Happyjack

Aug 22, 2022
Those danged passwords

So danged annoying when websites don't have the option to view your password especially when entering a new one with a repeat for confirmation, and then get told they don't match.
Of course one has no clue as to what parts(s) don't match.

Easy peasy: type it out in a word doc,or similar, copy and paste to both boxes.
as I use Firefox I use their password facility when going in to a website.
But I also have a secret squirrel file that have web addresses, and hints for pin nos and passwords. one needs to know obscure parts of my past to decode them.
Of course one does need to make sure that file is kept up to date when changes are made.
I'll know my brain is in trouble too when I can't recall my old NZ bank a/c no. from over 12 years ago- and they were easy to remember as in NZ there is only one a/c no for multiple a/cs
there is the usual,BSB ( bank, sub branch) but your own a.c no will be say 1234567 bi then 01 02 03 for all the subaccounts, savings, chq, etc Not like in OZ wher I think most banks give totally different no's - for some strange reason
Cheers
Howard

Those danged passwords

So danged annoying when websites don't have the option to view your password especially when entering a new one with a repeat for confirmation, and then get told they don't match.
Of course one has no clue as to what parts(s) don't match.

Easy peasy: type it out in a word doc,or similar, copy and paste to both boxes.
as I use Firefox I use their password facility when going in to a website.
But I also have a secret squirrel file that have web addresses, and hints for pin nos and passwords. one needs to know obscure parts of my past to decode them.
Of course one does need to make sure that file is kept up to date when changes are made.
I'll know my brain is in trouble too when I can't recall my old NZ bank a/c no. from over 12 years ago- and they were easy to remember as in NZ there is only one a/c no for multiple a/cs
there is the usual,BSB ( bank, sub branch) but your own a.c no will be say 1234567 bi then 01 02 03 for all the subaccounts, savings, chq, etc Not like in OZ wher I think most banks give totally different no's - for some strange reason
Cheers
Howard
Thank you for sharing Howard!

Reactions: Trish M
Sounds like you are well up in computers. Unfortunately I am one of the many that aren't. Good to know though. 😃

It is safer to have completely different numbered accounts as it is then harder for anyone to take cash out of all your accounts without your authority.

i complain to every site about not being able to see passwords .
I usually find that there is a mark beside the password where you can click to see the password in letters and numbers as it really is. You should look for this as it helps to make sure both entries are the same.

I usually find that there is a mark beside the password where you can click to see the password in letters and numbers as it really is. You should look for this as it helps to make sure both entries are the same.
Yeah but always hide it again before you carry on your merry way as it will remain visible in your cache history I believe, so any later hackers or phone finders (after you lose it) can see it. Just what I was taught so maybe not quite right but I do it anyway, just seems sensible as there must be a reason for hiding it.

Yeah but always hide it again before you carry on your merry way as it will remain visible in your cache history I believe, so any later hackers or phone finders (after you lose it) can see it. Just what I was taught so maybe not quite right but I do it anyway, just seems sensible as there must be a reason for hiding it.
I find it hides itself but it is always safest to make sure.