Unexpected health update shocks fans of singer Jimmy Barnes

We’re lucky to be blessed with many talented musicians all over the world, but when it comes to iconic rockers from Australia, Jimmy Barnes is the favourite among many.

Possessed with an energetic stage presence and powerful vocals, the 67-year-old performer still continues to electrify crowds with his incredible performances in recent years. Unfortunately, it looks like Barnes’ streak of hard-rocking may come to a halt—at least temporarily.

Earlier this week, the singer (and his dear fans) received a shock when the musician was propelled to hospital for bacterial pneumonia, causing him to cancel an upcoming performance he was due to give in New Caledonia on 1 December.

According to research, bacterial pneumonia is: ‘An infection in the lungs caused by bacteria. It inflames the air sacs in one or both lungs, causing coughing, fever, chills, and difficulty breathing.’

Screenshot 2023-11-29 083057.png
Jimmy Barnes had to cancel his performance at Rock the Boat 2023 due to bacterial pneumonia. Image: Instagram / @jimmybarnesofficial

'I’m sorry to let you know that I’ve been receiving intravenous antibiotics over the last 36 hours to treat bacterial pneumonia. Unfortunately, this has stopped me from travelling to Noumea to join Rock The Boat 2023 as planned,' said Barnes in a social media post.

‘I’d like to apologise sincerely to everyone for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused, but the doctors have confined me to bed for two days.’

‘The timing couldn’t be worse.’

‘I’m expected to make a full recovery in time to perform live at By The C in Torquay on 2 December,’ he added.

Screenshot 2023-11-29 085024.png
Barnes also recently recovered from a major back and hip surgery in late 2022. Image: X / @Jimmy Barnes

It looks like this illness comes at a very inconvenient time for the singer too, who only just recovered from major back and hip surgery only a year ago in late 2022.

It appears that the consequences of his constant performances and episodes of intense physical labour over the years may have finally caught up with him.

'I’ve had niggling back and hip issues for years that got a lot worse recently, and I’m now in constant and severe pain', he said during the time of his surgery announcement.

‘As everybody knows, it’s against my religion to blow out gigs, but the doctors tell me I need an operation as soon as possible, and it will really limit my movement for a few months.’

‘As much as it kills me to inconvenience everyone, I have to get this fixed so I can jump around onstage for another 50 years.’

It didn’t take too long for the sympathy messages to flow in for the Working Class Man singer, especially from his colleagues and family.

Daughter Elly May Barnes reported that the surgery went well, with her posting shortly after, 'My dadda is out of surgery and awake. The doctors are very happy…Thanks for all the well wishes.'

Key Takeaways
  • Jimmy Barnes is in hospital being treated for bacterial pneumonia and has cancelled his performance in Noumea for Rock the Boat 2023.
  • The singer delivered the disappointing news from his hospital bed on social media, noting that he’d been receiving antibiotics for the condition.
  • He assured his fans, however, that he’s expected to make a full recovery in time to perform at the December 2 concert in Torquay.
  • This health issue comes almost a year after Barnes underwent major hip surgery in late 2022.

Our very best wishes and warm thoughts go out to legend Jimmy Barnes during this challenging time. What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments below!

• Sad
Reactions: Liag and Littleboy8
Sponsored
He’s no different to anyone else ,we all get these bugs sometime or other in our lives . None of us run to the media just another cry for sympathy . He needs to get over himself,we are all vulnerable.

We’re lucky to be blessed with many talented musicians all over the world, but when it comes to iconic rockers from Australia, Jimmy Barnes is the favourite among many.

Possessed with an energetic stage presence and powerful vocals, the 67-year-old performer still continues to electrify crowds with his incredible performances in recent years. Unfortunately, it looks like Barnes’ streak of hard-rocking may come to a halt—at least temporarily.

Earlier this week, the singer (and his dear fans) received a shock when the musician was propelled to hospital for bacterial pneumonia, causing him to cancel an upcoming performance he was due to give in New Caledonia on 1 December.

According to research, bacterial pneumonia is: ‘An infection in the lungs caused by bacteria. It inflames the air sacs in one or both lungs, causing coughing, fever, chills, and difficulty breathing.’

View attachment 36095
Jimmy Barnes had to cancel his performance at Rock the Boat 2023 due to bacterial pneumonia. Image: Instagram / @jimmybarnesofficial

'I’m sorry to let you know that I’ve been receiving intravenous antibiotics over the last 36 hours to treat bacterial pneumonia. Unfortunately, this has stopped me from travelling to Noumea to join Rock The Boat 2023 as planned,' said Barnes in a social media post.

‘I’d like to apologise sincerely to everyone for the inconvenience and disappointment this has caused, but the doctors have confined me to bed for two days.’

‘The timing couldn’t be worse.’

‘I’m expected to make a full recovery in time to perform live at By The C in Torquay on 2 December,’ he added.

View attachment 36096
Barnes also recently recovered from a major back and hip surgery in late 2022. Image: X / @Jimmy Barnes

It looks like this illness comes at a very inconvenient time for the singer too, who only just recovered from major back and hip surgery only a year ago in late 2022.

It appears that the consequences of his constant performances and episodes of intense physical labour over the years may have finally caught up with him.

'I’ve had niggling back and hip issues for years that got a lot worse recently, and I’m now in constant and severe pain', he said during the time of his surgery announcement.

‘As everybody knows, it’s against my religion to blow out gigs, but the doctors tell me I need an operation as soon as possible, and it will really limit my movement for a few months.’

‘As much as it kills me to inconvenience everyone, I have to get this fixed so I can jump around onstage for another 50 years.’

It didn’t take too long for the sympathy messages to flow in for the Working Class Man singer, especially from his colleagues and family.

Daughter Elly May Barnes reported that the surgery went well, with her posting shortly after, 'My dadda is out of surgery and awake. The doctors are very happy…Thanks for all the well wishes.'

Key Takeaways

• Jimmy Barnes is in hospital being treated for bacterial pneumonia and has cancelled his performance in Noumea for Rock the Boat 2023.
  • The singer delivered the disappointing news from his hospital bed on social media, noting that he’d been receiving antibiotics for the condition.
  • He assured his fans, however, that he’s expected to make a full recovery in time to perform at the December 2 concert in Torquay.
  • This health issue comes almost a year after Barnes underwent major hip surgery in late 2022.

Our very best wishes and warm thoughts go out to legend Jimmy Barnes during this challenging time. What do you think of this story? Let us know in the comments below!
not a visit you need jimmy. think about your life now.

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
Obviously not a fan Leenie. Good luck jimmy and to all of you out there who have loved ones struggling with health issues life’s too short you never know what’s around the corner.
Not a fan either. Jimmy Barnes is a self centred, egotistical twat who thinks he is better than everyone else. I've had the misfortune to deal with him and it put me off him for life!!

Reactions: Leenie
I can't stand the twat. As far as Cold Chisel being some iconic band, never heard such a crock. I only saw them once and Barnes was swigging from a flagon of who knows what. Some time later I heard from the frontman of a much better Aussie band, that Barnes regularly took a flagon of straight vodka on stage.

No wonder he screamed like a scalded cat!