Two Easy Salads Creamy Pasta and Potato Salad

These are two salads I always make when my family come together for a BBQ.
Both get cleaned up.

Pasta Salad

images.jpeg-114.jpg

Ingredients:

250g of pasta shells, bows or elbows
3/4 jar of a 340g mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
310 can corn 🌽 kernels
1/2 red capsicum chopped
1 carrot 🥕 grated
1 stick celery chopped
3 heaped tablespoons sour cream

Method :

1. Cook pasta then rinse under cold water the add to bowl

2. Combine pasta and all other ingredients and toss gently

Refrigerate until ready to use.
Will keep 5 days Refrigeratered

Potato Salad
images.jpeg-115.jpg

Ingredients:
4 medium potatoes
1 medium onion finely chopped
Few mint leaves chopped
Coleslaw to taste I use a small bottle / jar

1. Cut potatoes into bite sized chunks. Mean while bring a saucepan of water to the boil

2. Add potatoes to boiling water and cook until soft but still firm

3. Drain and cool under cold running water , thus stops it cooking more. Add to a bowl

4 . Add mint and onion to potatoes

5 Add enough Coleslaw until potatoes are moist.

6. Gently fold through.

Will keep several days in fridge

Note: You can add cooked diced bacon or hard boiled egg cut into 1/4. But honestly the salad is perfect with just the few ingredients I added

Sponsored
me too but husband really hates them, I swear the man has no functioning taste buds the list of his food dislikes is longer than the one's he will eat, adult version of a spoilt child
your husband sounds like my brother. He has been married over 50 years and still won't eat anything new.

Reactions: Ricci
me too but husband really hates them, I swear the man has no functioning taste buds the list of his food dislikes is longer than the one's he will eat, adult version of a spoilt child
My husband is the only one who won't eat these and to be honest he has never tried them. Everyone else comes back for seconds and every friend who has tried these want the recipe

• Sad
Reactions: Ricci
My husband is the only one who won't eat these and to be honest he has never tried them. Everyone else comes back for seconds and every friend who has tried these want the recipe
As mentioned before he is the adult version of a spoilt child,and I do not blame that on a mother who gave into his likes and dislikes, I knew his mother and there is no way she would have given in to him, meals would have been a case of eat what you are given or go hungry. Also he constantly changes his list of food likes and dislikes, making it hard to keep up with him. I know he has tried Potato and pasta salad before but did not like them then so now he will not eat anything that even sounds or looks like them. I can try adding different ingredients and calling them something different but as soon as he see's the potato or pasta He just pushes it away saying I don't like that. GRRRR , trying to feed him every night really does my head in.

As mentioned before he is the adult version of a spoilt child,and I do not blame that on a mother who gave into his likes and dislikes, I knew his mother and there is no way she would have given in to him, meals would have been a case of eat what you are given or go hungry. Also he constantly changes his list of food likes and dislikes, making it hard to keep up with him. I know he has tried Potato and pasta salad before but did not like them then so now he will not eat anything that even sounds or looks like them. I can try adding different ingredients and calling them something different but as soon as he see's the potato or pasta He just pushes it away saying I don't like that. GRRRR , trying to feed him every night really does my head in.
Oh my and I thought mine was bad

• Love
Reactions: Gaena
Maybe you should reverse the role abd get him to cook then critique him. .just a thought. I never criticise people but my hubby has this habit so over the past few weeks I criticise him and he ask why I'm doing it , I replied I had a good teacher

Maybe you should reverse the role abd get him to cook then critique him. .just a thought. I never criticise people but my hubby has this habit so over the past few weeks I criticise him and he ask why I'm doing it , I replied I had a good teacher
Good grief the thought of even allowing him into my kitchen is enough to propel me into an absolute meltdown, the mess he makes takes me hours to clean, he cooks like he is a Chef with an army of kitchen helpers on hand to pick up and clean after him, the resulting meal isjust so not worth it, I eat it with one eye on the food on my plate and the other eye on the disaster in the kitchen. Also he is still working full time so just the thought of him having to spend time in the kitchen cooking his own dinner when he gets home is enough to send me on a raging guilt trip, honestly, I think we both need professional help, him for being so bloody minded in his habits and me for being such a perfectionist with OCD tendencies.

Good grief the thought of even allowing him into my kitchen is enough to propel me into an absolute meltdown, the mess he makes takes me hours to clean, he cooks like he is a Chef with an army of kitchen helpers on hand to pick up and clean after him, the resulting meal isjust so not worth it, I eat it with one eye on the food on my plate and the other eye on the disaster in the kitchen. Also he is still working full time so just the thought of him having to spend time in the kitchen cooking his own dinner when he gets home is enough to send me on a raging guilt trip, honestly, I think we both need professional help, him for being so bloody minded in his habits and me for being such a perfectionist with OCD tendencies.
I would not let mine in Kitchen for same reason!!!! After a couple of hours when home from work the house looks like a four year old has invaded. I am just perplexed. Seems food, dirt, grass just falls off him as he walks around the house, after i have swept floors ect all day. Also just a bit about the potato salad, i use Praise mayonaise and always hard boiled eggs chopped up, love it by itself in a sandwich over next couple of days.

If he acts like a spoilt child, then maybe act like his mother and treat him like a child - he can eat what he is given or he can go hungry! (I know, I'm being mean! Hehehe!)

• Haha
Reactions: Gaena