Thrifty shopper’s second-hand furniture purchase stuns social media after discovering that it was previously used for x-rated purposes

Let's be honest, spotting something we love at a fraction of its normal price can be pretty exciting. But sometimes, as this shopper found out, it’s best to be cautious when purchasing second-hand items.

Mallory from the US was thrilled when she found a white leather sofa set on Facebook marketplace for just $700. The set, which included a lounging area, a table and two ottomans, was a fraction of the price of a new one, which would have cost her almost $4,000.

However, her excitement quickly turned to disgust when she realised that the sofa set had been used by swingers. Before making the purchase, she had no idea that the sofa was anything other than a regular piece of furniture.

Taking her disappointment to TikTok, Mallory explained: “I’ve never seen a round couch before and I just moved into an apartment in Chicago and I wanted a funky couch.”

Credit: TikTok/@malloryonthemoon

“So I Googled it but I couldn’t find much information on it... and then I found this. So I went to pick it up.”

While this sectional sofa may have originally been used for, ahem, ‘other purposes’, it can't be denied that it is perfect for lounging as it features a comfortable backrest and a table in the centre. The set also includes two ottomans, which can be arranged to form a giant circle.

“Let’s just say there were things about the couch I did not know,” she said in a follow-up video.

“Based on all the comments, this used to be a swinger’s couch.”

However, Mallory admitted that she wasn’t fully convinced by her initial research so she did a little more digging...

"Not sure how true that is because the place we got it from is a really rich lady who lived in a $5 million home,” she quipped.

BxSyYGUrQQYkIdHNy8zZl_rUy9nSVDBf2Q1P1PBut4eZn3zxWlwJbQjEUndUi_tdBx8kuuWHjyVnfbGlBUFbChyaf4RZ3AGWwENSRaTFFcphYT9A77OP1Pxn2-4C6DIvApzrDxqaexeiCYLw

The x-rated purchase has taken social media by storm. Credit: TikTok/@malloryonthemoon.

The claim received a number of responses from TikTok users who said that rich people can be swingers too.

One person wrote: “You said it was an old lady that lived in a $5 million dollar house and I went ‘oh then it’s definitely a swinger’s couch’ - just clean it really well."

“Ohh yeah a old rich lady, definitely was used for swinger parties,” another added.

A third suggested: “Definitely a swinger’s couch. Rich people can be swingers too. They can afford $4,000 couches and throw awesome swinger parties.”

“Girl... an old lady in a $5 million dollar house is absolutely a swinger… that’s like, the scenario for this,” another added.

However, Mallory shared her own theories, saying: “This was something I was so excited about and you turned it into nasty.”

“I was thinking sleepovers, decorated all cute, I might have some of my friends over, we’d have movie nights, game nights and y’all all had to do this to me.”

Meanwhile, a number of users poked fun at Mallory, teasing her about how the couch "had a life before" before its owner.

One person joked: “That couch had a life before you just saying.”

“Swingers really do have the best taste in furniture,” another sarcastically said.

Others said that she had a great deal, admitting that they are jealous of the find.

One person said: “Bro you got a steal on that couch! They probably didn’t even realise! It’s still in such great condition.”

"Wow. I thought it was perfect for me and my kids to watch TV and be lazy. I would have snagged it off marketplace too," another shared.

A third added: “I had no idea! But I would love the couch because I have 10 kids! So swingers step aside!”

“My mind didn’t go there. Looks like a perfect friends-hanging-together couch,” added another one.

While this story is certainly a little unusual, it’s a good reminder to always be careful when purchasing second-hand items. If you’re not sure about something, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and ask the seller about the item’s history before you buy.

Sponsored
Thrifty shopper’s second-hand furniture purchase stuns social media after discovering that it was previously used for x-rated purposes

Let's be honest, spotting something we love at a fraction of its normal price can be pretty exciting. But sometimes, as this shopper found out, it’s best to be cautious when purchasing second-hand items.

Mallory from the US was thrilled when she found a white leather sofa set on Facebook marketplace for just $700. The set, which included a lounging area, a table and two ottomans, was a fraction of the price of a new one, which would have cost her almost $4,000.

However, her excitement quickly turned to disgust when she realised that the sofa set had been used by swingers. Before making the purchase, she had no idea that the sofa was anything other than a regular piece of furniture.

