Tough Woolies security guard nicknamed ‘Kevinator’ curses at shoplifters and forces them to go back inside and pay up

With this security guard’s eagle eye, no shoplifter is safe. A Woolworths security guard is taking the fight against petty crime into his own hands by adopting an aggressive approach to stop thefts when he catches them red-handed.

Father of seven and trained security guard, Kevin Martin (also known as ‘Kevinator’) isn’t afraid of confronting law-breaking citizens nor does he hesitate to use strong language while he’s at it.

Holding a walkie talkie with one hand and an iron fist with the other, Mr Martin’s controversial method includes naming, shaming, and documenting every thief that he catches when patrolling the local shops.

KDFiwMIiF2JWLMUPoj3HCZDQ_UiQKyVMdn7M7d6wxvviZAmLySvZP6B5unx05d3xfVkUSpoDkmgWqUtmhuMk5_7HJ1qpuPECa53HQY2hnstotswkbhzrsf1Kd_VDkDCln9Oc780Ldz3EhQGlLw

Look out, thieves! Image Credit: Daily Mail

“I suppose you could say it's a bit more old-school security,” he admitted. “The dumb ones come back and the smart shoplifters don't come back,”

From break-ins to vandals and teen bag-snatchers, the tough security guard can be evidently seen swearing at offenders upon seizure.

'What is this s*** is going on here… What is this sorry bulls***? You do it all the time!' Kevinator hissed at one woman outside a shop.

He then proceeds by instructing the woman to go back inside and pay for all the items she has in her possession.

“F*** me, take them out!” he shouted, stopping another young shoplifter.

“A lot of people are quite shocked that they get caught and that I'm a little bit more forceful,” Mr Martin added.

Although his tactics are undeniably effective, local police have shown their disapproval of Mr Martin's actions.

Meanwhile, businesses nearby have an opposing take on the technique and are actually thankful for his efforts, saying that he has made a drastic change in discouraging would-be criminals – especially young ones who are regularly shoplifting.

Mr Martin shared that he will carry on with his tough method until there is more action from the Government. He insisted that Queensland's Youth Justice Act “needed to be abolished and completely and redone”.

-v2wZSmJvROoplSCBEYHgv7nV6GBa8dfmJnFH0NURRWhYRDSoIq4kjELkccUJl0x7i2MjBCqEqLOI4K62SASifDxuwD9SDTomjNp1L8ucWM0dR37HmOIg8FWhyFK16ul4kAyr3RloGvVb6neuw

Mr Martin stopped a drunk driver from fleeing after the crash. Image Credit: Daily News

Stopping criminal behaviour the old-school way definitely isn’t new to Mr Martin.

Back in 2014, he took it upon himself to chase down suspected robbers, capture shoplifters, and even yank car keys away from drunk drivers.

He was able to catch a lineup of suspects including thieves and a suspected drunk driver who recklessly ran a red light and crashed into a pregnant woman's vehicle.

In a clip of the accident, the alleged drunk driver can be seen swearing at Mr Martin with slurred speech before he snatched her keys from the ignition after the accident.

The woman then began throwing things at an unseen person standing by the passenger door.

“She is clearly freaking out, she's all over the shop and just punches the ambulance officer,” Mr Martin said.

“I just immediately threw her out of the car and pinned her to the ground so the ambulance officers (could do their job).”

Do you approve of Mr Martin’s tough security methods? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

Learn more about ‘Kevinator’ by watching the video below:

Video Credit: 9 News Queensland (Facebook)

Sponsored
Can we please clone this man. I have been saying for years that we need to go back to a time when people were afraid of getting caught. It actually created a respect that has long gone now. The wrong doers know that they will not get into any trouble so they have no fear or respect for anyone in authority. We had security in a major department store where I once worked. He was just for show. All he could do was ask the culprit to hand back the goods. He legally could not touch them or their bags. Only the police could do this and they all knew it so they would just drop the item {sometimes} and walk out of the store

Good on Kevinator for his old school tactics, in preventing shop lifters in their tracks. As for the police trying to discourage this. Boo Hoo. At least he is doing his job. I work at a local Op Shop and we have one shop lifter comes in at least once a week. Talking with a local copper one day, he said there response time isn’t a priority. This order comes from High Command in Melbourne, because no one is injured.

