This woman's Bunnings hack will make your grout look brand new - here’s everything you need to know!

Cleaning dirty grout is one of the most frustrating chores. It's tedious, time-consuming, and often doesn't seem to make much of a difference. But if you're not careful, grout can quickly become stained and discoloured, making your tile look dirty and old.

There's also no denying that we often try to avoid this task, which results in the dirt and grime building up even more. But avoiding it won't make it go away, and eventually, you'll have to deal with it.

So what's the best way to clean grout? Well, there are a lot of tips that claim you can make your grout sparkling white but some of them don't really work.

For example, using a mixture of water and vinegar was said to effectively clean grout. However, some people who claim to have tried this tip said that they sometimes spend hours scrubbing their floors to no avail.

Such has been the case of one woman who said that using the popular DIY mixture did not do a thing to clean the grout of her new rental.

'I don’t think the grout in my new rental had ever been cleaned,' she wrote in a post on the Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia Facebook group.

She then shared how she tried looking for a solution to her dilemma, which led her to search for some cleaning products at her local Bunnings store in Darwin.

Now, the woman's grout is sparkling white and was praised by many group members!

-0fWYOe4w2EZiAGq5XGLYuV5wuhbCje49y4NoMVekHq8xikhuXeAjxMYv8vrBOOdcntiT-ESyRVKdklAaj7AF9UnIUHqeg0DS5Tz7OuZM2OPd4qdea5vfu9a0WyKDGrCLSFZlT56-OdJR6KKFDaU7Udn2_g0l9ZMH4t86ucvD929dICupGVRFaf_

Before and after photos of the woman’s grout. Credit: Facebook/Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia.

So, what exactly did she do to get rid of the pesky dirt from her bathroom grout? Well, she ditched the vinegar-water mixture and used the 30-second grout cleaner from Bunnings instead.

She added: 'Previously I’ve always used a vinegar/water mix but this time I tried the 30-second grout cleaner from Bunnings and it has come up excellently!'

The woman also shared the before and after photos of her bathroom.

Several members commended her for her dedication to finding a quick fix for her cleaning needs.

One user wrote: 'Fantastic inspiration! I need to do this!'

'Wow! Well done!' another praised.

Others expressed their gratitude to the woman for sharing her tip.

One person said: 'I’m about to move out of my rental. This is good to know.'

NRV-6Ix9__2IGmunZ5OvdL_2TR5KciaiXVpTb_UogC_3yg-dbBG5XZNDzGSrXqeHyB4r94heO1ubXzJ9weP65QkzWAjgDbkIDlpj5yRYguaW5rbpl0mx8pdMLBVHk-SWKomun4msa7VR7mTi6yVjGYJ7rPpWC79rvag98GOGvA8UGoqMU-I_h-eG

The product is available at Bunnings for $10.99. Credit: Bunnings.

This product seems to work well, with many users reporting that they only needed to do a quick swipe or two with a manual brush to get the job done.

One user claimed: 'This stuff is actually the bomb! Love it. So satisfying.'

Some took the opportunity to ask the original poster how much time she spent cleaning her grout.

One person asked: 'How long did it take to do your whole bathroom?'

The woman responded, writing: 'About 20 minutes? Maybe 30 minutes because I wiped everything down and then mopped again afterwards.'

'I would think a “big” area would take a couple of hours. The grout cleaner works very well though, not a lot of scrubbing at all.'

Others suggested that the product should be used with another cleaning item from Bunnings to unleash its full potential.

'Brush attachment for an electric drill from Bunnings works really quick with this product,' one person recommended.

However, the original poster said that a normal grout brush could also do the trick, explaining: 'I have the electric grout cleaner brush but found that I didn’t even need it with this product.'

And, since it's a powerful cleaner, some users advised that you may only need to clean it once every few months to keep your grout looking its best. Sounds good to us!

So if you're looking for an easy and effective way to clean your grout, the 30-second grout cleaner from Bunnings is definitely worth checking out.

While there are a lot of quick fixes for a number of your cleaning needs online, it's still best to seek advice from those who used to experience the same issue as they are more credible. A lot of people post on social media about their cleaning tips and tricks, but you never really know if those methods will actually work until you try them yourself.

And even then, you might not get the same results as the person who posted about it. It's always best to ask someone who has actually gone through the same problem as you and has found a solution that works for them.

Having said that, if you know other tricks for effectively cleaning dirty grout (without breaking your back by scrubbing it for hours), feel free to share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
Cleaning dirty grout is one of the most frustrating chores. It's tedious, time-consuming, and often doesn't seem to make much of a difference. But if you're not careful, grout can quickly become stained and discoloured, making your tile look dirty and old.

There's also no denying that we often try to avoid this task, which results in the dirt and grime building up even more. But avoiding it won't make it go away, and eventually, you'll have to deal with it.

