Twisties' new Donut King flavour: a hit or a miss?

Twisties has done it again!

The popular treat has taken our taste buds by surprise by introducing a flavourful concoction that is set to challenge the snack scene.

Since its invention in the 1950s, this legendary brand has continued to tantalise our tastebuds with innovative flavours that have kept us hooked over the decades.

Cheese? Been there. Chicken? Done that. Now, they are taking a detour from their savoury roots to deliver us an unexpected delight in our chip packets.

compressed-LBB_Online_-_2023-06-22T094608.036.jpeg
Exciting news! Donut King Twisties has officially arrived and can now be found on store shelves. Source: LBBOnline

Introducing to you the brand spanking new 'Donut King Cinnamon Donut' flavour! Thanks to a collaboration with Donut King, the makers of irresistibly nostalgic cinnamon doughnuts, Twisties has captured this unlikely mashup in their latest innovation. You can read more about it here.

The spiced-up flavour lives up to its descriptive name, offering an unlikely yet satisfying blend of sweet cinnamon and savoury punch that might have you reaching for more.

It's a sweet segue from the common savoury flavours, yet done with a Twisties-esque finesse.

Now, for those of you thinking, 'Sweet and savoury in a chip?' Let's just say that there's a reason this unexpected duo has been gaining a culinary following.

Many food lovers have been intrigued by this puzzling flavour pairing, and let's face it; who doesn’t love a culinary adventure?

Speaking of the public reaction, Melanie Saluni, Twisties Brand Manager, has shared how the 'anticipation and excitement' was palpable across social media channels.

‘We can’t wait for our consumers to try them for the first time,’ she said.

Understandably so; such a blend isn't something you see every day!

Donut King's Marketing Manager, Raquel Hine, also seemed thrilled about this sweet and salty partnership and looked forward to delivering a fresh snack experience.

compressed-TWISTTT.jpeg
Twisties is constantly on the lookout for creative ways to offer new flavour experiences to those who enjoy sweet treats. Source: Convenience & Impulse Retailing

She said, ‘Similar to Twisties, we are passionate about bringing a bit of fun and joy to Australians’ day-to-day lives, so we couldn’t have thought of a better Aussie favourite to team up with.’

If you're excited to try these delightful Twisties, you can find them priced from $2.70 for an 80g bag at various locations, including Woolworths, Coles, IGA, and selected independent retailers.

As with any new release, it saw a spectrum of reviews, with some snack enthusiasts finding it dauntingly different while others couldn’t get enough.

Reviews ranged from calls for more of that cinnamon goodness to some likening it to munching on breakfast cereal. Agree or disagree; the responses have been, well, spicy!

One social media user, Michael Jaimie, shared in a video, ‘I see the vision, I’m not sure about the execution. If they had a bit more cinnamon on them, they’d be perfect,’

Some of our SDC members also shared their sentiments:

@Suzanne rose said, ‘No, thank you. I love the cheese flavour; I don't even eat the chicken flavour. The original is the best, and changing the flavour to me, it's then not Twisties.’

@terri added, ‘This is why the ever faithful fantail is disappearing. (I'm not thinking about the ageing machinery here, though.) These companies are trying too hard to offer different flavours. Stick with what most people love and leave the cinnamon flavour to the doughnuts.’

@Littleboy8 shared, ‘I’ll try anything once! I love doughnuts. Just polished off six woollies iced doughnuts! What a gutz! Next grocery order twisties. With a twist! Yum!’

Twisties is no stranger to flavour experiments, having previously dabbled in sweet twists with a raspberry flavour.

This bold move stirred a range of reactions, with some strongly opposed to tampering with the classic 'Twisties taste' while others saw it as an adventurous venture worth trying.

Key Takeaways
  • Twisties has announced a new collaboration with Donut King, resulting in a Cinnamon Donut flavour.
  • The new offering has sparked much consumer anticipation and excitement with its distinct cinnamon spice notes and 'deliciously sweet' undertone.
  • While some consumers have shown much enthusiasm and positivity about the innovative flavour, others have given mixed reviews.
  • The Twisties Donut King Cinnamon Donut flavour is available at Woolies, Coles, and other selected service stations and independent retailers, priced from $2.70 for an 80g bag.

After all, isn’t that the beauty of innovative flavours? They jolt us out of our snack routines, ignite our taste buds and create a whirl of conversations.

Well, whether this flavour is a hit or miss, only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, it's an experience waiting to happen. So, we eagerly await to find out if you'll berate or celebrate this new twist in the Twisties tale.

Happy snacking, and don't forget to share your Twisties 'Donut King Cinnamon Donut' experience with us!

Sponsored
I love chicken twisties but as to donut king flavour, jury’s out. I have plenty of taste testers.

Reactions: Ezzy
Yuk.
This is bordering on the brink of sacrilege.
When I was a child, I used to love plain Twisties and those little bags were just enough.
Then they brought out Chicken Twisties. It took me a while, but I did accept them as second choice.
I don't buy them very often, however, when I do it is always original flavour.
As far as sweet Twisties go, no thanks. Just can't see me even wanting to try.

