Tracy Grimshaw 'snubs' Allison Langdon in her ACA farewell – was it intentional?

In what many are calling an 'awkward' moment, A Current Affair host Tracy Grimshaw appears to have snubbed Today presenter Allison Langdon following her final show on Thursday night.

Tracy announced earlier this year she would be stepping down from her hosting duties after 17 years, saying she was 'too tired'. And while we're sad to see her go, we do understand – 17 years is a long time!

Following her final show on Thursday, Tracy was applauded by Channel 9 employees and presenters as she walked through the studio after signing off. She high-fived some as she walked through the guard of honour and stopped to hug news presenter Peter Overton.

However, when Allison leaned in to hug Tracy... well... take a look for yourself in the clip below:

There have been lots of rumours going around, including one that alleges Allison will be the new host of the show.

Kyle Sandilands, a well-known shock jock, added fuel to the fire when he brought up the issue on his KIIS FM show with Tracy as a guest.

The host was quick to remain coy when Kyle asked her to give a vague hint of who would take up her seat, and he claimed that a personal conversation with Karl confirmed that Allison would be taking over the job.

Allison and Karl joked about the moment on Today the following day, proving that everything that happened was 'not what it seemed to be'. Karl addressed the viewers and revealed that Tracy had released a statement regarding the supposed snub.

'Ally, I just watched the guard of honour from last night, and I saw you went in to give me a hug, and I hugged bloody Karl,' the journalist said in her statement.

'I'm sorry I missed you. It was so overwhelming and I obviously didn't see your petite head once his big boofhead loomed into vision. Big sorry [with a kiss].'

Let's hope there are no hard feelings between these two strong ladies!

Screen Shot 2022-11-25 at 10.24.12 AM.png
Ally Langdon seems to have received a cold shoulder from outgoing ACA host Tracy Grimshaw. Credit: Twitter/TheTodayShow.

To add some extra disbelief, Today played the clip from another angle, receiving mixed reactions from viewers, with many sharing their opinions on social media.

Someone commented on a video, 'I'm actually secondhand embarrassed for that lady,' and another said they 'need to know the drama' that led up to the 'awkward' moment.

'Not only rejected but acknowledged the rejection like, 'Hard pass. That's a no from me',' another person went on to say. A third asked: 'I wonder what the story is here? Why did she refuse her hug?'

Others, on the other hand, came to Tracy's defence and suggested that the footage may not have provided the whole context of the scenario.

'Maybe she has her reasons which she doesn't need to share, could have been an inside joke too,' one said, with another arguing: 'It looks like she rejected a hug, but I don't think it's what it looks like. Tracy was smiling at Allison, and Allison continued to clap.'
Key Takeaways

• Following her final show on Thursday, Tracy Grimshaw was applauded by Channel 9 employees and presenters as she walked through the studio.
  • However, when Today host Allison Langdon leaned in to hug Tracy, she appeared to take a step back and shake her head before moving on to embrace her co-host Karl Stefanovic.
  • Viewers seemed to have noticed the awkward moment between Tracy and Allison, with many flocking to social media to comment.
Tracy, in her farewell message, expressed gratitude to everyone who had supported her throughout the years and gushed over the fantastic team she had worked with, saying that 17 years had flown by in a blink of an eye.

She also expressed her appreciation and gratitude to the audience who had faithfully followed and supported her shows throughout her career.

'Thank you for watching them. You have let me indulge my own love of a chat, and if you hadn't watched, I wouldn't have been able to do that,' she said. 'Without you, there would be no us.'

At the end of the segment, Tracy informed viewers that her successor would be introduced very soon and urged them to make the new person feel at home.

So, what are your thoughts on this story, members? Do you believe Tracy may have really ignored Ally during her farewell event? Or do you agree that it was all a big misunderstanding? Let us know in the comments!

Credit: A Current Affair.

Sponsored
Looks like a definite snub to me.

Perhaps Tracey thought it was Scott Morrison, instead of Ally Langdon, reacing for a hug.

Reactions: Zoya
In what many are calling an 'awkward' moment, A Current Affair host Tracy Grimshaw appears to have snubbed Today presenter Allison Langdon following her final show on Thursday night.

