Babybird

May 23, 2023
Port macquarie
this will make you cry

this will make you cry

Love and Respect Your Parents In Their Old Age: Heart Touching Story Daisy Simon / Lifestyle The relationship a parent and child share is so heartwarming and unique, but sometimes we forget it when our parents are in their old age. They say that the love parents have for their children is eternal. There isn’t love that is as pure as this relationship. As children, we learn about the world around them through their eyes. We look to our parents for support and help every time we find ourselves in a difficult situation. Our parents are always there for us no matter what. They are loving, forgiving, and supporting even when we don’t deserve that. All they want is for us to be happy, safe and secure. Many times when children grow up we begin to ignore or stop having a positive connection with them. We get so busy with our lives that we forget to check on them. “To care for those who once cared for us is one of the highest honors.” — Tia Walker We must take care of our parents when they need us the most, just like how they taught us to take our first steps, we too must guide them through their old age. Here is a touching story as a reminder to love and respect your parents in their old age Love And Respect Your Parents In Their Old Age .

An 80-year-old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along with his 45-year-old highly educated son. Suddenly a crow perched on their window. The Father asked his Son, “What is this?” The Son replied, “It is a crow”. After a few minutes, the Father asked his Son the 2nd time, “What is this?” The Son said “Father, I have just now told you “It’s a crow”. After a little while, the old Father again asked his Son the 3rd time, “What is this?” At this time some expression of irritation was felt in his tone when he said to his Father with a rebuff. “It’s a crow, a crow”. A little after, the Father again asked his Son the 4th time, “What is this?” This time the Son shouted at his Father, “Why do you keep asking me the same question again and again, although I have told you so many times ‘IT IS A CROW’. Are you not able to understand this?” A little later the Father went to his room and came back with an old tattered diary, which he had maintained since his Son was born. On opening a page, he asked his Son to read that page. When the son read it, the following words were written in the diary. “Today my little son, aged three, was sitting with me on the sofa when a crow was sitting on the window. My Son asked me 23 times what it was, and I replied to him all 23 times that it was a Crow. I hugged him lovingly each time he asked me the same question again and again 23 times. I did not at all feel irritated, I rather felt affection for my innocent child”. While the little child asked him 23 times “What is this”, the Father had felt no irritation in replying to the same question all 23 times and when today the Father asked his Son the same question just 4 times, the son felt irritated and annoyed. Related: How Your Parents Relationship Affects Yours In Adulthood How To Show Love and Respect to Your Parents In Their Old Age So… If your parents reach old age, do not disregard them or see them as a burden, instead, speak to them graciously, be humble, compassionate and patient with them. We understand how difficult it is to balance work and family life. However, you can be productive at work while still providing your ageing parents with the care and attention they deserve. There are few things that you will understand better than your parents. Like technology, so be patient while answering their questions. They might call you frequently and it can be frustrating, if you’re busy be polite and don’t raise your voice at them. Remember when they taught you Math, how to tie your shoes or how to ride a bicycle. It may take some time for them to learn certain things, but they will know you care enough to help them. It will take courage to care for ageing parents. It will require sacrifice, patience, and a willingness to understand. But weren’t these the same things they needed when you were growing up? Please be considerate of them. They, too, feel isolated and lonely. It is important to remember that caring for your parents in their old age should not be a burden on you. They have looked after you since you were a small child. They have always showered you with selfless love. They went to great lengths to shape you into what you are today

Last edited:
Reactions: Penny4
That's lovely and a good way of reminding us to look to the log in our own eye.
I have friend 90 yrs his sister won't make the effect to even ring him. You can tell he is lonely from tone voice. People and family members forget that they get lonely ...put in a retirement home and forgotten. He is the sweetest man. He used go out of his way to help anyone. I worked for him years ago. An ex policeman turned private eye after he retired from police force.

When they could not pay he told them help someone else in return if they have a chance.

I have friend 90 yrs his sister won't make the effect to even ring him. You can tell he is lonely from tone voice. People and family members forget that they get lonely ...put in a retirement home and forgotten. He is the sweetest man. He used go out of his way to help anyone. I worked for him years ago. An ex policeman turned private eye after he retired from police force.

When they could not pay he told them help someone else in return if they have a chance.
Sure, I hear that. Lot of wonderful people in aged care. It's a shame about family, but I learnt a long time ago- it was over-rated. Always been a free bird. If your own family isn't any good- go make yourself a new one with friends. And that's what's great about internet- at least people can engage. Yes, loneliness is a terrible thing for some, but for others I know a friend of my old Dad, they were best friends and would sit for hours not saying a word. Perhaps I'm chip off the old block. Born in 1911 was Dad.