TikTok user mind blown after discovering HIDDEN feature that holds fuel cap while filling petrol

A little-known feature of the humble fuel cap has hundreds of drivers shocked and embarrassed for not knowing it sooner.

“38 years on this earth, and I just learned this,” TikTok user Justin wrote on the video, which now has over one million views.

To show the trick, he filmed himself unscrewing the fuel cap of his car. And then, instead of putting it down, he inserted it into a slot on the fuel cap door.

O8Aq7LpVgtGm2KGrSBxwgtIVnkTOUdFO-3yYHZf0Qgmqwusp85iRjn5OctvfK6XVJfHm5sdSsBhjOC-dxxkevR3ONEGMuRzy3gTZ72EJ6Z6xACevQhkIXB5CuOy0u5Jf0znSIDvx

Photos from TikTok / @milltj01.

Several car users who never knew about the ‘hack’ expressed their surprise in the comments section, with one person saying: “I learned this two years ago at 36 so don’t feel bad.”

An older guy also added, “51 years on this earth and I just learnt this.”

One mum even wrote: “I will go to bed tonight a little smarter!”

Another user shared how they also only recently discovered the ‘trick’, saying: “I’ve been driving one week, and I found this out at my first time refuelling my car!”

Other users also pointed out how not all vehicles have this feature. They said the trick still works with some new cars but is mostly fitted for older cars.

Do you know of any other car tricks and ‘hidden’ features you think everybody should know about? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Well, well,well.....nearing 80 yrs and never knew this. Will try it when I go out to my car.....what a great idea so cap is not lost.

Reactions: Ricci
Well, well,well.....nearing 80 yrs and never knew this. Will try it when I go out to my car.....what a great idea so cap is not lost.
Guess we're never to old to learn something, 49 years driving and I never knew this either.

When your petrol/diesel is nearly out and a bowser appears on your screen, there's a little arrow on that picture that will remind you which side of the car the petrol tank is.

TikTok user mind blown after discovering HIDDEN feature that holds fuel cap while filling petrol

A little-known feature of the humble fuel cap has hundreds of drivers shocked and embarrassed for not knowing it sooner.

“38 years on this earth, and I just learned this,” TikTok user Justin wrote on the video, which now has over one million views.

To show the trick, he filmed himself unscrewing the fuel cap of his car. And then, instead of putting it down, he inserted it into a slot on the fuel cap door.

O8Aq7LpVgtGm2KGrSBxwgtIVnkTOUdFO-3yYHZf0Qgmqwusp85iRjn5OctvfK6XVJfHm5sdSsBhjOC-dxxkevR3ONEGMuRzy3gTZ72EJ6Z6xACevQhkIXB5CuOy0u5Jf0znSIDvx

Photos from TikTok / @milltj01.

Several car users who never knew about the ‘hack’ expressed their surprise in the comments section, with one person saying: “I learned this two years ago at 36 so don’t feel bad.”

An older guy also added, “51 years on this earth and I just learnt this.”

One mum even wrote: “I will go to bed tonight a little smarter!”

Another user shared how they also only recently discovered the ‘trick’, saying: “I’ve been driving one week, and I found this out at my first time refuelling my car!”

Other users also pointed out how not all vehicles have this feature. They said the trick still works with some new cars but is mostly fitted for older cars.

Do you know of any other car tricks and ‘hidden’ features you think everybody should know about? Share them with us in the comments below!

Wow! I’ve been doing that for a very long time. I’ve had a licence for 49 years and can’t remember when I first noticed the caps had a neat place to rest.

I don't drive anymore and didn't know this. Great idea though.

Almost been driving for 50 years and never knew this. My car’s fuel cap is attached but next time I need petrol ⛽️ for the car 🚙 or lawnmower I’ll check it out.