zip closure and is crafted from super soft Sherpa polar fleece fabric, ensuring warmth and comfort through the cold season.

Ireland's video has amassed over 100,000 views, with many viewers expressing their love for the trick.

Comments range from enthusiastic endorsements of the strategy to personal success stories,

‘I did this yesterday! Obsessed,’ one shared.

‘Yes, I get loads of knits, from the girls’ section,’ another comment read.

One shopper gave another friendly tip:‘Wait til you try the kid's basics. Gamechanger.’

However, the savings do not stop at clothing.

Kmart shoppers have also been raving about their Summer Solstice skincare and fragrance collection.

With products like $8 body moisturisers, $8 mists, $12 perfumes, and $12 body oils, customers are finding affordable alternatives to the much-loved but pricier Sol de Janeiro range, which can cost anywhere from $35 to $125 at Mecca.

The Kmart duplicates have been a hit with shoppers.

‘My mum got the dupes today and it smells exactly like Sol de Janeiro—I swear,’ one comment said.

‘I can’t afford the actual Sol de Janeiro products and I love all of the Kmart duplicates,’ another comment read.

compressed-summer solstice.jpeg
Kmart’s Summer Solstice collection includes an extensive list of items catered for skincare and fragrance enthusiasts. Image Credit: Kmart

Kmart's viral body care range generated mixed reactions.

Some customers feel it's a rip-off, while others are thrilled to have access to affordable products that make them smell great.

This sparked a conversation about the value of big brands versus budget-friendly options.

‘Kmart is proof that you can charge reasonable prices and not go out of business. Why are we all paying so much money for big brands?’ one comment asked.

Sol de Janeiro garnered the 'Best for Body' award in the 2020 MECCA Beauty Election, highlighting the quality of its products.

However, Kmart's dupes touch on a market looking out for cost-effective alternatives.

This proves that shoppers can enjoy similar fragrances and experiences luxury brands can bring without breaking the bank.

So, next time you're at Kmart, why not take a detour through the children's clothing section? You might just find your next favourite winter piece at a fraction of the cost. While you’re at it, don't forget to check out their skincare range for some budget-friendly pampering.
Key Takeaways

• Aussie woman Ireland Carter shared a Kmart trick on social media for finding affordable fashion by shopping in the children's section, which went viral.
  • The oversized kids' teddy jacket Carter showcased sells for $15 and can fit adults around a size AU 10.
  • Kmart's Summer Solstice skincare collection, considered a duplicate of the pricier Sol de Janeiro range, has been popular among shoppers.
  • While some customers are delighted with the affordable range, others see it as a rip-off of the popular brand Sol de Janeiro.
Have you tried any shopping tricks like Ireland's, or found any great deals at Kmart or other stores? Share your experiences and tips in the comments below!

Sponsored
Yep been there done that. Cute jacket for around the house and garden with tracky daks. But I wouldn’t wear it in the street.😊