'Unkind and mean spirited' - Simone Callahan exposes the shocking truth about the Warnie telemovie

We understand that many of our members have long been fans of one of our country's most iconic cricket legends, Shane Warne. He brought joy and excitement to our TV screens and cricket grounds for years, which is why an upcoming television movie about his life has piqued our interest - and also sparked a significant amount of controversy.

Shane Warne's ex-wife, Simone Callahan, recently criticised Channel 9 for the biopic, titled Warnie, calling it 'unkind and mean spirited' in an interview with the Herald Sun. She believes that the film is showing no compassion to Warne's children by airing so soon after his sudden and tragic death in March 2022.

'I haven't wanted to read into too much about it, but I think it's a bit unkind and mean-spirited to be honest,' Callahan stated. 'He's just passed, let him rest in peace. And for the kids, I just believe that they're not showing any compassion at all by putting this out there in such a short amount of time after this has happened. To be honest, that's how I feel about it.'

shutterstock_2132340187.jpg
Shane Warne’s statue in Yarra Park outside of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Image source: Shutterstock.

Her sentiments echo those of Warne and Callahan's daughter Brooke, 25, who slammed the network, saying, 'You are beyond disrespectful.' Brooke continued, 'Do any of you have any respect for dad? Or his family? Who did so much for Channel 9 and now you want to dramatise his life and our family's life six months after he passed away?'

The Warnie telemovie, which is set to air on both Sunday and Monday night, has generated a heated debate over the ethical implications of producing and airing such a production so soon after Warne's death. For many Australians, the Spin King, as he was affectionately known, was not only a cricketing hero but also a beloved media personality.

As we all know, Warne tragically passed away while on holiday in Thailand at the age of 52, leaving fans across the globe heartbroken. He was found unresponsive in a villa on Koh Samui by his friends, who attempted CPR before calling an ambulance. Despite their best efforts, and those of the medical staff at Thai International Hospital, Warne was pronounced dead. His cause of death was later determined to be a heart attack.

Shane Warne's incredible cricket career included record-breaking achievements such as taking over 700 Test wickets, making him one of the top wicket-takers in cricket history. His legendary 'Ball of the Century' against England in 1993 is still fondly remembered, as is winning the 1999 Cricket World Cup with the Australian team and his successful captaincy stints with Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.

Beyond his success on the pitch, Warne also made a significant impact off the pitch. After retiring from professional cricket, he became a respected commentator and continued his involvement with the sport. Warne dedicated time to philanthropic efforts, working closely with charitable organisations and foundations to make a difference in the lives of those in need.

Key Takeaways
  • Simone Callahan, Shane Warne's ex-wife, has slammed Channel 9's upcoming telemovie about the cricket legend's life as 'unkind and mean spirited.'
  • Callahan believes the production lacks compassion, especially given its release just over a year after Warne's passing.
  • The late cricketer's daughter, Brooke Warne, previously labelled the telemovie 'beyond disrespectful.'
  • Shane Warne passed away in March 2022, aged 52, from a suspected heart attack while on holiday in Thailand.

The untimely death of such an iconic figure has left a deep impact on Australian society. Therefore, the controversy surrounding the Warnie telemovie raises the question of whether or not television networks and producers should proceed with caution when creating biopics about recently deceased public figures. This also brings to light the need for sensitivity in handling these stories, especially when immediate family members have expressed their disapproval.

What is your opinion on Channel 9 producing and airing the Warnie telemovie? Do you agree with his ex-wife and daughter? We’d love to read your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.

• Sad
Reactions: Julie1946
Sponsored
We understand that many of our members have long been fans of one of our country's most iconic cricket legends, Shane Warne. He brought joy and excitement to our TV screens and cricket grounds for years, which is why an upcoming television movie about his life has piqued our interest - and also sparked a significant amount of controversy.

Shane Warne's ex-wife, Simone Callahan, recently criticised Channel 9 for the biopic, titled Warnie, calling it 'unkind and mean spirited' in an interview with the Herald Sun. She believes that the film is showing no compassion to Warne's children by airing so soon after his sudden and tragic death in March 2022.

'I haven't wanted to read into too much about it, but I think it's a bit unkind and mean-spirited to be honest,' Callahan stated. 'He's just passed, let him rest in peace. And for the kids, I just believe that they're not showing any compassion at all by putting this out there in such a short amount of time after this has happened. To be honest, that's how I feel about it.'

View attachment 22898
Shane Warne’s statue in Yarra Park outside of the Melbourne Cricket Ground. Image source: Shutterstock.

Her sentiments echo those of Warne and Callahan's daughter Brooke, 25, who slammed the network, saying, 'You are beyond disrespectful.' Brooke continued, 'Do any of you have any respect for dad? Or his family? Who did so much for Channel 9 and now you want to dramatise his life and our family's life six months after he passed away?'

The Warnie telemovie, which is set to air on both Sunday and Monday night, has generated a heated debate over the ethical implications of producing and airing such a production so soon after Warne's death. For many Australians, the Spin King, as he was affectionately known, was not only a cricketing hero but also a beloved media personality.