Taking her disappointment to TikTok, Mallory explained: “I’ve never seen a round couch before and I just moved into an apartment in Chicago and I wanted a funky couch.”

“So I Googled it but I couldn’t find much information on it... and then I found this. So I went to pick it up.”

While this sectional sofa may have originally been used for, ahem, ‘other purposes’, it can't be denied that it is perfect for lounging as it features a comfortable backrest and a table in the centre. The set also includes two ottomans, which can be arranged to form a giant circle.

“Let’s just say there were things about the couch I did not know,” she said in a follow-up video.

However, Mallory admitted that she wasn’t fully convinced by her initial research so she did a little more digging...

"Not sure how true that is because the place we got it from is a really rich lady who lived in a $5 million home,” she quipped.

BxSyYGUrQQYkIdHNy8zZl_rUy9nSVDBf2Q1P1PBut4eZn3zxWlwJbQjEUndUi_tdBx8kuuWHjyVnfbGlBUFbChyaf4RZ3AGWwENSRaTFFcphYT9A77OP1Pxn2-4C6DIvApzrDxqaexeiCYLw

The x-rated purchase has taken social media by storm. Credit: TikTok/@malloryonthemoon.

The claim received a number of responses from TikTok users who said that rich people can be swingers too.

One person wrote: “You said it was an old lady that lived in a $5 million dollar house and I went ‘oh then it’s definitely a swinger’s couch’ - just clean it really well."

“Ohh yeah a old rich lady, definitely was used for swinger parties,” another added.

A third suggested: “Definitely a swinger’s couch. Rich people can be swingers too. They can afford $4,000 couches and throw awesome swinger parties.”

“Girl... an old lady in a $5 million dollar house is absolutely a swinger… that’s like, the scenario for this,” another added.

However, Mallory shared her own theories, saying: “This was something I was so excited about and you turned it into nasty.”

“I was thinking sleepovers, decorated all cute, I might have some of my friends over, we’d have movie nights, game nights and y’all all had to do this to me.”

Meanwhile, a number of users poked fun at Mallory, teasing her about how the couch "had a life before" before its owner.

“Swingers really do have the best taste in furniture,” another sarcastically said.

Others said that she had a great deal, admitting that they are jealous of the find.

One person said: “Bro you got a steal on that couch! They probably didn’t even realise! It’s still in such great condition.”

"Wow. I thought it was perfect for me and my kids to watch TV and be lazy. I would have snagged it off marketplace too," another shared.

A third added: “I had no idea! But I would love the couch because I have 10 kids! So swingers step aside!”

“My mind didn’t go there. Looks like a perfect friends-hanging-together couch,” added another one.

While this story is certainly a little unusual, it’s a good reminder to always be careful when purchasing second-hand items. If you’re not sure about something, it’s always best to err on the side of caution and ask the seller about the item’s history before you buy.

Jeez, she might've bought a second-hand car in which some foul villain had his way with a winsome wench, too! Can't be too careful ...

Zemo, you made me laugh. I agree. Don't ever buy second hand cars. I am sure there are a lot of private things that go on in people's lives. Just have fun. Oops! did I say that out loud. I would just clean it properly and get on with my life. Also note that someone was sitting on that couch once upon a time. Who knows what their level of hygiene was! As stated previously by Zemo, "Can't be too careful..."

Is it me, or have humans descended to a level that everything has to be about sex? I just see a reallly comfortable sofa.

For goodness sake!!!! Whatever a swinger does on a couch( and the story’s a bit of a stretch anyway), can be done on any couch…. And I’m sure most of us have at some time or another!! Hating myself for even commenting on this bit of rubbish …. Love the couch, by the way ! Just clean it, as you would any other 2nd hand furniture! FFS

Who cares. Just have it cleaned and enjoy it. It's perfect

Reactions: Ricci

Oh come on it may well have been just a normal sofa set. Just because you people see something that a 70s orgy would have it automatically has to be gor swingers. Heads above the navel please.

Oh come on it may well have been just a normal sofa set. Just because you people see something that a 70s orgy would have it automatically has to be gor swingers. Heads above the navel please.
Hang on ... who said it was used for naughty purposes -- the buyer of this "shock, horror, gasp!" bit of furniture, who shared her concern with a largely uncaring world, or was the discussion turned that way by repliers to the post?

Any item of furniture you buy second hand could have been used in different ways. As long as you can clean it what's the problem.

What about hotel beds? Similar uses!