Ahh, at last, an ACTUAL deterrent.
The police only have "pussy" powers and are never readily accessible when needed to do actual "policing". They are more like babysitters these days rather than law enforcers. And it is all bought about by our lawmakers......read POLITICIANS...... who place more emphasis on the wrongdoers sense of "entitlement" rather than the protection of the affected victim.

Tough Woolies security guard nicknamed ‘Kevinator’ curses at shoplifters and forces them to go back inside and pay up

With this security guard’s eagle eye, no shoplifter is safe. A Woolworths security guard is taking the fight against petty crime into his own hands by adopting an aggressive approach to stop thefts when he catches them red-handed.

Father of seven and trained security guard, Kevin Martin (also known as ‘Kevinator’) isn’t afraid of confronting law-breaking citizens nor does he hesitate to use strong language while he’s at it.

Holding a walkie talkie with one hand and an iron fist with the other, Mr Martin’s controversial method includes naming, shaming, and documenting every thief that he catches when patrolling the local shops.

KDFiwMIiF2JWLMUPoj3HCZDQ_UiQKyVMdn7M7d6wxvviZAmLySvZP6B5unx05d3xfVkUSpoDkmgWqUtmhuMk5_7HJ1qpuPECa53HQY2hnstotswkbhzrsf1Kd_VDkDCln9Oc780Ldz3EhQGlLw

“I suppose you could say it's a bit more old-school security,” he admitted. “The dumb ones come back and the smart shoplifters don't come back,”

From break-ins to vandals and teen bag-snatchers, the tough security guard can be evidently seen swearing at offenders upon seizure.

'What is this s*** is going on here… What is this sorry bulls***? You do it all the time!' Kevinator hissed at one woman outside a shop.

He then proceeds by instructing the woman to go back inside and pay for all the items she has in her possession.

“A lot of people are quite shocked that they get caught and that I'm a little bit more forceful,” Mr Martin added.

Although his tactics are undeniably effective, local police have shown their disapproval of Mr Martin's actions.

Meanwhile, businesses nearby have an opposing take on the technique and are actually thankful for his efforts, saying that he has made a drastic change in discouraging would-be criminals – especially young ones who are regularly shoplifting.

Mr Martin shared that he will carry on with his tough method until there is more action from the Government. He insisted that Queensland's Youth Justice Act “needed to be abolished and completely and redone”.

-v2wZSmJvROoplSCBEYHgv7nV6GBa8dfmJnFH0NURRWhYRDSoIq4kjELkccUJl0x7i2MjBCqEqLOI4K62SASifDxuwD9SDTomjNp1L8ucWM0dR37HmOIg8FWhyFK16ul4kAyr3RloGvVb6neuw

Mr Martin stopped a drunk driver from fleeing after the crash. Image Credit: Daily News

Stopping criminal behaviour the old-school way definitely isn’t new to Mr Martin.

Back in 2014, he took it upon himself to chase down suspected robbers, capture shoplifters, and even yank car keys away from drunk drivers.

He was able to catch a lineup of suspects including thieves and a suspected drunk driver who recklessly ran a red light and crashed into a pregnant woman's vehicle.

In a clip of the accident, the alleged drunk driver can be seen swearing at Mr Martin with slurred speech before he snatched her keys from the ignition after the accident.

The woman then began throwing things at an unseen person standing by the passenger door.

“She is clearly freaking out, she's all over the shop and just punches the ambulance officer,” Mr Martin said.

“I just immediately threw her out of the car and pinned her to the ground so the ambulance officers (could do their job).”

Do you approve of Mr Martin’s tough security methods? Share your thoughts with us in the comments!

I see that number of shoplifters and careless people are increasing daily. and has to put an end for this ...

We need more "Kevinators" and "Judge Judys" on the beat. We are far too "nice" to offenders. There's no deterrent. Staff and police are handicapped as to how they handle these thieves and offenders. The courts are too lenient, so they re-offend as if it's their right to steal and they can believe, correctly, that they will always away with it. Enough!

Last edited:

Kevinator is a lot gentler than an older member of my family who says police should be followed by a firing squad. He says if they are sure the person committed the crime, the firing squad would save a lot of time and resources by getting rid of the offender! (Though I think he would exclude shop lifters. Car thieves however wouldn't stand a chance!)

• Haha
Reactions: Ricci