This woman did WHAT? The internet is stumped by a viral video of a woman shaving a baby’s head

If you thought you'd seen it all online, think again. We've stumbled across some pretty wild trends online recently, but this latest one has left thousands both confused and concerned.

A short clip posted by user @urara_babystuff shows a woman shaving a baby's head, prompting users to ask why anyone would do such a thing.

In the 10-second video, a woman can be seen holding a clipper up to the camera before gently running it over a baby’s head, shaving off what little hair the baby had completely.

Then, the woman proceeds by cleaning out the device and washing the hair down the drain.

The TikToker seems to be promoting a shaving device for babies as they attached a link for potential shoppers to click on if they are interested in buying the gadget.

Despite the video garnering nearly 5 million views, it captured the attention of many for all the wrong reasons. The comments section was flooded with concerned parents questioning why it was necessary to shave off the baby’s hair.

Untitled design.jpg
The woman can be seen shaving the baby’s hair off. Source: @urara_babystuff

‘Why would you shave a baby? Their baby hair is the most precious thing!’ one person commented.

‘Wait, why are you doing this? This can’t possibly be serious.’ another chimed.

‘No - I will NOT be shaving my baby’s head.’ a third declared, while a just said: ‘NOOOOO!’

‘This feels illegal.’ another joked.

‘Everyone is upset about the baby's hair and then there's me. I’m upset with her for throwing the hair down the sink!’ one more added.

Some people however argued that others were overreacting.

Warning: The video contains an explicit soundtrack that uses strong language.

Source: @urara_babystuff

‘I will never understand why people care so much about this.’ one wrote.

‘Why are you all so distraught... It doesn’t hurt the baby.’ commented another.

‘People getting mad but in some religions, it brings good luck to shave it.’ a third explained, while a fourth agreed: ‘Yes, it’s a custom in some countries and it doesn’t hurt babies.’

‘Some cultures do this. Some just do it as they believe that the baby’s hair will grow back thicker.’ another explained.

Have you ever seen someone shaving a baby’s head before? What are your thoughts about this story? Share them with us in the comments.

Sponsored
Yes I have and I hated it .

My friend who was Yugoslavian used to shave her baby's head as did a friend who was Indonesian

They said it was their custom, they would shave the baby's heads because they believed the hair would grow back thicker and healthier.

I remember when their sons and daughters hair grew back it was not thick infact my kids hair looked thicker.

I was tempted to shave my sons hair as he had a thick head full of hair
He was 8 months with severe excema and also on his scalp which caused clumps of hair to fall out. We decided to just cut it very short.

I remember though when my brother was maybe 3 he always given a crew cut ( shaved) he got these cuts until he was maybe 8.

• Sad
Reactions: Ezzy and Ricci
If you thought you'd seen it all online, think again. We've stumbled across some pretty wild trends online recently, but this latest one has left thousands both confused and concerned.

A short clip posted by user @urara_babystuff shows a woman shaving a baby's head, prompting users to ask why anyone would do such a thing.

In the 10-second video, a woman can be seen holding a clipper up to the camera before gently running it over a baby’s head, shaving off what little hair the baby had completely.

Then, the woman proceeds by cleaning out the device and washing the hair down the drain.

The TikToker seems to be promoting a shaving device for babies as they attached a link for potential shoppers to click on if they are interested in buying the gadget.

Despite the video garnering nearly 5 million views, it captured the attention of many for all the wrong reasons. The comments section was flooded with concerned parents questioning why it was necessary to shave off the baby’s hair.

View attachment 7325

‘Why would you shave a baby? Their baby hair is the most precious thing!’ one person commented.

‘No - I will NOT be shaving my baby’s head.’ a third declared, while a just said: ‘NOOOOO!’

‘Everyone is upset about the baby's hair and then there's me. I’m upset with her for throwing the hair down the sink!’ one more added.

‘People getting mad but in some religions, it brings good luck to shave it.’ a third explained, while a fourth agreed: ‘Yes, it’s a custom in some countries and it doesn’t hurt babies.’

‘Some cultures do this. Some just do it as they believe that the baby’s hair will grow back thicker.’ another explained.

Have you ever seen someone shaving a baby’s head before? What are your thoughts about this story? Share them with us in the comments.

This is common in some cultures, whether you agree with it or not. I must admit I was a bit disgusted by the hair down the sink.

View attachment 7325

Aside from the fact it gets the baby familiar with getting haircuts (and therefore less drama later), it does help to thicken the hair.

View attachment 7325

Yes I have seen it many times. It’s a cultural thing and one just has to accept it whether you like it or not!

View attachment 7325

Some peole should just keep their opinions to themselves and let this mother bring her child up how she desires, not how you people want to bring it up!!

Yes I have and I hated it .

My friend who was Yugoslavian used to shave her baby's head as did a friend who was Indonesian

They said it was their custom, they would shave the baby's heads because they believed the hair would grow back thicker and healthier.

I remember when their sons and daughters hair grew back it was not thick infact my kids hair looked thicker.

I was tempted to shave my sons hair as he had a thick head full of hair
He was 8 months with severe excema and also on his scalp which caused clumps of hair to fall out. We decided to just cut it very short.

I remember though when my brother was maybe 3 he always given a crew cut ( shaved) he got these cuts until he was maybe 8.
"In Hindu tradition, the hair from birth is associated with undesirable traits from past lives. Thus at the time of the shave, the child is freshly shaven to signify freedom from the past and moving into the future."

For some religions it’s necessary. Hinduism for instance. Also, Many believe cutting the hair will thicken it? It’s her baby so it’s her decision. Paying for a plumber to clean her drain is also her problem. For me - leave the hair alone and stop blocking drains!

View attachment 7325

It may have been an old wives tail But……… It used to be done to thicken up Baby’s hair. I’m sure they kept a lock of hair for keepsake.

"In Hindu tradition, the hair from birth is associated with undesirable traits from past lives. Thus at the time of the shave, the child is freshly shaven to signify freedom from the past and moving into the future."
What a lot of bullshit . There are some traditions best left behind in the past. If you choose to be an Australian, act like one, not someone who wants to change this country to their old country. Get rid of these sorts of beliefs!

I did it to my 1 year old daughter many years ago as she had very little hair. Her hair finally started to grow. Now at 35 she still has beautiful thick head

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci

View attachment 7325

This is normal in the India culture. The baby's hair is shaved off after about the baby being 3 months old. The hair grows back much thicker and the baby is never hurt by the shaving. My husband shaved both my children's hair.

Reactions: Ricci

View attachment 7325

My concern is for the soft spot on a baby's head.

Reactions: Ricci