Unbelievable ‘wild’ reality of living in Australia revealed by Robert Irwin!

Australia has always been known for its unique wildlife, but if you thought you had seen the worst of it, think again.

Conservationist Robert Irwin, who lives at Australia Zoo in Queensland, recently had a close encounter with some of Australia’s more sinister residents.

In a post he shared on social media, Robert can be seen filming himself as we went to go get his shoes. 'Time to put my shoe on... Oh, wait a minute,' he said. What he found lurking in there took his fans and followers—both in Australia and abroad—completely by surprise. It was a spider—a large one—that had retreated to the back of his sneaker. ‘Maybe not,’ he stated.

Robert captioned the video of his reaction 'POV: You live in Australia', which garnered numerous reactions on social media after posting the experience.

Untitled design.png
Robert Irwin was surprised after he saw a humongous spider lingering in his shoes. Image: Instagram / @robertirwinphotography

While the conservationist wasn’t too bothered by the find, other people on social media, however, were less enthusiastic. One commenter said, 'I'd be terrified of wearing shoes again,' while another wrote, ‘That's crazy! I will take grizzly bears over that any day.'

Another contributor summed up the sentiment of many by saying, 'You Australian people are very brave.'

But those living in Australia were just as shocked, with one saying, 'I live in Australia, and this is terrifying.'

Someone else replied: 'Everyone saying they refuse to come to Australia because of this–you don't find this in the big cities. I live in Sydney, and this scares me just as much!'

But believe it or not—there are far worse things for Robert to come across while living in Oz.

From grabby crocodiles walking around the family’s homestead to all the coral in need of protection, Australia Zoo is full of exciting challenges that Robert and his family face on a daily basis.

You can watch Robert’s full video below:

This post comes after Robert shared a photo online of him and his sister Bindi celebrating Chandler Powell's birthday, Bindi’s husband and Robert’s brother-in-law.

The image showed a nine-year-old Robert standing in front of his sister Bindi and Chandler, who appeared to be about to attend a formal event. Ten years after the photo was taken, Robert and his family came together to celebrate the big day again. Bindi also shared a photo of the family celebrating in front of a three-tier green and cream cake on her social media.

The birthday comes days after the family was dressed to the nines for the 2023 Steve Irwin Gala in Brisbane, which was held to raise funds for Wildlife Warriors.

Screenshot 2023-11-22 093405.png
The Irwin family attended the 2023 Steve Irwin Gala to raise funds. Image: Instagram / @robertirwinphotography

Living in Australia can present unique challenges, yet Rob, Bindi, and the rest of the Irwin family still tackle them head-on with courage and grace.

Key Takeaways
  • Robert Irwin has shared a video of his encounter with a large spider found inside one of his shoes, which has surprised fans both domestically and abroad.
  • The video sparked a strong reaction from followers, with some admiring the bravery of Australians in dealing with such creatures.
  • Irwin recently celebrated his brother-in-law Chandler Powell’s birthday, posting a throwback photo to mark the occasion.
  • The celebration comes just days after the family attended the 2023 Steve Irwin Gala in Brisbane, an event organised to raise funds for Wildlife Warriors.

Sometimes it can be hard for us to get adventurous and try something completely off the beaten track. Australia has plenty of exciting things to see and do, and it'll reward you with lifelong memories–with or without eight-legged creatures. What are your experiences with these wonderful wildlife, have you encountered one recently? Share with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Australia has always been known for its unique wildlife, but if you thought you had seen the worst of it, think again.

Conservationist Robert Irwin, who lives at Australia Zoo in Queensland, recently had a close encounter with some of Australia’s more sinister residents.

In a post he shared on social media, Robert can be seen filming himself as we went to go get his shoes. 'Time to put my shoe on... Oh, wait a minute,' he said. What he found lurking in there took his fans and followers—both in Australia and abroad—completely by surprise. It was a spider—a large one—that had retreated to the back of his sneaker. ‘Maybe not,’ he stated.

Robert captioned the video of his reaction 'POV: You live in Australia', which garnered numerous reactions on social media after posting the experience.

View attachment 35437
Robert Irwin was surprised after he saw a humongous spider lingering in his shoes. Image: Instagram / @robertirwinphotography

While the conservationist wasn’t too bothered by the find, other people on social media, however, were less enthusiastic. One commenter said, 'I'd be terrified of wearing shoes again,' while another wrote, ‘That's crazy! I will take grizzly bears over that any day.'

Another contributor summed up the sentiment of many by saying, 'You Australian people are very brave.'

But those living in Australia were just as shocked, with one saying, 'I live in Australia, and this is terrifying.'

Someone else replied: 'Everyone saying they refuse to come to Australia because of this–you don't find this in the big cities. I live in Sydney, and this scares me just as much!'

