Two customers from Kmart blasted by fellow shoppers online over selfish act: "How is this acceptable?"

Two Kmart shoppers have received an intense backlash from hundreds of fellow shoppers online after several photos of their "despicable" act were revealed on social media.

In a post on a popular Facebook group, a Kmart shopper blasted her fellow customer’s shopping antics, asking: “How is this acceptable?”

The enraged shopper saw two customers loading up several trolleys worth of discounted women’s shoes at Kmart.

"I went into Kmart today and as soon as I walked in, there were two people with THREE shopping trolleys FULL and overloaded with every single pair of shoes that were discounted to $2 in the women’s shoe aisles," the shopper recounted.

"I went to the shoe aisle and there was NOTHING. These two people had cleared it all out," she added.

In the photos, the accused customers can be seen with an overloaded trolley. The woman claimed that they had two more trolleys behind the counter, full of discounted shoes.

UhMP36zC_Vo9gKnZFHKBNl_u05EEbP6U9JO9zwAj0241aspMKB4D9DSkZyBD9NwnCsLqfZK9tDC-r8d8TYwnbsvX0H79DcFI-Yow6EZYub6ixUPi-nG-wDdoZhdOydcxNemITWkD

The two customers were seen with two to three trolleys full of discounted shoes. Credit: Facebook.

At first, the Kmart shopper thought maybe they were going to donate the bulk of items to charity. So she politely approached the customers to ask the reason why they were buying so many discounted items.

However, she was shocked and further enraged when she heard their answers. "It was so that they could sell at the markets for more money," she said.

"How is this acceptable – when they clear everything on special out, only to sell at the markets?"

Hundreds of fellow shoppers who saw the woman's post agreed with her, saying the two customers were out of line, and what they did was selfish and unfair to other shoppers.

"This is despicable! Makes me so angry," one user wrote in the comments. Another agreed, saying: "So so selfish. What the actual hell."

A third person wrote: "When I think of how many folks are doing it tough right now after all the floods, this is just sad to see. Hoping these people have a change of heart and do the right thing. A lot of people could benefit from a donation like this."

What are your thoughts, members?

Were the two customers reasonable for "reselling" the discounted items? Or was it the right thing to call them out over their "selfish" act?

Sponsored
If they were going to donate them to flood victims or to the homeless I wouldn't be so mad, but if they are going to make a profit on them, shame on them. Surely Kmart has a limit to how many you can buy?

Two customers from Kmart blasted by fellow shoppers online over selfish act: "How is this acceptable?"
Personnally I think K Mart is Partly to blame for letting them get through the checkouts with that amount of goods, but then again K Mart is only interested in selling the goods
Two Kmart shoppers have received an intense backlash from hundreds of fellow shoppers online after several photos of their "despicable" act were revealed on social media.

In a post on a popular Facebook group, a Kmart shopper blasted her fellow customer’s shopping antics, asking: “How is this acceptable?”

The enraged shopper saw two customers loading up several trolleys worth of discounted women’s shoes at Kmart.

"I went into Kmart today and as soon as I walked in, there were two people with THREE shopping trolleys FULL and overloaded with every single pair of shoes that were discounted to $2 in the women’s shoe aisles," the shopper recounted.

"I went to the shoe aisle and there was NOTHING. These two people had cleared it all out," she added.

In the photos, the accused customers can be seen with an overloaded trolley. The woman claimed that they had two more trolleys behind the counter, full of discounted shoes.

UhMP36zC_Vo9gKnZFHKBNl_u05EEbP6U9JO9zwAj0241aspMKB4D9DSkZyBD9NwnCsLqfZK9tDC-r8d8TYwnbsvX0H79DcFI-Yow6EZYub6ixUPi-nG-wDdoZhdOydcxNemITWkD

The two customers were seen with two to three trolleys full of discounted shoes. Credit: Facebook.

At first, the Kmart shopper thought maybe they were going to donate the bulk of items to charity. So she politely approached the customers to ask the reason why they were buying so many discounted items.

However, she was shocked and further enraged when she heard their answers. "It was so that they could sell at the markets for more money," she said.

"How is this acceptable – when they clear everything on special out, only to sell at the markets?"

Hundreds of fellow shoppers who saw the woman's post agreed with her, saying the two customers were out of line, and what they did was selfish and unfair to other shoppers.

"This is despicable! Makes me so angry," one user wrote in the comments. Another agreed, saying: "So so selfish. What the actual hell."

A third person wrote: "When I think of how many folks are doing it tough right now after all the floods, this is just sad to see. Hoping these people have a change of heart and do the right thing. A lot of people could benefit from a donation like this."

Were the two customers reasonable for "reselling" the discounted items? Or was it the right thing to call them out over their "selfish" act?
If they were going to donate them to flood victims or to the homeless I wouldn't be so mad, but if they are going to make a profit on them, shame on them. Surely Kmart has a limit to how many you can buy?

