Transform your taco nights with this $29 Kmart buy: ‘Take my money!'

Many Aussies love having tacos on their dinner tables every now and then, blending Mexican flair with the laid-back Aussie lifestyle.

After all, who doesn't love a good taco night? It's a fun, interactive meal that brings everyone together. But let's face it, the logistics can be a bit messy.

Enter the latest Kmart trick that's taking the internet by storm.

A shopper shared her ingenious use of Kmart's Bamboo Chopping Board with Drawers ($29), transforming it into a convenient and stylish taco station.

The post, which was shared on a popular Facebook page, piqued the interest of Kmart fans and foodies alike.

The Bamboo Chopping Board with Drawers is a kitchen item designed to streamline your food prep process.

Photo_20240227_080524_0000.png
People bought this Kmart Bamboo Chopping Board with Drawers ($29), and some used them as ‘Taco Station’. Credits: Tiktok / Marriam Garrad

It features a sturdy chopping board with four plastic compartments tucked underneath, intended to store your freshly chopped fruits and vegetables.

But this clever shopper saw beyond its original purpose.

'Not sure who needs to see this, but the $29 bamboo chopping board with drawers makes an excellent taco station!' she wrote, sharing a photo of her creation.

The image showed a taco shell perched atop the chopping board, with compartments filled with delicious taco fillings like mince, lettuce, fresh salsa, and carrots.

'For those concerned about the other taco toppings, we also had cheese, [guacamole], sour cream and taco sauce on the other board, I ran out of space. I use mine all the time for normal cooking as well, and [it] makes it so organised,' she explained.

The tip was met with enthusiasm and admiration from fellow Kmart fans. Many were thrilled by the idea of enjoying tacos in bed, as suggested by the shopper's post.

'Ha ha prep what you need and take to bed! I love this!' one user commented.

'Tacos in bed. As a mum with a small child, this to me is what dreams are made of—uninterrupted tacos in bed,' another said.

The idea was hailed as a game-changer for taco nights, picnics, and even for those who simply enjoy a meal in the comfort of their bed.

'Shut up and take my money! This is awesome, thank you,' one user wrote.

Another exclaimed, 'I need this in my life!'

‘Yes, yes, and more yes!!!!’ one added.

‘Awesome idea for a picnic-style dinner,’ said another commenter.

However, some users offered a word of caution about the Bamboo Chopping Board with Drawers.

'Just make sure you wash properly, wash and air dry completely before putting away as it goes mouldy underneath the board,' one user advised.

With its flexibility and variability of use, the Bamboo Chopping Board with Drawers have been popular among customers.

In fact, another Kmart shopper utilised this item by transforming it into a well-organised coffee station. You can read more details here.

Another shopper recently shared how she transformed Kmart sponge holders into a haircare organiser in this story.

However, this item is reportedly out of stock online, so it's advisable to check your nearby stores if you're considering purchasing it.

But worry not, as it may come back to your nearest Kmart store anytime!

Amazon offers a similar product, albeit more expensive than its Kmart counterpart.

Key Takeaways
  • A Kmart shopper has shared her innovative use of a $29 Bamboo Chopping Board with Drawers as a 'Taco Station'.
  • The kitchen item, which features a chopping board with storage compartments, was repurposed for taco ingredient organisation.
  • The taco station hack was celebrated on social media, with many expressing a desire to replicate it for convenience, including the option to enjoy tacos in bed.
  • While enthusiastic responses poured in, some users also cautioned about proper cleaning and drying of the item to prevent mould.

What do you think of this innovative 'Taco Station'? Have you tried any other Kmart tips and tricks that you'd like to share? Let us know in the comments below.

• Haha
Reactions: NotNats
Sponsored
unfortunately I have not found this item instore or online. I am wondering if this is only in America this item? I want one.

Why oh Why are these so called influencer's always saying "it's a must have" or "its flying of the shelves". And most of them talk and act as if they have invented the thing themselves. To be honest most of the stuff is just junk and crap that only last a couple of months before it's either damaged/broken or starts to smell. To be honest most is just a waste of money.