Philthy

Jun 3, 2023
Toilet paper

Guy goes into a supermarket to buy toilet paper, the assistant told him, they have three choices, sorbent, $5, Kleenex $6, or no name $3, not being well off, he opted for the no name . A week later he returns and approaches the assistant, and tells him he has a “new name “,for the no name paper that he bought, he said it should be named “ Clint Eastwood”, “why’s that ? “said the assistant, the guy replied “because it’s rough, tough, and takes shit from no one “.

When covidians robbed all of the toilet paper in town and not even tissues could be found. I went up to a local store manager, after having driven on a quest without success to all major supermarkets in Lismore on this day.

"Excuse me, I said, when is the next stock of toilet paper due?
he said, we have a BIG delivery coming tomorrow.

I said oh that's good, I've used up all the t-shirts I don't like, and now the normally friendly Neighbours cat, is so highly traumatized it won't come near me (A JOKE).

He laughed and so did the guy behind me who had two packets in his trolley and to his credit gave me one upon hearing stocks are due. It's not funny when there's no paper for the dunny is it?

I always used to buy Quilton until they did the dirty on customers.. They subtly changed the product and then changed the labelling to disguise it. It was always branded as three ply paper, but they reduced it quietly to a two ply paper and changed the label to "Three Ply Softness" no mention that it was now 2 ply! I call it deception at best, downright cheating or thievery at worst!

When covidians robbed all of the toilet paper in town and not even tissues could be found. I went up to a local store manager, after having driven on a quest without success to all major supermarkets in Lismore on this day.

"Excuse me, I said, when is the next stock of toilet paper due?
he said, we have a BIG delivery coming tomorrow.

I said oh that's good, I've used up all the t-shirts I don't like, and now the normally friendly Neighbours cat, is so highly traumatized it won't come near me (A JOKE).

He laughed and so did the guy behind me who had two packets in his trolley and to his credit gave me one upon hearing stocks are due. It's not funny when there's no paper for the dunny is it?
I was in America at the very start of COVID in 2020 and all the news coming out of Australia was people fighting over toilet paper. Friends and neighbours of the friends I was staying with kept asking me what was with the toilet paper shortage and why were people stockpiling, my answer, I didn't know, I was there for a special birthday and it had all started after I had left. Believe me that was when Australia became the butt of all jokes.

Downunder woes must've been a headline somewhere I'll bet.

People were stockpiling toilet rolls; it was nothing to see 4 packs of ten in a shopping trolley. and no regard for others.

They should put the bidet wash systems in public restrooms for when the Shit hits the fan next time.

Fun fact as a young 16 years old just out of school, I was working up the bush enclosing verandas on farms in remote W.A. On one particular job, I stuck all of the pipes together "as directed" put the sheet on, trimmed, painted the room and then discovered about two hours later, to my boss's annoyance that behind the sheet, I had connected the hot water system pipe to the water pipe for the toilet.
That was back in the late sixties, and so effectively speaking, it was I Johnny Pink that potentially installed Australia's first heated toilet system in Australia.
Yep, I should have received a pay upgrade and lodged a design application instead of just been angrily scolded and told to take the wall sheet off, fix the pipes, put it back and repaint the toilet.

Thats the trouble with so many employers. they do not recognize or appreciate innovative ideas anymore.

Toilet paper

Guy goes into a supermarket to buy toilet paper, the assistant told him, they have three choices, sorbent, $5, Kleenex $6, or no name $3, not being well off, he opted for the no name . A week later he returns and approaches the assistant, and tells him he has a “new name “,for the no name paper that he bought, he said it should be named “ Clint Eastwood”, “why’s that ? “said the assistant, the guy replied “because it’s rough, tough, and takes shit from no one “.
EXCELLENT.

Reactions: Jersey Girl
Toilet paper

1686194011284.png

I was in America at the very start of COVID in 2020 and all the news coming out of Australia was people fighting over toilet paper. Friends and neighbours of the friends I was staying with kept asking me what was with the toilet paper shortage and why were people stockpiling, my answer, I didn't know, I was there for a special birthday and it had all started after I had left. Believe me that was when Australia became the butt of all jokes.
Here in Melbourne the only people I saw stockpiling toilet paper were people of asian, african & indian appearance... very few Aussies... just saying mind you!

Here in Melbourne the only people I saw stockpiling toilet paper were people of asian, african & indian appearance... very few Aussies... just saying mind you!

1686207869156.png

Attachments

• 1686207752931.png
    1686207752931.png
    222.3 KB · Views: 0
I always used to buy Quilton until they did the dirty on customers.. They subtly changed the product and then changed the labelling to disguise it. It was always branded as three ply paper, but they reduced it quietly to a two ply paper and changed the label to "Three Ply Softness" no mention that it was now 2 ply! I call it deception at best, downright cheating or thievery at worst!
I thought it was thinner lately, but didn't realise why. Just looked at the label, very sneaky.

For some reason Asians always buy lots of toilet paper. Don't know why but they have been doing it for years that I've noticed.
They might have experienced supply problems in their country of origin. 😗

Are they eating it or sending these abroad like the infant formula?
Years back I sent a letter of complaint off to the N.S.W Premier after reading that our old growth forests weren't being logged for Lumber, but they were being PULPED for toilet paper at 19cents a tonne and sent overseas to Japan. After I read about it this riled me up.

None of the letters I have ever sent that identified an issue and complained about it have ever received a reply.
I thought Asian countries mustn't have forests; however, they have massive forests, but their heritage protection is enshrined in law, and they greatly revere them.

It's like CSG its illegal to bore through the freshwater table with iron pipes in the countries that import gas from us because they are worried about groundwater contamination (it's a fact). Maybe as toilet paper is used for down under, the thought is Downunder must have much softer paper?
It sort of makes sense.

Reactions: Ezzy