Travel light, dress right with Japan Airlines' new rental service

Do you ever wish you could travel without the hassle of packing a suitcase? The mere thought of it brings a sense of freedom to many travellers. Eliminating luggage not only saves time but also helps avoid those hefty baggage handling fees.

Luckily for those of us who are planning to travel abroad soon, there is an exciting new service offered by a major airline that could turn this dream into reality.

Japan Airlines, a renowned international airline that frequently operates in Australia, is pioneering an innovative new venture that has the potential to revolutionise travel.

In an effort to enhance the travel experience and promote sustainable practices, the airline has introduced the 'Any Wear, Anywhere' trial—a clothing rental service for travellers.

Screen Shot 2023-07-17 at 3.09.42 PM.png
Travellers can rent up to eight outfits in three sizes—small, medium and large—in smart, smart casual or mixed styles. Credit: Instagram/any_wear_anywhere.

The initiative is currently being trialled for travellers heading to Japan, a prime destination known for its rich cultural experiences, delicious cuisine, and natural beauty (and a top pick for many Aussies!).

Supported by the multinational conglomerate Sumitomo Corporation, this rental service offers a solution to avoid the hassle of carrying large suitcases. With prices starting as low as $41, travellers can rent up to eight outfits for a two-week period.

Aside from the obvious practical advantages, this service also provides travellers with an opportunity to experiment with different styles or delve into the local fashion scene, all without the need to purchase an entirely new wardrobe.

So, how does it work? Japan Airlines has a dedicated team that thoughtfully selects a range of clothing options in three sizes—small, medium, and large—covering a spectrum from formal to smart casual and even eclectic styles, ensuring they can accommodate any preference.

And here's the best part: Your personally selected outfits will be conveniently delivered directly to your chosen hotel in Japan, awaiting your arrival! How good is that, eh?

Japan Airlines expressed high hopes for the project, citing it as a progressive step towards sustainability and enhancing the traveller's experience.

'Travellers increasingly desire to make more sustainable choices regarding their travel destinations, accommodations, transportation etc., they still lack sufficient options,' the airline said.

'The concept of the Service is, therefore, to provide a travel experience with minimal luggage by offering clothing rentals at the destination, thereby creating environmental value.'

This initiative aims to make travel more eco-friendly and improve the overall travel experience by reducing the amount of luggage people carry. It goes beyond just choosing locally sourced meals and embraces sustainable practices.

However, there is one small caveat: you need to make reservations at least one month in advance, so it may not be suitable for last-minute travellers. The initiative is currently being tested from July 5, 2023, to August 31, 2024.

Key Takeaways

• Japan Airlines and Sumitomo Corporation have launched a new luggage-less travel service called 'Any Wear, Anywhere'.
  • This service allows travellers to Japan to rent up to eight outfits for their trip, with sizes ranging from small to large in smart, smart casual or mixed styles.
  • The service aims to promote sustainability and improve the traveller experience; the clothes rented will be delivered to the designated hotel of the traveller.
  • The clothes are rented via an online shop, but bookings need to be made at least a month ahead of time, and the trial period will run from July 5, 2023, to August 31, 2024.

Getting your hands on fabulous Japanese fashion without the hassle of lugging around heavy suitcases? Sounds like a double win to us! So, members, are you ready to ride the wave of this exciting new travel trend and bid farewell to your burdensome bags?

Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Sponsored
Fashion is a very individual thing. I wouldn’t be confident someone else choosing for me, especially if I had no other clothes to fall back on. But it might be something I did as an add on, taking some additional outfits with me as well. Might be fun to have some local fashion in the wardrobe when you arrive.

Reactions: Jersey Girl
Not for me. I go into a shop, see something I like, try it on, look like an elephant in a tutu, keep wearing my things that I’ve been wearing for the past 15 years. At least I know they fit and are comfortable.

Rented clothes would be no good for me, all it would take is someone to jokingly mention crabs, and I'll be vigourously srcatching my crotch for the next fortnight.
I didnt even rent any and I was thinking of that lol
I am 6 feet tall; my children and grandchildren are ALL taller than me - the tallest is 6 feet 5 inches. There is no way that Japan Airlines would have clothes to fit our sizes.
yes and I'm short a round so I dont think they have cloths that would fit me either I would hate to get to my restoration and find they didn't have anything that fitted

Reactions: 52KID and June E
Rented clothes would be no good for me, all it would take is someone to jokingly mention crabs, and I'll be vigourously srcatching my crotch for the next fortnight.
Not in japan, cleanest country out! Never!

