Travel smarter with this iPhone trick the internet can't stop talking about

Many of us love travelling and exploring new destinations. However, it's no secret that travel can be somewhat stressful, especially when keeping track of flight details and sharing them with our loved ones.

Have you ever found yourself frantically searching for your flight information to send to a family member as you rush to the airport? The good news is that there's now an ingenious iPhone trick that has stunned travellers—and it's much simpler than you would ever imagine!

Louise, a content creator who shares travel and food content, recently revealed her 'best flight tip ever' on a popular social media platform, and it has since garnered the attention of 1.4 million awestruck viewers. In her video, she mentioned, 'I use this small trick every time I fly.'

1686199490232.png
Travel and food content creator Louise recently shared her ‘best flight tip ever’ on social media. Image by bhaguz from unsplash

The trick is incredibly straightforward: all you need to do is paste your flight number into the Messages app of your iPhone, then send it to a friend or family member.

You and the recipient can then hold down on the message, and voilà! A small map of your flight path, along with two options marked 'copy' and 'preview flight', will appear.

Once you click on 'preview flight’, all your flight information—including terminal and gate numbers, if the flight is on time, departure time, arrival time, and flight duration—will be readily available.

'I find this so useful, especially if someone is picking me up, and they can use it,' Louise said in her video.

1686199490308.png
By sending your flight number in an SMS and holding down the message, you can instantly access your flight details. This includes information such as the terminal, gate, departure time, arrival time, and flight duration. Source: @loulouexplores/Tiktok

Viewers were left amazed by this helpful little trick, with one writing, 'Thank you so much – you are the best! I am going away, and this is helpful for my mum.' Another added, 'Wow, how have I never known this?'

A third viewer revealed how this trick benefited them, stating: 'My fiancé travels globally for work and is constantly flying. I do this all the time just to see where his plane is.'

Not surprisingly, some iPhone users expressed frustration that they had not discovered this clever hack sooner. 'I wish I knew that like a month ago,' lamented one user.

Catch the complete video here:

Android Users Rejoice​

Meanwhile, many Android phone users were naturally curious if a similar feature was available on their devices. The good news is that one traveller came to their rescue, explaining,

'You can do this if you paste it into your calendar as well.' To utilise this alternative method, paste your flight number into an event in your calendar.

Just hold down on the flight, and an option to 'TRACK' your flight will appear.

Key Takeaways
  • A content creator has shared a simple iPhone trick to easily access and share flight details with friends and loved ones.
  • By texting the flight number to someone, both the sender and receiver can access flight details, including terminal, gate, departure time, and arrival time, by holding down on the message.
  • The trick has left many viewers stunned and grateful for the tip, as it simplifies tracking flights and sharing information with others.
  • While some non-iPhone users felt left out, another traveller suggested pasting the flight number into a calendar event and using Google to track the flight as an alternative method.

Whether you're an iPhone or Android user, you no longer need to fret over misplacing your flight details when travelling. With these handy tricks, you can ensure all your essential flight information is quickly and easily accessible—and you can focus on enjoying that much-awaited adventure that awaits!

Members, how do you ensure easy access to your flight details while travelling? Share your tips and tricks for keeping your essential flight information readily available!

Sponsored