This strange product at Bunnings is making shoppers hysterical—find out why!

Quirky shopping finds can add a touch of humour to our daily lives.

Sometimes, the line between quirky and questionable can be as thin as the pages of a catalogue.

This week, a particular item has been turning heads and sparking laughter among Bunnings shoppers—and it's not a typical garden product.

The product causing a stir is the Lytworx Motion Sensor Laughing Kookaburra—an interesting take on one of Australia's most iconic birds.

For $49, the item aims to 'bring the serenity of the bush to any home or office environment'.

It even boasts 'realistic' features, including sounds that mimic the bird's distinctive call.

'I spotted these in Bunnings the other day and was crying with laughter. They are even more hideous than the photo would suggest,' an amused shopper shared online.

compressed-kookaburra (1).jpeg
One shopper spotted the Lytworx Laughing Kookaburra in stock at Bunnings, saying that the warehouse has ‘outdone themselves’. Image Credit: Reddit/theblackbeltsurfer

The item has been met with ridicule, as Aussies online have found its appearance to be more comical than convincing.

‘That kooka looks like it's been made by a child—a very untalented child,’ one comment read.

‘What an insult to those beautiful, cheeky birds.’

‘The laughing is provided by you when you see it,’ quipped another commenter.

Others have dubbed the attempt at resemblance as 'laughable'.

One customer humorously mistook it as an 'angry seagull'.

It's not just the aesthetics of the kookaburra light that have people talking. Some shoppers are frustrated over the retailer's choice to stock low-quality goods.

'They should be ashamed of themselves [for] selling this,’ one disgruntled customer remarked.

‘As if the world isn’t full of junk as it is. And yet they try and flog this utter crap.'

'Actual resources, which were created over billions of years and are irreplaceable, were used to create this absurdly hideous and essentially useless monstrosity of a thing,' another lamented.

While the kookaburra light indeed caught the shoppers' attention, it also sparked a conversation about consumerism and the products retailers choose to stock.

With shoppers becoming increasingly conscious of environmental impact and sustainability, the criticism of novelty items reminds us of the importance of thoughtful consumption.

Whether you are in the market for a laugh-inducing kookaburra light or prefer more traditional home decor, we encourage you to consider the longevity of your purchases.
Key Takeaways

• Bunnings shoppers were taken aback by a motion sensor light designed to look like a kookaburra.
  • The device, meant to bring the serenity of the bush to homes or offices, has been ridiculed for its quality and design.
  • Aussies expressed disappointment with Bunnings for selling what they see as low-quality, unnecessary products.
  • Shoppers criticised the environmental impact of producing such 'useless' items, questioning the use of resources to create them.
Have you come across any bizarre or hilarious items on your shopping trips? Share your stories and quirky items with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
I live in the country and have met many kookaburras... I would not realized that was one of them if it didn't say it in the box...

Moreover, if I was at home and came face to face with that... I WOULD BE SCARED HALF TO DEATH!!! It looks terrifying!!! I'd hate to put that near children!!!

I live in the country and have met many kookaburras... I would not realized that was one of them if it didn't say it in the box...

Moreover, if I was at home and came face to face with that... I WOULD BE SCARED HALF TO DEATH!!! It looks terrifying!!! I'd hate to put that near children!!!
Don't quote me on this, but some would take this as an idea to shoo unruly children away from their property 🤣

Reactions: Littleboy8