Tracy announced earlier this year she would be stepping down from her hosting duties after 17 years, saying she was 'too tired'. And while we're sad to see her go, we do understand – 17 years is a long time!

Following her final show on Thursday, Tracy was applauded by Channel 9 employees and presenters as she walked through the studio after signing off. She high-fived some as she walked through the guard of honour and stopped to hug news presenter Peter Overton.

However, when Allison leaned in to hug Tracy... well... take a look for yourself in the clip below:

There have been lots of rumours going around, including one that alleges Allison will be the new host of the show.

Kyle Sandilands, a well-known shock jock, added fuel to the fire when he brought up the issue on his KIIS FM show with Tracy as a guest.

The host was quick to remain coy when Kyle asked her to give a vague hint of who would take up her seat, and he claimed that a personal conversation with Karl confirmed that Allison would be taking over the job.

Allison and Karl joked about the moment on Today the following day, proving that everything that happened was 'not what it seemed to be'. Karl addressed the viewers and revealed that Tracy had released a statement regarding the supposed snub.

'Ally, I just watched the guard of honour from last night, and I saw you went in to give me a hug, and I hugged bloody Karl,' the journalist said in her statement.

'I'm sorry I missed you. It was so overwhelming and I obviously didn't see your petite head once his big boofhead loomed into vision. Big sorry [with a kiss].'

Let's hope there are no hard feelings between these two strong ladies!

View attachment 9481
Ally Langdon seems to have received a cold shoulder from outgoing ACA host Tracy Grimshaw. Credit: Twitter/TheTodayShow.

To add some extra disbelief, Today played the clip from another angle, receiving mixed reactions from viewers, with many sharing their opinions on social media.

Someone commented on a video, 'I'm actually secondhand embarrassed for that lady,' and another said they 'need to know the drama' that led up to the 'awkward' moment.

'Not only rejected but acknowledged the rejection like, 'Hard pass. That's a no from me',' another person went on to say. A third asked: 'I wonder what the story is here? Why did she refuse her hug?'

Others, on the other hand, came to Tracy's defence and suggested that the footage may not have provided the whole context of the scenario.

'Maybe she has her reasons which she doesn't need to share, could have been an inside joke too,' one said, with another arguing: 'It looks like she rejected a hug, but I don't think it's what it looks like. Tracy was smiling at Allison, and Allison continued to clap.'
Key Takeaways

• Following her final show on Thursday, Tracy Grimshaw was applauded by Channel 9 employees and presenters as she walked through the studio.
  • However, when Today host Allison Langdon leaned in to hug Tracy, she appeared to take a step back and shake her head before moving on to embrace her co-host Karl Stefanovic.
  • Viewers seemed to have noticed the awkward moment between Tracy and Allison, with many flocking to social media to comment.
Tracy, in her farewell message, expressed gratitude to everyone who had supported her throughout the years and gushed over the fantastic team she had worked with, saying that 17 years had flown by in a blink of an eye.

She also expressed her appreciation and gratitude to the audience who had faithfully followed and supported her shows throughout her career.

'Thank you for watching them. You have let me indulge my own love of a chat, and if you hadn't watched, I wouldn't have been able to do that,' she said. 'Without you, there would be no us.'

At the end of the segment, Tracy informed viewers that her successor would be introduced very soon and urged them to make the new person feel at home.

So, what are your thoughts on this story, members? Do you believe Tracy may have really ignored Ally during her farewell event? Or do you agree that it was all a big misunderstanding? Let us know in the comments!

Credit: A Current Affair.

Poor Ally! It was definitely an awkward moment from all angles. However I don’t really think that it was intentional. From one perspective, Tracy has met with and interviewed people from all walks of life, from those we look up to to those we look down on. She would know that Ally posed no threat or held any ill feeling, either before or after this incident. Ally calls Tracy ‘her hero’. It was just all very unfortunate and the night will always be remembered for the wrong reasons.

Reactions: Zoya and Vicki.E.
I taught for 26 years before being forced to retire from ill health so 17 doesn't seem many. As for the lack of a hug who cares really! I'll be interested to see who gets dumped with the job of partnering painful Karl.