rest1953

Oct 13, 2021
Three men at a funeral

A Doctor, a lawyer and a banker all attended the funeral of a very good friend. They were standing by the open coffin when the Doctor said, "I just remembered. I owed Ben $100." He reached into his wallet and took out two crisp new $50 notes and placed them into the coffin.
The lawyer then said, "You have reminded me that I also owed him $100" and with that, the lawyer took five $20 notes from his pocket and placed them into the coffin.
The banker stood silent for a few minutes before he, too, said "By gosh, I recall that I also owe him $100." .. The banker then took out his cheque book, wrote a cheque for $300, dropped it into the coffin and took the $200 in change...

Sam died and left $50,000 in his will for an elaborate funeral.
As the last attenders left, Sam's wife, Rose, turned to her oldest friend, Sadie, and said: "Well, I'm sure Sam would be pleased."

"I'm sure you're right" replied Sadie, who leaned in close and lowered her voice to a whisper: "tell me, how much did it really cost?"
"All of it" said Rose. "50,000."

"No!" Sadie exclaimed "I mean, it was very nice, but really.......$50,000?"

Rose nodded. "The funeral was $6500. I donated $500 to the church for the priest services. The food and drinks for another $500. And the rest went towards the memorial stone."
Sadie computed quickly: "$42,500 for a memorial stone? Exactly how big is it?"
"Seven and a half carats."

A Doctor, a lawyer and a banker all attended the funeral of a very good friend. They were standing by the open coffin when the Doctor said, "I just remembered. I owed Ben $100." He reached into his wallet and took out two crisp new $50 notes and placed them into the coffin.

The lawyer then said, "You have reminded me that I also owed him $100" and with that, the lawyer took five $20 notes from his pocket and placed them into the coffin.

The banker stood silent for a few minutes before he, too, said "By gosh, I recall that I also owe him $100." .. The banker then took out his cheque book, wrote a cheque for $300, dropped it into the coffin and took the $200 in change...

Very clever joke

Reactions: Snozzy
Sam died and left $50,000 in his will for an elaborate funeral.
As the last attenders left, Sam's wife, Rose, turned to her oldest friend, Sadie, and said: "Well, I'm sure Sam would be pleased."

"I'm sure you're right" replied Sadie, who leaned in close and lowered her voice to a whisper: "tell me, how much did it really cost?"
"All of it" said Rose. "50,000."

"No!" Sadie exclaimed "I mean, it was very nice, but really.......$50,000?"

Rose nodded. "The funeral was $6500. I donated $500 to the church for the priest services. The food and drinks for another $500. And the rest went towards the memorial stone."
Sadie computed quickly: "$42,500 for a memorial stone? Exactly how big is it?"
"Seven and a half carats."
Love it 🤣