Transform your kitchen and other parts of your home with this 'genius' $9 Kmart find

Kmart has long been a treasure trove for savvy shoppers seeking budget-friendly solutions to everyday problems.

One such shopper, a self-proclaimed 'serial organiser', has recently shared her ingenious strategy for creating a stylish and functional coffee station in her kitchen using a popular item from Kmart.

Originally designed to organise skincare or makeup products, this clear acrylic shelf has been repurposed in a way that has left coffee lovers and home organisers alike.

The Clear Skincare Shelf, which can be easily attached to a wall with adhesive tape, has been transformed into a chic and practical storage solution for coffee essentials.

SDC 4.png
A Kmart shopper shared how she used the Clear Skincare Shelf in her kitchen. Image source: Facebook.

'My $9 Kmart fix, why didn't I think of this before!' the clever organiser shared on social media.

'Originally purchased for my shower but I thought the shampoo bottles, etc, wouldn’t hold.'

'This is a far better use.'

The post quickly garnered attention, with fellow Kmart enthusiasts praising the innovative idea.

The shelf's functionality and aesthetic appeal were lauded, with many noting how it could help maximise limited kitchen space.

'Thank you for posting this... I have limited bench space, and this is the answer,' one commented on her post.

'This is exactly what I have been searching for,' another replied.

The Clear Skincare Shelf has already earned a reputation for its versatility and affordability, boasting a rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars on the Kmart website.

Some customers have even hailed it as their 'best purchase of 2023'.

'I can't believe how great this cheap shelf is,' one buyer said.

While another buyer added: 'I will definitely purchase another.'

Inspired by the original post, other Kmart shoppers began sharing their unique uses for the shelf.

From holding Starbucks cups in the kitchen to serving as an outdoor speaker holder, the shoppers made it seem like possibilities are endless for the budget buy.

SDC 5.png
Other Kmart shoppers shared how they used the product. Image source: Facebook.

'We've used ours outside on the window to hold our speaker because the kids keep trying to take it in the water with them,' one customer shared.

Despite the doubts caused by the shelf's tool-free installation, it has proven to be surprisingly sturdy.

Many users reported that their shelves had been up 'for months' without any issues.

The original poster confirmed this, stating, 'The adhesive bits are very sticky, so I doubt it will be coming off for a while, if at all.'

She also shared a handy tip: let the adhesive set with nothing on the shelf for 24 hours to ensure maximum hold.
Key Takeaways
  • An Australian Kmart shopper found a creative use for a $9 Clear Skincare Shelf, repurposing it for kitchen coffee station storage.
  • The shopper shared her storage tip on a Kmart Facebook page, where it received praise for its functionality and aesthetic.
  • The Clear Skincare Shelf, designed for the bathroom, received positive feedback for its versatility and has a high rating on the Kmart website.
  • Despite initial doubts about the adhesive's longevity, users report that the shelves remain secure for months with proper installation.
Have you discovered any other ingenious Kmart items? Share your finds in the comments below!

Reactions: Littleboy8 and BJM
Sponsored