Unlock free vouchers and gifts at Woolworths during their Appreciation Week!

Imagine strolling through the fresh produce section, contemplating which fruits to add to your basket, when a friendly Woolworths team member approaches you with a complimentary voucher or a gift.

It's not a daydream; it's happening in Woolworths stores nationwide—and it's their way of saying thank you to their valued customers.

Woolworths sprinkled a little extra joy in the aisles with a heartwarming initiative that's sure to put a smile on your face.

As part of their 'Appreciation Week', Woolworths staff are surprising shoppers with free shopping vouchers and delightful gifts, and you could be next in line for these unexpected perks.

Several lucky shoppers shared their stories of surprise and gratitude on social media.

compressed-photo-woolies appreciation.jpeg
A Woolworths shopper took to social media to say thanks to a staff member during appreciation week. Image Credits: Shutterstock/Daria Nipot, Facebook

'Thank you to one of the staff at Dianella Plaza Woolworths. I got a voucher for Appreciation Week. This was a lovely surprise and greatly appreciated,' one shopper shared online.

'Thank you to the lovely lady who handed me flowers and a candle for Woolworths Appreciation Day! How sweet,' another recounted.

'I received a $50 gift voucher from a Woolies worker while I was doing my shopping today for Appreciation Week. So unexpected!' a third wrote in a post.

This generosity can turn an ordinary grocery run into an extraordinary experience.

A Woolworths spokesperson confirmed that Appreciation Week is in full swing, with many Woolies stores participating.

'We try to bring a little good to our customers every day, and this is just one example of the acts of kindness our team members perform daily,' they said.

'These unexpected gifts often pop up on a discretionary basis and will vary across our stores all over the country.'

These goodwill gestures are not just one-off but part of Woolworths' ethos to create a positive community spirit.

How can shoppers receive these lovely surprises from Woolworths staff?

While there's no guaranteed formula, here are a few tips to put shoppers in the right place at the right time:
  1. Shop during off-peak hours: Staff might have more opportunities to hand out gifts when the store is less crowded.
  2. Engage with staff: A friendly chat or a kind word can lift someone's spirits. Team members might be more inclined to share the love with shoppers who brighten their day.
  3. Visit different departments: Don't just follow your usual route. Explore various store sections to increase your chances of bumping into a team member armed with gifts.
This gesture is a tangible sign that positivity and appreciation to those around us—especially service workers in Woolworths—can go a long way.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths staff are distributing free shopping vouchers and gifts to customers during Appreciation Week.
  • Shoppers have been sharing their experiences of receiving surprise gifts on social media, expressing gratitude for the random acts of kindness.
  • Appreciation Week is an initiative where Woolworths team members aim to brighten customers' days with unexpected gestures.
  • The acts of kindness may vary and discretionary depending on each store, confirming Woolworths' endeavours to spread goodwill among its patrons daily.
Have you received a Woolworths Appreciation Week gift? Do you have any stories where a simple act of kindness made your day? Share your experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
A feeble attempt to get shoppers return to Woolworths.

What will Coles conjure up to equal this stunt?
So, Woolies is there anything you are doing for your ONLINE Shoppers who are loyal??????
Why be loyal to one supermarket? And I am not and never will be an online shopper.

Last edited:
A feeble attempt to get shoppers return to Woolworths.

What will Coles conjure up to equal this stunt?

Why be loyal to one supermarket? And I am not and never be an online shopper.
I make a shopping list and then check the brochures to see who has my articles on special and that is where I shop. I am lucky, tat my shopping centre has Coles, Woolies and Aldi in the same place.

If this is the result of shoppers thinking with their feet, it is working. Perhaps not the result wanted though but keep it up and the tide will turn

Reactions: Gsr
Unfortunately our local Woolworths has been closed for the last three months during renovations and will remain closed until approx june/july so we are doing our weekly shop at Coles, that is,what we can't get at Aldi .

• Sad
Reactions: Gsr and Marj53
This is a wonderful gesture on Woollies’ behalf. I hasten to add that, while I would enjoy receiving a gift, we should be nice to staff as a matter of course. I hear some awful stories of bad treatment of staff so I always smile, chat and try my best to improve their day.