I didnt even rent any and I was thinking of that lol

yes and I'm short a round so I dont think they have cloths that would fit me either I would hate to get to my restoration and find they didn't have anything that fitted
Especially since their large is our medium or small! No way would they fit me 😂
shopping in Japan for clothes has never happened and I’ve been a few times.
very hard for my son who is 6.6 foot!

Reactions: 52KID
I’d do it…As long as the clothes allowed for people outside the Asian norm sizes, I think it would be fun to be dressed in Japanese fashion. The Japanese society practice cleanliness and hygiene, also they are very polite people so they wouldn’t laugh or comment about someone’s appearance, and it’s not as if you’re likely to bump into someone you know anyway…..

Do you ever wish you could travel without the hassle of packing a suitcase? The mere thought of it brings a sense of freedom to many travellers. Eliminating luggage not only saves time but also helps avoid those hefty baggage handling fees.

Luckily for those of us who are planning to travel abroad soon, there is an exciting new service offered by a major airline that could turn this dream into reality.

Japan Airlines, a renowned international airline that frequently operates in Australia, is pioneering an innovative new venture that has the potential to revolutionise travel.

In an effort to enhance the travel experience and promote sustainable practices, the airline has introduced the 'Any Wear, Anywhere' trial—a clothing rental service for travellers.

View attachment 25313
Travellers can rent up to eight outfits in three sizes—small, medium and large—in smart, smart casual or mixed styles. Credit: Instagram/any_wear_anywhere.

The initiative is currently being trialled for travellers heading to Japan, a prime destination known for its rich cultural experiences, delicious cuisine, and natural beauty (and a top pick for many Aussies!).

Supported by the multinational conglomerate Sumitomo Corporation, this rental service offers a solution to avoid the hassle of carrying large suitcases. With prices starting as low as $41, travellers can rent up to eight outfits for a two-week period.

Aside from the obvious practical advantages, this service also provides travellers with an opportunity to experiment with different styles or delve into the local fashion scene, all without the need to purchase an entirely new wardrobe.

So, how does it work? Japan Airlines has a dedicated team that thoughtfully selects a range of clothing options in three sizes—small, medium, and large—covering a spectrum from formal to smart casual and even eclectic styles, ensuring they can accommodate any preference.

And here's the best part: Your personally selected outfits will be conveniently delivered directly to your chosen hotel in Japan, awaiting your arrival! How good is that, eh?

Japan Airlines expressed high hopes for the project, citing it as a progressive step towards sustainability and enhancing the traveller's experience.

'Travellers increasingly desire to make more sustainable choices regarding their travel destinations, accommodations, transportation etc., they still lack sufficient options,' the airline said.

'The concept of the Service is, therefore, to provide a travel experience with minimal luggage by offering clothing rentals at the destination, thereby creating environmental value.'

This initiative aims to make travel more eco-friendly and improve the overall travel experience by reducing the amount of luggage people carry. It goes beyond just choosing locally sourced meals and embraces sustainable practices.

However, there is one small caveat: you need to make reservations at least one month in advance, so it may not be suitable for last-minute travellers. The initiative is currently being tested from July 5, 2023, to August 31, 2024.

Key Takeaways

• Japan Airlines and Sumitomo Corporation have launched a new luggage-less travel service called 'Any Wear, Anywhere'.
  • This service allows travellers to Japan to rent up to eight outfits for their trip, with sizes ranging from small to large in smart, smart casual or mixed styles.
  • The service aims to promote sustainability and improve the traveller experience; the clothes rented will be delivered to the designated hotel of the traveller.
  • The clothes are rented via an online shop, but bookings need to be made at least a month ahead of time, and the trial period will run from July 5, 2023, to August 31, 2024.

Getting your hands on fabulous Japanese fashion without the hassle of lugging around heavy suitcases? Sounds like a double win to us! So, members, are you ready to ride the wave of this exciting new travel trend and bid farewell to your burdensome bags?

Let us know what you think in the comments below!
If it’s only S M L that leaves me out. I am larger than large. What a pity. But for those who can wear them what a great idea. 🌹

Sounds like a good idea. I would expect the supplier would need to be aware of measurements for each person before making a proper selection.

Guess you would need to travel with Japanese Airlines to hire these from $41.

If the clothing needed adjustments though, would they guarantee to do this too?