This reselling business must be stopped somehow. Unfortunately it's not illegal but it certainly isn't moral. I think it's wonderful that shops like KMart put these essential items on sale at such great prices to benefit people who are doing it tough like flood victims. These selfish scumbags think of nobody but themselves and how they can rip off anyone just to make a buck. I really think that shop security should have stopped them before they got to the checkout. If I'd been there I would have called shop security myself.

These so-called women should be ashamed of themselves - But K-mart and other shops should also take some of the blame. I believe there should be a limit of any items that can be bought at any one time, especially if it is on sale or has been discounted. That way everyone gets a chance to buy & save. Remember the are hundreds & thousands of people you can't even afford the Sale price of $2.00

The way it’s reported makes it sound wrong but in all reasonableness what is so wrong?
Willing seller, willing buyer! I’ve never considered “profit” to be a dirty word and if you are a trader you buy on the best market to sell competitively in your market.
The seller, Kmart, could have or maybe should have put a restriction on the amount allowed as often happens with special offers.
I can’t see anything wrong here!!

It seems that there is a lack of decency becoming the norm, these days. Maybe When there is a bargain available why not limit the items so that everybody can have a chance. Coles had limits with sausages when there was, and still is, Covid.

Unless KMart places a restriction on how many items at a reduced price a person can purchase, then the women were doing no wrong (!).
I personally think their actions are grossly unfair.
When my Church had annual garage sales to raise funds to run the breakfast program at the local primary school, we also wanted to assist the needy in the community by having cheap, good quality items.
Unfortunately, the professional traders were the first to line up and grab all the best items. We got to know them over the years, and in the first hour, when the professionals came, we put up signs limiting clothes, shoes, handbags and books to 5 items of each category per person.
After that, anyone could get whatever they wanted.
We used to give a bag full of clothes of their choice for $2 (or nothing) to those we thought needed a hand.

This happens a lot. I once bought a table lamp from EBay for $90. It was exactly what I was looking for but the day a
fter it arrived I was shopping at KMart and the same lamp was $30. I was so mad I demanded a refund from the seller and got it.

I have seen people do the same at Aldi - Hurstville with special buys. I wanted a pair of shoes and these women were grabbing all of them and putting them in a trolley. Obviously I didn't get my shoes. There should be a limit on purchases like that.

These people have obviously never heard the phrase "caring is sharing" as they don't do either. Ultimately kmart doesn't care, they just want the stock gone so they don't have to count and account for it and to make space for the new season's styles.:cautious:

Reactions: DrivingGirl
The shopper who heard their remarks should bring it to the management attention before these greedy ladies get to the check out! KMart needs to out a limit on these sales so that those who are really in need of these sales get a chance to purchase too. Shame on these low lifes!! Feeling very disgusted.

Calling this a 'despicable act' is catastrophising it. It's not a catastrophy. Its annoying. Morally it is wrong. Legally it is not wrong. Let's face it...stores buy in bulk at mega low prices and onsell to us at high prices. Market stall people, buy low and onsell at high prices. First in gets the prizes. We may not like it when others get to the goodies first and snatch up the lot. Yes, its annoying and rude BUT it is NOT worth losing your mind over. Calm down people. It's business. That's the way it works. It would have been good if Kmart had put a limit on the number of shoes that could be bought at one time but if someone REALLY wants them, they'll just make multiple purchases and it all ends up the same. And really, Kmart could care less who buys them. They just want them sold. Kmart was no doubt happy they all went in one go. No I don't like it either but going ballistic over it certainly is not the way. Just calm down, get over it and move on... Try and get the catastrophy language under control. What Russia is doing to Ukraine is despicable. People buying lots of shoes on sale is not.

Last edited:

Selfish bitches

• Love
Reactions: debjane
A few years ago Coles had an extra good special on Cauliflowers and one lady had a trolly full of them and I thought she must have a shop to sell them at a profit. I have also seen the same thing on other products which you normally would not buy a trolly load of

So wrong!!!

When prices are this low, KMart should anticipate that the shoes will be grabbed by many. Therefore place a Max. Of 3 pairs of shoes per customer. I realise multiple members from 1 family could do this, however, you'd stand more of a chance of getting a pair for yourself. Furthermore, if I was there, I would go straight to Management and call them out.

This reselling business must be stopped somehow. Unfortunately it's not illegal but it certainly isn't moral. I think it's wonderful that shops like KMart put these essential items on sale at such great prices to benefit people who are doing it tough like flood victims. These selfish scumbags think of nobody but themselves and how they can rip off anyone just to make a buck. I really think that shop security should have stopped them before they got to the checkout. If I'd been there I would have called shop security myself.
No law was broken. Kmart would have thought, bonus, they're all gone in one hit. Security could maybe have helped the shoppers get their piles of shoes to their cars but they could do nothing else. No law was broken. And that's that.

I think KMart should have restricted quantities. When I think of Lismore NSW where families and schools have lost absolutely everything including school resources, clothing and basic items maybe some compassion is needed instead of what benefit could be made. Maybe KMart should donating directly to them.