So what's the best way to clean grout? Well, there are a lot of tips that claim you can make your grout sparkling white but some of them don't really work.

For example, using a mixture of water and vinegar was said to effectively clean grout. However, some people who claim to have tried this tip said that they sometimes spend hours scrubbing their floors to no avail.

Such has been the case of one woman who said that using the popular DIY mixture did not do a thing to clean the grout of her new rental.

'I don’t think the grout in my new rental had ever been cleaned,' she wrote in a post on the Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia Facebook group.

She then shared how she tried looking for a solution to her dilemma, which led her to search for some cleaning products at her local Bunnings store in Darwin.

Now, the woman's grout is sparkling white and was praised by many group members!

-0fWYOe4w2EZiAGq5XGLYuV5wuhbCje49y4NoMVekHq8xikhuXeAjxMYv8vrBOOdcntiT-ESyRVKdklAaj7AF9UnIUHqeg0DS5Tz7OuZM2OPd4qdea5vfu9a0WyKDGrCLSFZlT56-OdJR6KKFDaU7Udn2_g0l9ZMH4t86ucvD929dICupGVRFaf_

Before and after photos of the woman’s grout. Credit: Facebook/Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia.

So, what exactly did she do to get rid of the pesky dirt from her bathroom grout? Well, she ditched the vinegar-water mixture and used the 30-second grout cleaner from Bunnings instead.

She added: 'Previously I’ve always used a vinegar/water mix but this time I tried the 30-second grout cleaner from Bunnings and it has come up excellently!'

Several members commended her for her dedication to finding a quick fix for her cleaning needs.

NRV-6Ix9__2IGmunZ5OvdL_2TR5KciaiXVpTb_UogC_3yg-dbBG5XZNDzGSrXqeHyB4r94heO1ubXzJ9weP65QkzWAjgDbkIDlpj5yRYguaW5rbpl0mx8pdMLBVHk-SWKomun4msa7VR7mTi6yVjGYJ7rPpWC79rvag98GOGvA8UGoqMU-I_h-eG

This product seems to work well, with many users reporting that they only needed to do a quick swipe or two with a manual brush to get the job done.

Some took the opportunity to ask the original poster how much time she spent cleaning her grout.

The woman responded, writing: 'About 20 minutes? Maybe 30 minutes because I wiped everything down and then mopped again afterwards.'

'I would think a “big” area would take a couple of hours. The grout cleaner works very well though, not a lot of scrubbing at all.'

Others suggested that the product should be used with another cleaning item from Bunnings to unleash its full potential.

'Brush attachment for an electric drill from Bunnings works really quick with this product,' one person recommended.

However, the original poster said that a normal grout brush could also do the trick, explaining: 'I have the electric grout cleaner brush but found that I didn’t even need it with this product.'

And, since it's a powerful cleaner, some users advised that you may only need to clean it once every few months to keep your grout looking its best. Sounds good to us!

So if you're looking for an easy and effective way to clean your grout, the 30-second grout cleaner from Bunnings is definitely worth checking out.

While there are a lot of quick fixes for a number of your cleaning needs online, it's still best to seek advice from those who used to experience the same issue as they are more credible. A lot of people post on social media about their cleaning tips and tricks, but you never really know if those methods will actually work until you try them yourself.

And even then, you might not get the same results as the person who posted about it. It's always best to ask someone who has actually gone through the same problem as you and has found a solution that works for them.

Having said that, if you know other tricks for effectively cleaning dirty grout (without breaking your back by scrubbing it for hours), feel free to share them with us in the comments below!
Sounds good. I might have to get this on my next trip to Bunnings.

Reactions: RTS, Ricci and Ezzy
By far the cheapest, easiest, most effective, and longest-lasting way to clean grouting is to simply spray with bleach. That's it, folks. The bleach and the mould will simply wash away the next time you use the shower.
Is the bleach diluted with water? By what amount! I'd be concerned about it fading the colour of a coloured grout.

This sounds amazing does it help with the mould that can build up?

Reactions: Ezzy
I too have used this product and find it works very well. We had some cracked tiles replaced in our ensuite and I asked the tiler about the Bunnings Grout Cleaner. He told me it is fine to use it "once in a while" but not to use it constantly as it will slowly eat away at the grouting as will other grout cleaners. I now just spot clean with it.

I too have used this product and find it works very well. We had some cracked tiles replaced in our ensuite and I asked the tiler about the Bunnings Grout Cleaner. He told me it is fine to use it "once in a while" but not to use it constantly as it will slowly eat away at the grouting as will other grout cleaners. I now just spot clean with it.
Occasional use seems to make sense. I wonder if the manufacturer bothered to include this as a warning?