Traveller calls out 'the worst types' of airline passengers – do you agree?

We here at the SDC love nothing more than a good old-fashioned holiday. But in recent years, air travel has become less and less enjoyable (and possible) – mainly because of the other passengers we have to share a plane with.

But one woman has had enough; she's taken to social media to call out some of the worst offenders when it comes to bad behaviour on planes.

Christina Najjar – who goes by Tinx on social media – shared a TikTok video of the five types of people she can’t stand while travelling.

She also called out the ‘worst types’ of airline passengers, ranging from the ‘unprepared’ to the ‘gate crowders’.

‘Here are the things that make you truly an awful traveller,’ she said in the clip.

plane2.jpg
Air travel gets stressful because of rowdy passengers. Credit: Marina Hinic in Pexels

‘You do any of these things, you should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror before you travel again,’ she added.

‘Let’s begin with the people who are unprepared at the front of the security line. It’s a security line, you know what’s coming,’ she explained.

She said these travellers tend to hold up the queue at airports.

‘Yet there are still people fumbling around with their laptops like a child who forgot their homework. “Do I have to take off my jacket?” Yes, spoiler alert. Yes, you always have to take off your jacket.’

Next, the woman slammed the ‘gate crowders’, or those who rush to the departure gate for their flight before any announcement is even made.

‘They haven’t even put up our flights on the little digital board and you are crowding around the gate like it’s the stampede from The Lion King,’ she joked.

Tinx continued: ‘Grinding your foot into the ground like you’re about to run with the bulls. Aside from the fact that you’re in group five, I got to tell you, buddy, we’re all going to the same place, we’re all getting on the same plane.’

Next, there are the ‘overstuffers’, or what she calls passengers who ‘overstuff their overhead bins’.

‘It always baffles me with the bins because it’s very simple, just don’t be an a**hole,’ she said.

‘Put your overstuffed suitcase away and your ugly little personal item in the seat in front of you.’

airport.jpg
Do you have any pet peeves while travelling? Credit: Riccardo in Pexels

Additionally, Tinx said she couldn’t stand travellers carrying ‘hideously large’ backpacks.

‘You insist on wearing it, and you try your utmost not to hit every grandma and child in the aisle seats while you walk to your chair,’ she explained.

‘I never understand how people don’t have spatial awareness.’

Then, the woman said she doesn’t like ‘chatty passengers’. She explained that she already deals with ‘enough anxiety’ so she doesn’t feel like speaking to anyone.

‘This one is going to be controversial, but I don’t like it when strangers talk to me on planes. I really don’t care about your business trip. No thank you I would not like to see pictures of your grandchildren…Call me a Grinch, I don’t really care,’ she admitted.

Finally, Tinx said she takes issue with travellers who take off their shoes the moment they are seated on board a plane.

‘Controversial one, but I don’t think open-toe shoes should be allowed on planes,’ said the woman.

‘If you think about taking off your shoes and socks on an aeroplane, you deserve jail. I don’t want to see them, I don’t want to smell them,’ explained Tinx.

Many people have an issue with this too, as evidenced by our previous articles here, here, and here.

Key Takeaways

• Christina Najjar, otherwise known as Tinx on social media, shared an amusing TikTok video of the five types of people she can’t stand while flying.
  • Among them were those who were unprepared at security, gate crowders, and those who overstuff the overhead bins.
  • Tinx says that if you do any of these things, you should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror before you travel again.
Have you had similar experiences while travelling, members? Share with us your stories in the comments! We’d love to hear them!

Sponsored
Carry on luggage limits is out of control on most flights i have been on. Hand luggage needs to get back to one certain sized bag with a weight limit mandatory for all passengers. I remember one passenger who's backpack took up the whole locker, when the stewardess tried to remove it, she could not hold it and it crashed to the floor. It was estimated that it weighed in excess of 20 kilo's. I also don't understand the rush to get on board, you have a boarding pass with a seat number on it, so it don't matter if you are last on or first.

I think the reason people rush to get on the plane is so that they have a better chance at being able to put their bag in the overhead locker before somebody else comes along with a backpack that takes up the entire locker. In my experience, last on means nowhere to stow your carry-on luggage.

We here at the SDC love nothing more than a good old-fashioned holiday. But in recent years, air travel has become less and less enjoyable (and possible) – mainly because of the other passengers we have to share a plane with.

But one woman has had enough; she's taken to social media to call out some of the worst offenders when it comes to bad behaviour on planes.

Christina Najjar – who goes by Tinx on social media – shared a TikTok video of the five types of people she can’t stand while travelling.

She also called out the ‘worst types’ of airline passengers, ranging from the ‘unprepared’ to the ‘gate crowders’.

‘Here are the things that make you truly an awful traveller,’ she said in the clip.

View attachment 9338
Air travel gets stressful because of rowdy passengers. Credit: Marina Hinic in Pexels

‘You do any of these things, you should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror before you travel again,’ she added.

‘Let’s begin with the people who are unprepared at the front of the security line. It’s a security line, you know what’s coming,’ she explained.

‘Yet there are still people fumbling around with their laptops like a child who forgot their homework. “Do I have to take off my jacket?” Yes, spoiler alert. Yes, you always have to take off your jacket.’