But believe it or not—there are far worse things for Robert to come across while living in Oz.

From grabby crocodiles walking around the family’s homestead to all the coral in need of protection, Australia Zoo is full of exciting challenges that Robert and his family face on a daily basis.

This post comes after Robert shared a photo online of him and his sister Bindi celebrating Chandler Powell's birthday, Bindi’s husband and Robert’s brother-in-law.

The image showed a nine-year-old Robert standing in front of his sister Bindi and Chandler, who appeared to be about to attend a formal event. Ten years after the photo was taken, Robert and his family came together to celebrate the big day again. Bindi also shared a photo of the family celebrating in front of a three-tier green and cream cake on her social media.

The birthday comes days after the family was dressed to the nines for the 2023 Steve Irwin Gala in Brisbane, which was held to raise funds for Wildlife Warriors.

View attachment 35438
The Irwin family attended the 2023 Steve Irwin Gala to raise funds. Image: Instagram / @robertirwinphotography

Living in Australia can present unique challenges, yet Rob, Bindi, and the rest of the Irwin family still tackle them head-on with courage and grace.

Key Takeaways

• Robert Irwin has shared a video of his encounter with a large spider found inside one of his shoes, which has surprised fans both domestically and abroad.
  • The video sparked a strong reaction from followers, with some admiring the bravery of Australians in dealing with such creatures.
  • Irwin recently celebrated his brother-in-law Chandler Powell’s birthday, posting a throwback photo to mark the occasion.
  • The celebration comes just days after the family attended the 2023 Steve Irwin Gala in Brisbane, an event organised to raise funds for Wildlife Warriors.

Sometimes it can be hard for us to get adventurous and try something completely off the beaten track. Australia has plenty of exciting things to see and do, and it'll reward you with lifelong memories–with or without eight-legged creatures. What are your experiences with these wonderful wildlife, have you encountered one recently? Share with us in the comments below!

It’s only a huntsman so cute. Be worried if it was a funnel web or redback🙀

View attachment 35437

View attachment 35438

Key Takeaways

Think this is wrong. If Robert was only nine standing beside Bindi & Chandler she would have only been 15 at that time. She WAS NOT married so young!!!!

No doubt about it ... those huntsmen are ferocious, they'll jump out of your shoe at the drop of a hat and rip your throat out.
Is this another Woman's Daze or No Idea propaganda stunt?
But not to worry, any publicity is good publicity, especially with the wedding coming up, as gushed by the No Idea (I guess they paid the most for the news(?) in their latest issue).

No doubt about it ... those huntsmen are ferocious, they'll jump out of your shoe at the drop of a hat and rip your throat out.
Is this another Woman's Daze or No Idea propaganda stunt?
But not to worry, any publicity is good publicity, especially with the wedding coming up, as gushed by the No Idea (I guess they paid the most for the news(?) in their latest issue).
🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Vinylted
RED BACKS are worse now they are something to really scare you,
Since having Asian ghecos (poor spelling) around the home haven’t seen any red backs ,as before they were pretty bad ,or any spiders which saves a lot cleaning ,only the little B’s come inside and can make a mess they also chew through electric wiring ,fly spray knocks them out though.

Reactions: Bridgit and magpie1
Since having Asian ghecos (poor spelling) around the home haven’t seen any red backs ,as before they were pretty bad ,or any spiders which saves a lot cleaning ,only the little B’s come inside and can make a mess they also chew through electric wiring ,fly spray knocks them out though.
What’s a little “b”🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Bridgit and magpie1
I have a large Huntsman who hangs around inside my home, he is in charge of insect control and does a pretty good job. He is quite friendly and will hop onto your hand given the opportunity. He does not cause any mess and spends most of his day upside down in the corner of the lounge room waiting for his next victim. Fun to watch sometimes. His name is Larry.

I have a large Huntsman who hangs around inside my home, he is in charge of insect control and does a pretty good job. He is quite friendly and will hop onto your hand given the opportunity. He does not cause any mess and spends most of his day upside down in the corner of the lounge room waiting for his next victim. Fun to watch sometimes. His name is Larry.
Love this😍

Huntsman spiders can be a bit scary but they are everywhere. I have killed one white tip spider near my front door and we had a funnel web on our verandah at the last place we lived at,that was very scary. My daughter caught it and took it to the John Hunter Hospital where they pass the spiders on to the Reptile Park down at the Central Coast for milking. Only the males.

Huntsman spiders can be a bit scary but they are everywhere. I have killed one white tip spider near my front door and we had a funnel web on our verandah at the last place we lived at,that was very scary. My daughter caught it and took it to the John Hunter Hospital where they pass the spiders on to the Reptile Park down at the Central Coast for milking. Only the males.
That’s wonderful about the milking I’ve seen it being done on tv and those fangs are scary.🙀