Two customers from Kmart blasted by fellow shoppers online over selfish act: "How is this acceptable?"

Two Kmart shoppers have received an intense backlash from hundreds of fellow shoppers online after several photos of their "despicable" act were revealed on social media.

In a post on a popular Facebook group, a Kmart shopper blasted her fellow customer’s shopping antics, asking: “How is this acceptable?”

The enraged shopper saw two customers loading up several trolleys worth of discounted women’s shoes at Kmart.

"I went into Kmart today and as soon as I walked in, there were two people with THREE shopping trolleys FULL and overloaded with every single pair of shoes that were discounted to $2 in the women’s shoe aisles," the shopper recounted.

"I went to the shoe aisle and there was NOTHING. These two people had cleared it all out," she added.

In the photos, the accused customers can be seen with an overloaded trolley. The woman claimed that they had two more trolleys behind the counter, full of discounted shoes.

UhMP36zC_Vo9gKnZFHKBNl_u05EEbP6U9JO9zwAj0241aspMKB4D9DSkZyBD9NwnCsLqfZK9tDC-r8d8TYwnbsvX0H79DcFI-Yow6EZYub6ixUPi-nG-wDdoZhdOydcxNemITWkD

The two customers were seen with two to three trolleys full of discounted shoes. Credit: Facebook.

At first, the Kmart shopper thought maybe they were going to donate the bulk of items to charity. So she politely approached the customers to ask the reason why they were buying so many discounted items.

However, she was shocked and further enraged when she heard their answers. "It was so that they could sell at the markets for more money," she said.

"How is this acceptable – when they clear everything on special out, only to sell at the markets?"

Hundreds of fellow shoppers who saw the woman's post agreed with her, saying the two customers were out of line, and what they did was selfish and unfair to other shoppers.

"This is despicable! Makes me so angry," one user wrote in the comments. Another agreed, saying: "So so selfish. What the actual hell."

A third person wrote: "When I think of how many folks are doing it tough right now after all the floods, this is just sad to see. Hoping these people have a change of heart and do the right thing. A lot of people could benefit from a donation like this."

What are your thoughts, members?

Were the two customers reasonable for "reselling" the discounted items? Or was it the right thing to call them out over their "selfish" act?

Sponsored
Two customers from Kmart blasted by fellow shoppers online over selfish act: "How is this acceptable?"

Two Kmart shoppers have received an intense backlash from hundreds of fellow shoppers online after several photos of their "despicable" act were revealed on social media.

In a post on a popular Facebook group, a Kmart shopper blasted her fellow customer’s shopping antics, asking: “How is this acceptable?”

The enraged shopper saw two customers loading up several trolleys worth of discounted women’s shoes at Kmart.

"I went into Kmart today and as soon as I walked in, there were two people with THREE shopping trolleys FULL and overloaded with every single pair of shoes that were discounted to $2 in the women’s shoe aisles," the shopper recounted.

"I went to the shoe aisle and there was NOTHING. These two people had cleared it all out," she added.

In the photos, the accused customers can be seen with an overloaded trolley. The woman claimed that they had two more trolleys behind the counter, full of discounted shoes.

UhMP36zC_Vo9gKnZFHKBNl_u05EEbP6U9JO9zwAj0241aspMKB4D9DSkZyBD9NwnCsLqfZK9tDC-r8d8TYwnbsvX0H79DcFI-Yow6EZYub6ixUPi-nG-wDdoZhdOydcxNemITWkD

The two customers were seen with two to three trolleys full of discounted shoes. Credit: Facebook.

At first, the Kmart shopper thought maybe they were going to donate the bulk of items to charity. So she politely approached the customers to ask the reason why they were buying so many discounted items.

However, she was shocked and further enraged when she heard their answers. "It was so that they could sell at the markets for more money," she said.

"How is this acceptable – when they clear everything on special out, only to sell at the markets?"

Hundreds of fellow shoppers who saw the woman's post agreed with her, saying the two customers were out of line, and what they did was selfish and unfair to other shoppers.

"This is despicable! Makes me so angry," one user wrote in the comments. Another agreed, saying: "So so selfish. What the actual hell."

A third person wrote: "When I think of how many folks are doing it tough right now after all the floods, this is just sad to see. Hoping these people have a change of heart and do the right thing. A lot of people could benefit from a donation like this."

What are your thoughts, members?

Were the two customers reasonable for "reselling" the discounted items? Or was it the right thing to call them out over their "selfish" act?
There should have been a limit put on how many they could buy. Very selfish and uncaring thing to do. Just remember the word Karma!!!!!!!!

The way it’s reported makes it sound wrong but in all reasonableness what is so wrong?
Willing seller, willing buyer! I’ve never considered “profit” to be a dirty word and if you are a trader you buy on the best market to sell competitively in your market.
The seller, Kmart, could have or maybe should have put a restriction on the amount allowed as often happens with special offers.
I can’t see anything wrong here!!
Spot on Ken Morgan.

The author of the article should more carefully choose the wording used......
In the heading the two shoppers committed a "selfish" act. It may have been selfish as they maybe had not considered others when they purchased all of the shoes, even though they purchased them legally for the purpose of adding stock to their market business.
Then, in the first sentence, the author has elevated the behaviour to a "despicable" act....... Why does the author want to incite hatred of the shoppers? The shoppers certainly do not deserve hatred, they are simply making a business transaction by buying the articles at a sale price and then onselling at a profit... that is how business works........ and now hold on before everybody ridicules them and me...... It is exactly the same business pronciple that Kmart used..... buy at a low price and sell at a higher price........ Kmart would not be selling them at a loss, so consider how much markup Kmart added to the articles before they put them out for clearance at a sale price.
Everyday we see many small business operators buying items in bulk from big retailers, taking the items to their own shop and selling them at a higher price than that for which they purchased....... They also make a profit.... so are the Kmart shoppers any different????
We are so very quick to judge people according to what we see as "values" in our own eyes, but everyones values are not the same. Surely it would be fair to look at all sides of the story before making an ill informed judgement.
Being lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time and making an opportunistic purchase is not illegal, not morally wrong, and not in any way deserving of being labelled "despicable"

Reactions: Dot
The author of the article should more carefully choose the wording used......
In the heading the two shoppers committed a "selfish" act. It may have been selfish as they maybe had not considered others when they purchased all of the shoes, even though they purchased them legally for the purpose of adding stock to their market business.
Then, in the first sentence, the author has elevated the behaviour to a "despicable" act....... Why does the author want to incite hatred of the shoppers? The shoppers certainly do not deserve hatred, they are simply making a business transaction by buying the articles at a sale price and then onselling at a profit... that is how business works........ and now hold on before everybody ridicules them and me...... It is exactly the same business pronciple that Kmart used..... buy at a low price and sell at a higher price........ Kmart would not be selling them at a loss, so consider how much markup Kmart added to the articles before they put them out for clearance at a sale price.
Everyday we see many small business operators buying items in bulk from big retailers, taking the items to their own shop and selling them at a higher price than that for which they purchased....... They also make a profit.... so are the Kmart shoppers any different????
We are so very quick to judge people according to what we see as "values" in our own eyes, but everyones values are not the same. Surely it would be fair to look at all sides of the story before making an ill informed judgement.
Being lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time and making an opportunistic purchase is not illegal, not morally wrong, and not in any way deserving of being labelled "despicable"
WOW, Robbo.....you hit the nail on the head. Best response I have seen....well done.

If they were going to donate them to flood victims or to the homeless I wouldn't be so mad, but if they are going to make a profit on them, shame on them. Surely Kmart has a limit to how many you can buy?
jealous much?