Reactions: Ezzy
Wonder whether they will be as tasty as...Beef & Peanut paste Pies.... Lemon/Lime Frankfurters ..... Beef Tea and Cola Soft drink.......Anchovy Ice Cream???

• Haha
Reactions: MariaG
Twisties has done it again!

The popular treat has taken our taste buds by surprise by introducing a flavourful concoction that is set to challenge the snack scene.

Since its invention in the 1950s, this legendary brand has continued to tantalise our tastebuds with innovative flavours that have kept us hooked over the decades.

Cheese? Been there. Chicken? Done that. Now, they are taking a detour from their savoury roots to deliver us an unexpected delight in our chip packets.

View attachment 25991
Exciting news! Donut King Twisties has officially arrived and can now be found on store shelves. Source: LBBOnline

Introducing to you the brand spanking new 'Donut King Cinnamon Donut' flavour! Thanks to a collaboration with Donut King, the makers of irresistibly nostalgic cinnamon doughnuts, Twisties has captured this unlikely mashup in their latest innovation. You can read more about it here.

The spiced-up flavour lives up to its descriptive name, offering an unlikely yet satisfying blend of sweet cinnamon and savoury punch that might have you reaching for more.

It's a sweet segue from the common savoury flavours, yet done with a Twisties-esque finesse.

Now, for those of you thinking, 'Sweet and savoury in a chip?' Let's just say that there's a reason this unexpected duo has been gaining a culinary following.

Many food lovers have been intrigued by this puzzling flavour pairing, and let's face it; who doesn’t love a culinary adventure?

Speaking of the public reaction, Melanie Saluni, Twisties Brand Manager, has shared how the 'anticipation and excitement' was palpable across social media channels.

‘We can’t wait for our consumers to try them for the first time,’ she said.

Understandably so; such a blend isn't something you see every day!

Donut King's Marketing Manager, Raquel Hine, also seemed thrilled about this sweet and salty partnership and looked forward to delivering a fresh snack experience.

View attachment 25993
Twisties is constantly on the lookout for creative ways to offer new flavour experiences to those who enjoy sweet treats. Source: Convenience & Impulse Retailing

She said, ‘Similar to Twisties, we are passionate about bringing a bit of fun and joy to Australians’ day-to-day lives, so we couldn’t have thought of a better Aussie favourite to team up with.’

If you're excited to try these delightful Twisties, you can find them priced from $2.70 for an 80g bag at various locations, including Woolworths, Coles, IGA, and selected independent retailers.

As with any new release, it saw a spectrum of reviews, with some snack enthusiasts finding it dauntingly different while others couldn’t get enough.

Reviews ranged from calls for more of that cinnamon goodness to some likening it to munching on breakfast cereal. Agree or disagree; the responses have been, well, spicy!

One social media user, Michael Jaimie, shared in a video, ‘I see the vision, I’m not sure about the execution. If they had a bit more cinnamon on them, they’d be perfect,’

Some of our SDC members also shared their sentiments:

@Suzanne rose said, ‘No, thank you. I love the cheese flavour; I don't even eat the chicken flavour. The original is the best, and changing the flavour to me, it's then not Twisties.’

@terri added, ‘This is why the ever faithful fantail is disappearing. (I'm not thinking about the ageing machinery here, though.) These companies are trying too hard to offer different flavours. Stick with what most people love and leave the cinnamon flavour to the doughnuts.’

@Littleboy8 shared, ‘I’ll try anything once! I love doughnuts. Just polished off six woollies iced doughnuts! What a gutz! Next grocery order twisties. With a twist! Yum!’

Twisties is no stranger to flavour experiments, having previously dabbled in sweet twists with a raspberry flavour.

This bold move stirred a range of reactions, with some strongly opposed to tampering with the classic 'Twisties taste' while others saw it as an adventurous venture worth trying.

Key Takeaways

• Twisties has announced a new collaboration with Donut King, resulting in a Cinnamon Donut flavour.
  • The new offering has sparked much consumer anticipation and excitement with its distinct cinnamon spice notes and 'deliciously sweet' undertone.
  • While some consumers have shown much enthusiasm and positivity about the innovative flavour, others have given mixed reviews.
  • The Twisties Donut King Cinnamon Donut flavour is available at Woolies, Coles, and other selected service stations and independent retailers, priced from $2.70 for an 80g bag.

After all, isn’t that the beauty of innovative flavours? They jolt us out of our snack routines, ignite our taste buds and create a whirl of conversations.

Well, whether this flavour is a hit or miss, only time will tell, but one thing is for sure, it's an experience waiting to happen. So, we eagerly await to find out if you'll berate or celebrate this new twist in the Twisties tale.

Happy snacking, and don't forget to share your Twisties 'Donut King Cinnamon Donut' experience with us!
After getting Krispy Kreme's donuts the rest especially cinnamon ones are BORING!! I won't be trying this.