This woman's Kmart order came with some questionable artwork - you won't believe what she found!

Online shopping has become a godsend these days, hasn't it? Not only does it offer us convenience and the added bonus of saving time and money on petrol costs, but for those of us who don't feel inclined to brave the shops, it's the perfect way to get the items we need to spruce up our homes.

And the fact that we're able to visually inspect every item by scrutinising all the details and measurements in the product description before we hit 'order' is always reassuring, as we can guarantee we'll be receiving exactly what we asked for… Or can we?

Well, unfortunately not, according to one woman's story, as when she got her Kmart serving tray delivered, it turned out to be slightly different—and a lot funnier—than she expected!

A post on a Facebook group by the woman revealed the tray she had bought had been covered in a layer of dust – and that wasn't all. The dust wasn't just a bit of a nuisance, but it also revealed some 'extra artwork' that had been drawn onto the tray—some childish doodles of smiley faces and words like 'hi' and 'hello,' as well as some rather amusing phallic graffiti!

1685932344813.png
The arrival of the package left the Australian woman ‘taken aback’ by the unexpected layer of dust that coated the contents. Source: Facebook

The woman thanked Kmart for their 'extra artwork’, and we couldn't resist chuckling along with her. Most of the comments found it to be really quite hilarious, with one user writing, 'gotta love a bit of D!'

Meanwhile, other comments wanted to know how such a thing even happened. One asked if Kmart had delivered the item with all that dust on, to which the woman confirmed—'sure did. I was surprised too.'

Customer Rights and Online Shopping​

When you order something online, you trust that you're getting what you asked for—packaged nicely with a good seal and free from any marks or damages. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case.

That's why it's important to understand your rights as a customer in such cases—it's your right to return an item in the same condition as when you received it. You can also dispute any extra charges, like delivery fees, if there was an issue with the item that was not your fault.

Online retailers have customer service departments responsible for taking your complaint and resolving your problems as quickly as possible. You should also be aware that if your item arrives damaged, it is the responsibility of the courier or other delivery service to be held liable for the item—wherever possible, you should try to establish contact with them as well.

At the end of the day, you can rest assured that customer service will try to resolve your issue in the best possible way. So if you ever get an order that isn't exactly as you expected it, take it up with customer service and ensure that your rights as a consumer are respected.

Of course, in this case, the customer was able to simply wipe away the dust graffiti.

Key Takeaways
  • An Australian woman received a Kmart order with unexpected artwork on a serving tray.
  • The discolouration on the tray turned out to be dust, which covered the bottom and sides of the item.
  • The dust was accompanied by finger drawings, including smiley faces, squiggly lines, greetings, and a phallic drawing that the woman found amusing.
  • Most social media users found the dusty artwork hilarious, while others questioned why Kmart would send such a dirty item to customers.
We guess it just shows that some things you just don't get through online shopping—like art!

Members, we’d love to know, what are some of the most memorable or amusing experiences you've had with online shopping deliveries? Share your stories and let us know how you handled it!

Sponsored
Online shopping has become a godsend these days, hasn't it? Not only does it offer us convenience and the added bonus of saving time and money on petrol costs, but for those of us who don't feel inclined to brave the shops, it's the perfect way to get the items we need to spruce up our homes.

And the fact that we're able to visually inspect every item by scrutinising all the details and measurements in the product description before we hit 'order' is always reassuring, as we can guarantee we'll be receiving exactly what we asked for… Or can we?

Well, unfortunately not, according to one woman's story, as when she got her Kmart serving tray delivered, it turned out to be slightly different—and a lot funnier—than she expected!

A post on a Facebook group by the woman revealed the tray she had bought had been covered in a layer of dust – and that wasn't all. The dust wasn't just a bit of a nuisance, but it also revealed some 'extra artwork' that had been drawn onto the tray—some childish doodles of smiley faces and words like 'hi' and 'hello,' as well as some rather amusing phallic graffiti!

View attachment 21489
The arrival of the package left the Australian woman ‘taken aback’ by the unexpected layer of dust that coated the contents. Source: Facebook

The woman thanked Kmart for their 'extra artwork’, and we couldn't resist chuckling along with her. Most of the comments found it to be really quite hilarious, with one user writing, 'gotta love a bit of D!'

Meanwhile, other comments wanted to know how such a thing even happened. One asked if Kmart had delivered the item with all that dust on, to which the woman confirmed—'sure did. I was surprised too.'

Customer Rights and Online Shopping​

When you order something online, you trust that you're getting what you asked for—packaged nicely with a good seal and free from any marks or damages. Unfortunately, this isn't always the case.

That's why it's important to understand your rights as a customer in such cases—it's your right to return an item in the same condition as when you received it. You can also dispute any extra charges, like delivery fees, if there was an issue with the item that was not your fault.

Online retailers have customer service departments responsible for taking your complaint and resolving your problems as quickly as possible. You should also be aware that if your item arrives damaged, it is the responsibility of the courier or other delivery service to be held liable for the item—wherever possible, you should try to establish contact with them as well.

At the end of the day, you can rest assured that customer service will try to resolve your issue in the best possible way. So if you ever get an order that isn't exactly as you expected it, take it up with customer service and ensure that your rights as a consumer are respected.

Of course, in this case, the customer was able to simply wipe away the dust graffiti.

Key Takeaways

• An Australian woman received a Kmart order with unexpected artwork on a serving tray.
  • The discolouration on the tray turned out to be dust, which covered the bottom and sides of the item.
  • The dust was accompanied by finger drawings, including smiley faces, squiggly lines, greetings, and a phallic drawing that the woman found amusing.
  • Most social media users found the dusty artwork hilarious, while others questioned why Kmart would send such a dirty item to customers.
We guess it just shows that some things you just don't get through online shopping—like art!

Members, we’d love to know, what are some of the most memorable or amusing experiences you've had with online shopping deliveries? Share your stories and let us know how you handled it!
Well I am sitting here reading this after just having a delivery from kmart. A jacket, trolley chopping board etc. Opened it to find a quilt, and a heap of new born baby clothes and mobiles. So I rang up and said get it back and send it to the right person etc. No I got told to donate it or throw it in the bin and I will get a refund and to reorder the items I wanted again. Terrible waste of rescources on their end and the things I wanted are out of stock online. I cannot for the life of me understand why the boxes cannot be returned on both sides and resent to the right people. Thanks for nothing kmart

Well I am sitting here reading this after just having a delivery from kmart. A jacket, trolley chopping board etc. Opened it to find a quilt, and a heap of new born baby clothes and mobiles. So I rang up and said get it back and send it to the right person etc. No I got told to donate it or throw it in the bin and I will get a refund and to reorder the items I wanted again. Terrible waste of rescources on their end and the things I wanted are out of stock online. I cannot for the life of me understand why the boxes cannot be returned on both sides and resent to the right people. Thanks for nothing kmart
donate them, end of story.