Next, the woman slammed the ‘gate crowders’, or those who rush to the departure gate for their flight before any announcement is even made.

‘They haven’t even put up our flights on the little digital board and you are crowding around the gate like it’s the stampede from The Lion King,’ she joked.

Tinx continued: ‘Grinding your foot into the ground like you’re about to run with the bulls. Aside from the fact that you’re in group five, I got to tell you, buddy, we’re all going to the same place, we’re all getting on the same plane.’

Next, there are the ‘overstuffers’, or what she calls passengers who ‘overstuff their overhead bins’.

‘It always baffles me with the bins because it’s very simple, just don’t be an a**hole,’ she said.

‘Put your overstuffed suitcase away and your ugly little personal item in the seat in front of you.’

View attachment 9337

Additionally, Tinx said she couldn’t stand travellers carrying ‘hideously large’ backpacks.

‘You insist on wearing it, and you try your utmost not to hit every grandma and child in the aisle seats while you walk to your chair,’ she explained.

Then, the woman said she doesn’t like ‘chatty passengers’. She explained that she already deals with ‘enough anxiety’ so she doesn’t feel like speaking to anyone.

‘This one is going to be controversial, but I don’t like it when strangers talk to me on planes. I really don’t care about your business trip. No thank you I would not like to see pictures of your grandchildren…Call me a Grinch, I don’t really care,’ she admitted.

Finally, Tinx said she takes issue with travellers who take off their shoes the moment they are seated on board a plane.

‘Controversial one, but I don’t think open-toe shoes should be allowed on planes,’ said the woman.

‘If you think about taking off your shoes and socks on an aeroplane, you deserve jail. I don’t want to see them, I don’t want to smell them,’ explained Tinx.

Many people have an issue with this too, as evidenced by our previous articles here, here, and here.

Key Takeaways

• Christina Najjar, otherwise known as Tinx on social media, shared an amusing TikTok video of the five types of people she can’t stand while flying.
  • Among them were those who were unprepared at security, gate crowders, and those who overstuff the overhead bins.
  • Tinx says that if you do any of these things, you should take a long hard look at yourself in the mirror before you travel again.
Have you had similar experiences while travelling, members? Share with us your stories in the comments! We’d love to hear them!
I thought there was a 7 Kg weight limit on carry on baggage!!

View attachment 9338

View attachment 9337

Key Takeaways

I also don't like those passengers on planes that think it's OK to spill into my seat. I don't want their arms, legs or body pushed up against mine, stay in your own seat. Especially as I prefer a window seat and then find I'm cramped as they have lifted the arm rest and spread into my space. Not nice.

I am a pretty seasoned traveller, and I can take one piece of carry on plus my handbag. My son who travels for work gets annoyed because his laptop bag is classed as his carry on and his extra work bag has to go into checked luggage. He says this is a double standard, I said fly business class.

Reactions: Ricci and DebbieC62

View attachment 9338

View attachment 9337

Key Takeaways

I think you have missed on the worse airline passenger who insists on having reclined backwards as far as it will go when the air hostesses are serving drinks and/or meals. This his particularly so when travelling in economy class where the leg room is minimal.

I think the reason people rush to get on the plane is so that they have a better chance at being able to put their bag in the overhead locker before somebody else comes along with a backpack that takes up the entire locker. In my experience, last on means nowhere to stow your carry-on luggage.
If you find that the locker above your seat is stuffed with another passengers over sized hand luggage all you need to do is inform the staff who will firstly ascertain who owns the excess hand luggage then ask them to stow their luggage under the seat in front of them or, if the luggage owner is not identified she will arrange to have the luggage placed in the cargo hold and, even worse, if thought to be over weight have it weighed and held by the airline until the excess luggage bill is settled.

Reactions: debjoel21 and terri
I think you have missed on the worse airline passenger who insists on having reclined backwards as far as it will go when the air hostesses are serving drinks and/or meals. This his particularly so when travelling in economy class where the leg room is minimal.
And they do it on half hour flights

View attachment 9338

View attachment 9337

Key Takeaways

People who somehow manage to bring more than their allocated 7 or 10 kilo allowance for the overhead lockers, then put their excess in the locker above your seat; people who keep moving their seat into a reclining position even during a 1-2 hr flight in the middle of the day - surely most people can stay awake for that short period (I know there will be some exceptions & reasons); pulling on your upright seat back or not controlling their kids who kick your seat constantly. I could go on with short haul irritating passengers, but … now this one really irritated me on a long haul flight to the UK once - a rabbi in front of my seat (in the exit row with all the leg room he needed!!) promptly & immediately after take off put his seat back right down just before a meal was served, & he went to sleep, the hostess did nothing about it. My meal was almost in my mouth before I’d even unwrapped & lifted my cutlery! I have sworn that I will never let that happen again by approaching the passenger to put their seat back upright & if necessary will get the aircraft attendant to approach the offender & insist that seat backs be upright during meals.

Last edited:
Reactions: debjoel21
There is, however, the number of people who try to get away with overweight bags is unbelievable
Absolutely annoying when most people try to do the right thing by weight & dimensions. We weigh the particulate carry on bag we’re taking (empty first) and then loaded to the allowed weight.