Uber driver hailed as a 'hero' after bold move – but did she do the right thing or not?

An Uber driver has detailed a particularly 'eventful' ride she had recently.

Sharing on TikTok, Roni from the US narrated the extraordinary moment she dropped a married passenger and his mistress at his home where he lives with his unsuspecting wife and kids.

In the video, which has now received more than 8.6 million views, Roni claims that she picked up a man whom she spotted outside his home waving goodbye to his wife and kids before getting into the car.

Naturally, Roni thought it would be a quiet and peaceful ride; however, the customer suddenly made an additional stop on the way, and when they arrived at this new location, a woman with 'a little bit of luggage' got in the car as well.

KE6x44PV7wZYF71xHxL6sWozLA1kuB8KlKmxc5_BPjAyhuUi_On0kqHSTEnn7QcsbBasc2BceTQb9Oei_gmrsbh_vUmWi-plqAIJqjduH-Cj0drH-7Ytz9YWpzcoG5kbj_1Mnp4eXhEG8iXvZVjn3wgmDqN3f5AOdgYE3gWvtFU_lt9tSeNSTBCSCw

An Uber driver unexpectedly picks up a 'cheating' husband and his mistress. Credit: Getty Images. (Stock photo)

Once the woman showed up, the man's mood reportedly brightened, as described by Roni. The driver commented that it seemed like the man was 'happy that he finally got away' from his wife.

Upon checking the scene in the rearview mirror, she was shocked when she saw the two passengers engaged in a very passionate kiss.

This is when Roni realised that the man who booked her was cheating on his family with the woman she also picked up on the way. Then, the man changed where the taxi would drop them off.

'They continued to talk, and this, that, and the other,' Roni recalled her passengers' conversation. But what shook her was when the woman suddenly said: 'You know I'm tired of you putting me off. When are you going to leave your wife?'

Even though the man just brushed off the question, Roni was so angry about the situation that she decided to take matters into her own hands. She wanted the man to take responsibility for his actions, so she gave him a 'taste of his own medicine'.

Sknj8hlXiSZNCnF1QuLPzh8aU0PEj6OyTz5Ez5cD-d8rn709Lbp20j8CGxfhujVB5NOmtSZttN3XeN4Khv95NE6pgw1369DwKE1xcCQLmE1o8fVIpVV4t8vsXwYS7FdTT_8CQ0K9UYEQTBLAiMiVQkggem6zBOqnTkHDjLv3NA-_dX2SxdebYd3Ptg

Roni recalled the moment she brought a 'cheating' passenger back to his home. Credit: TikTok.

Because Roni was just a few kilometres away from the initial starting point, she decided to go back and drop the man and his 'mistress' off in front of his home, where his wife and kids were staying.

She then drove off and left the two in the front yard. It was never revealed what happened after that, but Roni later shared that the wife sent her a huge 'thank you' for exposing her cheating husband.

'This is my car. I work for myself. I am an independent contractor. If I choose to end your ride, it's my choice. If you are doing something crappy in my car, I have the right to handle it however I see fit,' she went on to say in the clip.

Her video received mostly positive feedback, with many viewers praising her for speaking up against a 'cheater'. However, some also criticised her for getting herself involved in an unfamiliar situation.

'You're straight savage I love it.' said one commenter, while another added: 'Maybe the wife is doing the same thing behind his back. Who are we to put people on trial?'

'I would've completed the ride, then went back and told the wife,' said a third. 'It wouldn't be good for the kids to witness that drama… Let her go on her own.'

If you want to know all the details, check out the TikTok video we've included below. Be warned, though; the clip contains some strong profanity, so please view it at your own risk.

What are your thoughts, everyone? If you were in Roni's shoes, would you do the same and bring the 'cheating' husband back home to his wife? Or would you rather not get involved in the marital affairs of people you don't know? Let us know in the comments!

• Haha
Reactions: Ezzy, Ricci and BJM
Sponsored

Sharing on TikTok, Roni from the US narrated the extraordinary moment she dropped a married passenger and his mistress at his home where he lives with his unsuspecting wife and kids.

