TV host unleashes brutal takedown of Meghan Markle's Netflix series: ‘I had to watch that’

In the ever-evolving saga of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the latest chapter unfolds not within the hallowed halls of Buckingham Palace but on the screens.

Meghan Markle's new Netflix program has been met with a scathing critique from a Sky News host, who branded the show as ‘awful’, while royal experts weighed in on the high stakes involved for the Sussexes' future with the streaming service.

The unreleased lifestyle program, part of a lucrative $100 million deal inked with Netflix, is said to showcase Meghan's flair for cooking, gardening, and entertaining.

While the finer details remain under wraps, the anticipation and scrutiny are palpable. The Sussexes are under pressure to deliver content that captivates audiences, as their financial and reputational stakes are intertwined with the success of their Netflix ventures.

shutterstock_1199686363.jpg
A Sky News host criticised Meghan Markle’s Netflix program as ‘awful’. Credit: Shutterstock

Sky News Australia's Rita Panahi didn't mince words when she expressed her disdain for the upcoming show.

‘I can’t see the polo program working out,’ Panahi said.

‘One thing that has worked was awful. It was a reality series, it wasn’t a documentary, but it was a boring reality series.’

‘It was like a poor man’s Keeping Up With The Kardashians. I had to watch that; I had to take one for the team, and I don’t want to do it ever again,’ she added.

Royal commentator Kinsey Schofield echoed this sentiment.

‘This is crucial that this is a success...because, as you know, Harry and Meghan’s only commercial hit so far has been their Harry and Meghan docuseries, which was basically just, you know, hours and hours of them ripping into the British royal family,’ she told Panahi.

‘They’ve released Live to Lead, which was an absolute flop. Next up, Heart of Invictus, no one tuned in.’

‘So it's very, very important that Meghan’s show or Harry’s polo program sees some similar numbers to the Harry and Meghan docuseries, or they risk losing that Netflix gig,’ Schofield added.

The couple's initial series on Netflix, the docuseries Harry & Meghan, provided a glimpse into their courtship and controversial exit from royal duties.

While it garnered significant attention, subsequent releases like Live to Lead failed to make a similar impact.

Meanwhile, speculation abounds regarding Prince Harry's literary future, with Schofield suggesting the possibility of another tell-all book after his revealing memoir Spare.

However, the commentator believed the Duke would probably wait until King Charles passed away and Prince William took over as the monarch.
Key Takeaways
  • A Sky News Australia host has critically reviewed Meghan Markle's new Netflix program, describing it as ‘awful'.
  • A royal expert emphasised the importance of the Sussexes' successful projects in maintaining their multimillion-dollar contract with Netflix.
  • The content of Meghan Markicle's unreleased lifestyle show is anticipated to include cooking, gardening, and entertaining, while Prince Harry is working on his project focused on professional polo.
  • Failure of the Sussexes' upcoming Netflix programs to attract viewership could put their partnership with the streaming service at risk, following the underperformance of previous releases aside from their initial hit docuseries Harry & Meghan.
What are your thoughts on the Sussexes' Netflix projects? Do you believe they will succeed in redefining their public image, or will they struggle to connect with audiences? Share your insights and opinions in the comments below!

Sponsored
Sounds like they will have to rejoin the R/F for 18 months collect any anti remarks outright lies and innuendo, do another runner (oops mexit) And write another shite novella. Treacherous greedy bastards, I'm beginning to think that between them they have the sense and morals of an Amoeba? or something similar. I wouldn't trust either to empty a pisspot.

Reactions: Rob44 and Daibhin
I think the public humiliation of family members stemmed from the Markle family, don’t forget the amount of trash her dad threw at the media prior to the wedding. Harry just learnt from the best. Me I list interest before the wedding

Reactions: Ezzy and Daibhin
Well, I guess you are the fortunate one - Congratulations. My husband went bald & grey in his 40's and my mother blamed me.
Same here - meet my hubby in 1985 (27) he had beautiful jet black hair - by 1989 I nicked name him "The Silver Fox" as he had turn fully silver/grey.

• Love
Reactions: Ezzy and Marilynne
In every photo of THE WHINGER, facing the camera, Harry is on her right hand side.
This is because the VENTRILOQUIST is controlling the DUMMY.
Your Honour, the defence rests.

Reactions: Daibhin
They will always be classed as traitors to their family. But obvious trying to make a new start . Might make it if they can stop cashing in on his now almost royal status.

Reactions: Daibhin
My brother, 2 years younger than me, started balding before he reached 40 & started to look like dad with it. (silly man always said he wasn't dad's son, but the likeness there was uncanny & he even brushed his hair from front to back as dad did).

Haven't seen him for many years now so he might be bald whereas me @ 72 1/2 years still has good crop of hair. Working in construction for some years l wore a helmet which workmates said contributed to their baldness (& not their nationality).

Reactions: Marilynne