As we all know, Warne tragically passed away while on holiday in Thailand at the age of 52, leaving fans across the globe heartbroken. He was found unresponsive in a villa on Koh Samui by his friends, who attempted CPR before calling an ambulance. Despite their best efforts, and those of the medical staff at Thai International Hospital, Warne was pronounced dead. His cause of death was later determined to be a heart attack.

Shane Warne's incredible cricket career included record-breaking achievements such as taking over 700 Test wickets, making him one of the top wicket-takers in cricket history. His legendary 'Ball of the Century' against England in 1993 is still fondly remembered, as is winning the 1999 Cricket World Cup with the Australian team and his successful captaincy stints with Rajasthan Royals in the Indian Premier League.

Beyond his success on the pitch, Warne also made a significant impact off the pitch. After retiring from professional cricket, he became a respected commentator and continued his involvement with the sport. Warne dedicated time to philanthropic efforts, working closely with charitable organisations and foundations to make a difference in the lives of those in need.

Key Takeaways

• Simone Callahan, Shane Warne's ex-wife, has slammed Channel 9's upcoming telemovie about the cricket legend's life as 'unkind and mean spirited.'
  • Callahan believes the production lacks compassion, especially given its release just over a year after Warne's passing.
  • The late cricketer's daughter, Brooke Warne, previously labelled the telemovie 'beyond disrespectful.'
  • Shane Warne passed away in March 2022, aged 52, from a suspected heart attack while on holiday in Thailand.

The untimely death of such an iconic figure has left a deep impact on Australian society. Therefore, the controversy surrounding the Warnie telemovie raises the question of whether or not television networks and producers should proceed with caution when creating biopics about recently deceased public figures. This also brings to light the need for sensitivity in handling these stories, especially when immediate family members have expressed their disapproval.

What is your opinion on Channel 9 producing and airing the Warnie telemovie? Do you agree with his ex-wife and daughter? We’d love to read your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.
It should not be shown.

It's been over a year since Warnies death.
He lived a very colourful life and a very public life.
He embarrassed his ex wife and hurt her on many occasions.
Apparently he gave this film his blessings before his sudden death
They held off for a year to give respect.

His kids knew how he was and excepted it.

He was probably the best spin bowler Australia will ever see.
He was a hero to many cricket fans including my sons. My 40 year old son shed a few tears the day the legend died.

But he was also known for his sexual habits and sextexting and he didn't care that others knew.

I think the only one who is apposing the film is Simone his ex wife

Reactions: Bindii and DLHM
If a doco is going to be made of anyone, at what time or stage do you say 'now is the time it came be made, produced, and aired'?

Reactions: Bindii
I was just reading an article which was just released

LONDON: A leading UK-based Indian-origin consultant cardiologist and an Australian medic said on Tuesday that they fear the sudden death last year of Australian cricket legend Shane Warne may have been precipitated by the COVID mRNA vaccine
that he had taken approximately nine months prior.
Cardiologists

Dr Aseem Malhotra
and Dr Chris Neil, who is also President of the Australian Medical Professionals' Society (AMPS), said the post-mortem findings for Warne, 52, revealed coronary atherosclerosis or heart disease.

They said their research shows that a COVID mRNA vaccine can cause a rapid acceleration of coronary disease, especially in those that may already have undetected mild heart disease.

They said their research shows that a COVID mRNA vaccine can cause a rapid acceleration of coronary disease, especially in those that may already have undetected mild heart disease.
It's quite unusual for former international sportsmen to suffer a sudden cardiac death at such a young age, 52,” said Dr Malhotra.

At the same time, we also know Shane didn't have the healthiest lifestyle in recent years, being both overweight and a smoker. It's likely that some mild underlying furring of his arteries – as I've seen with my own patients and how my own father died – rapidly progressed in the months after he received two doses of the

Pfizer mRNA COVID vaccine
,” he said.
Warne, a leg spin bowler, was found unresponsive in his hotel room in Thailand in March last year. Malhotra points to published research which shows the plausible biological mechanism of “mild underlying furring” occurring through increasing coronary inflammation that can last for months after the vaccine has been administered.

The evidence for common and serious adverse cardiac effects from these jabs is overwhelming, and I have no doubt that a major contributor to the excess deaths we are seeing around the world, including Australia, is because of the COVID mRNA vaccines," he said.

There needs to be an immediate suspension of their use worldwide pending an investigation to stop further people being harmed and dying unnecessarily,” added Malhotra.

Australia-based Dr Neil also said that after critically appraising all the evidence, it became “clear” to him that the COVID vaccines can adversely affect the cardiovascular system in more ways than just myocarditis and pericarditis or forms of heart inflammation.