In the video, which has now received more than 8.6 million views, Roni claims that she picked up a man whom she spotted outside his home waving goodbye to his wife and kids before getting into the car.

Naturally, Roni thought it would be a quiet and peaceful ride; however, the customer suddenly made an additional stop on the way, and when they arrived at this new location, a woman with 'a little bit of luggage' got in the car as well.

KE6x44PV7wZYF71xHxL6sWozLA1kuB8KlKmxc5_BPjAyhuUi_On0kqHSTEnn7QcsbBasc2BceTQb9Oei_gmrsbh_vUmWi-plqAIJqjduH-Cj0drH-7Ytz9YWpzcoG5kbj_1Mnp4eXhEG8iXvZVjn3wgmDqN3f5AOdgYE3gWvtFU_lt9tSeNSTBCSCw

An Uber driver unexpectedly picks up a 'cheating' husband and his mistress. Credit: Getty Images. (Stock photo)

Once the woman showed up, the man's mood reportedly brightened, as described by Roni. The driver commented that it seemed like the man was 'happy that he finally got away' from his wife.

Upon checking the scene in the rearview mirror, she was shocked when she saw the two passengers engaged in a very passionate kiss.

This is when Roni realised that the man who booked her was cheating on his family with the woman she also picked up on the way. Then, the man changed where the taxi would drop them off.

'They continued to talk, and this, that, and the other,' Roni recalled her passengers' conversation. But what shook her was when the woman suddenly said: 'You know I'm tired of you putting me off. When are you going to leave your wife?'

Even though the man just brushed off the question, Roni was so angry about the situation that she decided to take matters into her own hands. She wanted the man to take responsibility for his actions, so she gave him a 'taste of his own medicine'.

Sknj8hlXiSZNCnF1QuLPzh8aU0PEj6OyTz5Ez5cD-d8rn709Lbp20j8CGxfhujVB5NOmtSZttN3XeN4Khv95NE6pgw1369DwKE1xcCQLmE1o8fVIpVV4t8vsXwYS7FdTT_8CQ0K9UYEQTBLAiMiVQkggem6zBOqnTkHDjLv3NA-_dX2SxdebYd3Ptg

Roni recalled the moment she brought a 'cheating' passenger back to his home. Credit: TikTok.

Because Roni was just a few kilometres away from the initial starting point, she decided to go back and drop the man and his 'mistress' off in front of his home, where his wife and kids were staying.

She then drove off and left the two in the front yard. It was never revealed what happened after that, but Roni later shared that the wife sent her a huge 'thank you' for exposing her cheating husband.

'This is my car. I work for myself. I am an independent contractor. If I choose to end your ride, it's my choice. If you are doing something crappy in my car, I have the right to handle it however I see fit,' she went on to say in the clip.

Her video received mostly positive feedback, with many viewers praising her for speaking up against a 'cheater'. However, some also criticised her for getting herself involved in an unfamiliar situation.

'You're straight savage I love it.' said one commenter, while another added: 'Maybe the wife is doing the same thing behind his back. Who are we to put people on trial?'

'I would've completed the ride, then went back and told the wife,' said a third. 'It wouldn't be good for the kids to witness that drama… Let her go on her own.'

If you want to know all the details, check out the TikTok video we've included below. Be warned, though; the clip contains some strong profanity, so please view it at your own risk.

What are your thoughts, everyone? If you were in Roni's shoes, would you do the same and bring the 'cheating' husband back home to his wife? Or would you rather not get involved in the marital affairs of people you don't know? Let us know in the comments!

It was absolutely none of her business, yes, he’s a cheating pig but she doesn’t know them & should have stayed right out of it!!!

What!!! There are two sides to every story and she had absolutely no right to intervene. Her role was purely that of a Uber driver not judge and jury!! She has no right to be allowed to continue as a Uber driver and should be censored.

Reactions: Thecla and Ricci

good on her

It looks like the wife is already suspicious, as he added a stop to his ride to pick his girlfriend up, plus changed the destination.. So, in case his wife checks out she will not be able to find out about his affairs. Still, I wouldn’t have exposed it though.