This Woolworths Rewards tip has shoppers stunned!

Who doesn't love a good tip to save a bit of cash? We're always looking for tips and tricks to help our Seniors Discount Club members maximise their savings—and this recent Woolworths revelation has certainly got us talking.

In a popular Facebook group, one clever shopper shared her way of boosting her Everyday Rewards points, leaving fellow social media users stunned.

The savvy customer posted a screenshot of her Everyday Rewards profile, showing how she had banked a whopping $500 in her 'Bank for Christmas' tally—with still half the year left to save even more!

compressed-b2fd22f08e5ee1616603ea9995ab1c4ad2896d13-4x3-x0y0w1333h1000.jpeg
This shopper has accumulated $500 in her Everyday Rewards Bank in only six months, all set for Christmas savings. Source: Markdown Addicts Australia/Facebook.

The Everyday Rewards program is designed to help shoppers ease the pressure of Christmas spending by the end of the year. You can read more about the program here.

If you're anything like us, you might be thinking: 'How on earth did she manage to save so much?' Well, gather 'round because we're going to spill the beans.

When asked her secret, the woman broke down her shopping strategy, explaining how she had managed to save $500 within just six months.

First and foremost, she spends approximately $1,200 monthly on food shopping. Not unusual, we hear you say. But it's the little extras that start to make a difference.

The woman revealed that she occasionally spends about $40 shopping with Woolworths' external market partners, such as Healthylife, for cleaning products and other necessities.

But here's the real magic: the shopper admitted that she had accumulated $80 worth of points after purchasing $800 in JB Hi-Fi gift cards.

This simple trick helped make a significant impact on her Everyday Rewards Christmas bank.

Before you rush off to buy a stack of gift cards, we'd like to share some valuable insights from an Everyday Rewards spokesperson.

‘Our most engaged members save hundreds of dollars each year by activating bonus point offers, shopping specials in their “my weekly picks” and redeeming fuel discounts.’ the spokesperson said.

As Christmas can strain our wallets, the spokesperson added, 'When an Everyday Rewards member selects “Bank for Christmas”, they can save up points throughout the year, ready to spend from December 1, which is like opening an early Christmas present.'

Last Christmas, the 'Bank for Christmas' feature was more popular than ever, with members banking an average of $100 to spend during the festive season. Some even managed to save over $2000!

So, how can we get the most out of this tip?​

compressed-ddff8eb57fab88ba925372c7301c42d58438ac63-4x3-x678y0w5423h4067.jpeg
A representative from Everyday Rewards mentioned that the program assists members in saving hundreds of dollars every year by activating bonus point offers and taking advantage of shopping specials. Source: Woolworths

First and foremost, download the Everyday Rewards app and keep an eye on your tailored weekly offers. By consistently taking advantage of these deals, you can maximise your Bank for Christmas savings.

Every now and then, you might get an offer to earn a large number of points for spending a certain amount over a week or more.

Be sure to keep an eye on your account and use the mobile app regularly to check for boosters and offers.

Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths customer has shared her savvy tip for racking up extra Everyday Rewards points and stunning social media users.
  • The shopper has already banked $500 for Christmas in six months by utilising the program's various ways to earn points.
  • An Everyday Rewards spokesperson said the program helps members save hundreds of dollars annually by activating bonus point offers and shopping specials.
  • There are 14 million Everyday Rewards members Australia-wide, and each month, more than 1.6 million members enjoy rewards from the program.

The Guide to Woolworths' Everyday Rewards Program​

According to Finder, Woolworths is one of Australia's most popular loyalty programs.

As one of the ways to be rewarded for shopping at Woolworths supermarkets, BWS, Big W and participating Ampol, EG Australia and Caltex Woolworths fuel outlets, members receive tailored booster offers every week.

Continuing on from this, the Everyday Extra program provides customers with even more benefits for an extra fee.

Also, thanks to the Woolworths Rewards Program, members can transfer and convert 2,000 Everyday Rewards points into 1,000 Qantas Points. Finder found that, by converting points to Qantas Points, members could get the most value out of their points in the long run.

Finally, Everyday Rewards members can check their current offers, view their point balance and update their reward preferences at selected Woolworths supermarkets that have a Rewards Hub.

Remember, there are 14 million Everyday Rewards members throughout Australia, and every month, over 1.6 million of them enjoy rewards from the program.

So why not join the ranks and start maximising your savings now? After all, every penny saved brings us closer to a more relaxed and enjoyable festive season!

Sponsored
I’ve banked $190 so far for Christmas just by boosting everything and just doing my normal shopping. I try and buy as much as I can once a month when I get my 10% discount which also stops me having to pop in for stuff and impulse buy so that saves money. But I also get 3 x points when I do need to get my bread, fruit and veg in between my big shops

Reactions: Jumping Jack Flash
I’m sure not many people could afford to spend that much money on any sort of gift cards, JB or otherwise. Obviously this shopper is not one of the many struggling to buy the basics needed to survive. Just another unnecessary reminder of the gap between the haves and have nots.

I’ve banked $190 so far for Christmas just by boosting everything and just doing my normal shopping. I try and buy as much as I can once a month when I get my 10% discount which also stops me having to pop in for stuff and impulse buy so that saves money. But I also get 3 x points when I do need to get my bread, fruit and veg in between my big shops
I do exactly the same with mine Colette 😉