LONDON: A leading UK-based Indian-origin consultant cardiologist and an Australian medic said on Tuesday that they fear the sudden death last year of Australian cricket legend Shane Warne may have been precipitated by the COVID mRNA vaccine
Cardiologists

Dr Aseem Malhotra
and Dr Chris Neil, who is also President of the Australian Medical Professionals' Society (AMPS), said the post-mortem findings for Warne, 52, revealed coronary atherosclerosis or heart disease.

It's quite unusual for former international sportsmen to suffer a sudden cardiac death at such a young age, 52,” said Dr Malhotra.

At the same time, we also know Shane didn't have the healthiest lifestyle in recent years, being both overweight and a smoker. It's likely that some mild underlying furring of his arteries – as I've seen with my own patients and how my own father died – rapidly progressed in the months after he received two doses of the

,” he said.
Warne, a leg spin bowler, was found unresponsive in his hotel room in Thailand in March last year. Malhotra points to published research which shows the plausible biological mechanism of “mild underlying furring” occurring through increasing coronary inflammation that can last for months after the vaccine has been administered.

The evidence for common and serious adverse cardiac effects from these jabs is overwhelming, and I have no doubt that a major contributor to the excess deaths we are seeing around the world, including Australia, is because of the COVID mRNA vaccines," he said.

There needs to be an immediate suspension of their use worldwide pending an investigation to stop further people being harmed and dying unnecessarily,” added Malhotra.

Australia-based Dr Neil also said that after critically appraising all the evidence, it became “clear” to him that the COVID vaccines can adversely affect the cardiovascular system in more ways than just myocarditis and pericarditis or forms of heart inflammation.
I am shocked after reading this as I lost a dear friend who was 62 on the 7th of June. He had nothing wrong with him , still worked as a builder.
He came home on that Wednesday afternoon and had to take a nap and when his wife tried to wake him he had passed. His funeral still hasn't happened.

Then yesterday morning my son was told that his best friends mum had passed away in her sleep , we have known her since our sons started high school . She was only 58 and had a flu for a few days. My son was with her all day Sunday watching her son in a tournament and she was her happy self.
She did suffer high blood pressure but was under control..

Two of our friends taken unexpectedly...suddenly and way too young ...in their sleep.

I'm starting to worry that it is the covid vaccine and I have had 5 as well as my youngest daughter who has lung problems.

Has anyone else heard of someone passing unexpectedly

• Sad
Reactions: Jersey Girl

Cardiologists

Dr Aseem Malhotra

,” he said.

That doesn’t surprise me at all.

View attachment 22898

Key Takeaways

i would not even watch this as they produce lies. I know Shane was a product of controversy but it does not need to be aired. What I do not understand is surely the family had the final say on this. Never, does it come out smelling of roses for the one involved, this time the Warne family. The only ones who are interested in someones maybe unsavoury past are the nosey ones. The bloody TV needs to just leave the past where it belongs, with the loved ones and their memories.

I am shocked after reading this as I lost a dear friend who was 62 on the 7th of June. He had nothing wrong with him , still worked as a builder.
He came home on that Wednesday afternoon and had to take a nap and when his wife tried to wake him he had passed. His funeral still hasn't happened.

Then yesterday morning my son was told that his best friends mum had passed away in her sleep , we have known her since our sons started high school . She was only 58 and had a flu for a few days. My son was with her all day Sunday watching her son in a tournament and she was her happy self.

Two of our friends taken unexpectedly...suddenly and way too young ...in their sleep.

I'm starting to worry that it is the covid vaccine and I have had 5 as well as my youngest daughter who has lung problems.

covid has become the latest sensation to blame for anything. i have had 5 still got covid with pheumonia isolated 8 days very ill, but that just happened and bad luck.

Some people give family members a halo when they have passed away. Simone Callahan is possibly doing this. There's no need, as Shane Warner was no saint. Australians all know it.
you do not know this for a fact. and one does not need to print the obvious.

The mRNA covid shots were pushed at everyone the world over before proper testing had been done. Nobody knows the long term effects. It’s scary.
There’ve been huge cover ups of information and fatal results from the mRNA covid shot. I’ve been researching it ever since the shots were being demanded for people to receive. 😢😡
So sad to read of your losses Suzanne rose.

• Sad
you do not know this for a fact. and one does not need to print the obvious.
I was thinking the same as@ penny4 , this is obvious and she is just saying what most already know.
His kids except how he was and Simone also excepted that was how he was and moved on . At one time she did let it known publicly that they were over after his untold cheating.

As a sports person he was amazing but as a person he was a modern day Casanova

covid has become the latest sensation to blame for anything. i have had 5 still got covid with pheumonia isolated 8 days very ill, but that just happened and bad luck.
We are not talking about covid but the vacination.
I've had 5 shots ...had covid twice
My daughter had 5 shots ..had covid 3 weeks ago ..had the antivirals after completing the antivirals she is sicker.

We are discussing consequences of
the covid vaccines

View attachment 22898

Key Takeaways

Definitely to soon to air Warne's story. Channel 9 should be ashamed of themselves, for making the decision to air this show against his family's wishes. Bad form Channel 9.

Reactions: maxesmum