Uh-oh! Network Ten MISTAKENLY airs Eddie McGuire's private conversation with Rob Mills during the Melbourne Cup

We’ve all had those moments where we’ve said something inappropriate without thinking, only to immediately regret it. And unfortunately for tv presenter Eddie McGuire, one of those moments was caught live on air during Channel Ten's coverage of the Melbourne Cup.

Viewer Evan Davis has taken to Twitter to share a clip of an interaction between McGuire and Mills, which seems to have aired by accident on Channel 10's coverage of the Melbourne Cup.

The UK-based Mr Davis posted a video of an exchange between the two on Twitter and commented, 'I guess this conversation between Eddie McGuire and Rob Mills only aired in the UK.'

In the video, Mills can be seen on the screen and is greeted by McGuire.

Mills can be heard saying, 'How's it all going?' to which the host responds, 'We're on fire.'

He then asked: 'I'm just having a look Ed and clouds are coming. How long do you give it?' to which the host responds: 'If Millsy keeps standing up the sun will shine. We know where the sun shines from.'

The conversation prompted laughter from the two on-screen personalities.

'Thank you very much. Thanks mate. I appreciate that,' Mills can be heard saying afterwards.

The buzz started when many viewers of Channel 10's coverage of the Melbourne Cup voiced their disbelief at seeing McGuire on the screen, given that the TV presenter is well-known for anchoring television programmes on rival network Nine.

McGuire is well known for presenting Footy Classified and the Millionaire Hot Seat on Channel 9. He rarely hosts coverage for Ten, a competing network.

Some viewers expressed enthusiasm about McGuire hosting the game on social media, with one person writing: 'Still gobsmacked Channel 9 would even consider letting Eddie McGuire HOST Channel 10’s #MelbourneCup!'

'How times have changed. Think it says a lot about how the former perceive the latter, if it were 7 … Don’t think so,' another added.

21825544e82b62d50cc70b4b1c7bc155

Eddie McGuire hosting Channel 10's coverage of the Melbourne Cup stunned some viewers. Credit: Ten.

Network Ten actually confirmed rumours that the well-known television personality would be presenting the Melbourne Cup Carnival back in 2022.

'I’m excited to return to 10 where I started my career all those years ago, coming on board as part of the fantastic Melbourne Cup Carnival team,' said the television host in a statement.

'Racing has always been a passion of mine and I can’t wait for this year’s Carnival – it’s an honour in conjunction with VRC and 10 to bring the joy, fun, history and glamour of this world event back to new heights post-Covid.'

Key Takeaways

• An off-air conversation with Eddie McGuire appears to have accidentally aired during Channel 10’s coverage of the Melbourne Cup.
  • The conversation between McGuire and Australian actor and host Rob Mills seemed to have been aired by accident.
  • Many are surprised to see McGuire on their screens but the move was actually announced back in June, with Network Ten confirming reports that he would host the 2022 Melbourne Cup Carnival.

It's anticipated that McGuire will continue presenting Millionaire Hot Seat and Footy Classified on Nine.

Who knew that Eddie McGuire's off-air conversation with Rob Mills would lead to many talking about his ‘surprise’ coverage for the cup? It seems like people have always welcomed him as an anchor for Channel Ten even if it’s been a while since he joined a different network.

Are you a fan of Eddie McGuire? Do you approve of his move to host the 2022 Melbourne Cup Carnival? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Eddie has done nothing wrong and what he said is very Australian so not considered to be offensive except if you are woke and look for offence everyone says. He is a good presenter and old Bruce Mac is way past it so they need someone to do it, so why not. Its better than the overseas people that no-one knows.

We’ve all had those moments where we’ve said something inappropriate without thinking, only to immediately regret it. And unfortunately for tv presenter Eddie McGuire, one of those moments was caught live on air during Channel Ten's coverage of the Melbourne Cup.

Viewer Evan Davis has taken to Twitter to share a clip of an interaction between McGuire and Mills, which seems to have aired by accident on Channel 10's coverage of the Melbourne Cup.

The UK-based Mr Davis posted a video of an exchange between the two on Twitter and commented, 'I guess this conversation between Eddie McGuire and Rob Mills only aired in the UK.'

Mills can be heard saying, 'How's it all going?' to which the host responds, 'We're on fire.'

He then asked: 'I'm just having a look Ed and clouds are coming. How long do you give it?' to which the host responds: 'If Millsy keeps standing up the sun will shine. We know where the sun shines from.'

'Thank you very much. Thanks mate. I appreciate that,' Mills can be heard saying afterwards.

The buzz started when many viewers of Channel 10's coverage of the Melbourne Cup voiced their disbelief at seeing McGuire on the screen, given that the TV presenter is well-known for anchoring television programmes on rival network Nine.

McGuire is well known for presenting Footy Classified and the Millionaire Hot Seat on Channel 9. He rarely hosts coverage for Ten, a competing network.

Some viewers expressed enthusiasm about McGuire hosting the game on social media, with one person writing: 'Still gobsmacked Channel 9 would even consider letting Eddie McGuire HOST Channel 10’s #MelbourneCup!'

'How times have changed. Think it says a lot about how the former perceive the latter, if it were 7 … Don’t think so,' another added.

Eddie McGuire hosting Channel 10's coverage of the Melbourne Cup stunned some viewers. Credit: Ten.

Network Ten actually confirmed rumours that the well-known television personality would be presenting the Melbourne Cup Carnival back in 2022.

'I’m excited to return to 10 where I started my career all those years ago, coming on board as part of the fantastic Melbourne Cup Carnival team,' said the television host in a statement.

'Racing has always been a passion of mine and I can’t wait for this year’s Carnival – it’s an honour in conjunction with VRC and 10 to bring the joy, fun, history and glamour of this world event back to new heights post-Covid.'

Key Takeaways

• An off-air conversation with Eddie McGuire appears to have accidentally aired during Channel 10’s coverage of the Melbourne Cup.
  • The conversation between McGuire and Australian actor and host Rob Mills seemed to have been aired by accident.
  • Many are surprised to see McGuire on their screens but the move was actually announced back in June, with Network Ten confirming reports that he would host the 2022 Melbourne Cup Carnival.

It's anticipated that McGuire will continue presenting Millionaire Hot Seat and Footy Classified on Nine.

Who knew that Eddie McGuire's off-air conversation with Rob Mills would lead to many talking about his ‘surprise’ coverage for the cup? It seems like people have always welcomed him as an anchor for Channel Ten even if it’s been a while since he joined a different network.

Are you a fan of Eddie McGuire? Do you approve of his move to host the 2022 Melbourne Cup Carnival? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below!

NOT A FAN AT ALL OF HIM. No he shouldn't have been allowed to wander across to 10 to take over the Cup. He took that job from someone who was already involved at 10. Stay on your side of the fence Eddie #9#

I wouldn't give Eddie McGuire house room. I don't trust him and I don't like his attitude. What the networks see in him misses me, I can think of loads of presenters I'd rather see on my screen.
See too much of him everywhere and his hosting of millionaire hot seat is abysmal, he basically tells people when they are wrong

Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci

Key Takeaways

I was at a small Melbourne Cup lunch for seniors when 'motor mouth McGuire' appeared on the t.v. My question as to what he was doing there went unanswered. Perhaps they didn't know which channel he worked for.

Reactions: Ricci

Key Takeaways