This pre-made salad ‘fail’ at Woolworths left a shopper in hysterics!

Buying pre-made salads is a great time-saving option, especially if you lack the energy to chop and grate large quantities of fresh vegetables.

Furthermore, when we shop at trusted Australian supermarkets like Woolworths, we naturally expect the highest quality produce.

But what about pre-made salads? Do they consistently meet our standards of freshness and taste?

Well, one Woolworths shopper recently had a hilarious experience when she discovered a 'retro' addition to her Classic Slaw Mix Salad bag.

In a light-hearted social media post, the NSW customer was left surprised when she noticed a large whole, unpeeled carrot among the usually shredded cabbage and carrot slices in her salad bag.

compressed-photo (2).jpeg
A Woolworths shopper was astonished when they stumbled upon a whole, unpeeled carrot within their salad mix. Source: Twitter

'CLASSIC! Looks like I have to grate the carrot myself, didn't know it was RETRO, too.' she posted.

The shopper, who purchased her Classic Slaw Mix Salad from Woolworths Tahmoor, took the unexpected carrot discovery in stride.

'No big deal, pretty funny really. I'll check a bit closer next time!' the shopper added.

In response, a Woolworths spokesperson apologised for the mix-up and reminded customers of their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.

'Please know that as per our 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Policy, you're welcome to return in-store with your receipt or packaging to receive a refund or replacement.' a representative stated.

Key Takeaways
  • A Woolworths shopper spotted a funny mistake in a popular fresh produce buy.
  • The customer found a large whole, unpeeled carrot in the supermarket's Classic Slaw Mix Salad bag.
  • The shopper shared the humorous discovery on social media and said she would check the contents more closely next time.
  • A Woolworths spokesperson apologised for the mix-up and encouraged the customer to return the item in-store for a refund or replacement under their 100% Satisfaction Guarantee Policy.

Remember, if you ever find yourself facing a similar situation, don't hesitate to let your local supermarket know—they're happy to help!

We're curious: Have you ever encountered a humorous or surprising moment while shopping for pre-made salads or other food items? We'd love to hear your stories and experiences!

Sponsored
I always made all my salads except now only being 2 of us I sometimes buy a medium coleslaw but still make the others,,,,I was with an aunt and friend out to lunch once at a hotel,,,,my lunch had salad with it,,imagine my surprise when I scooped up some and found the plastic pull out top of a wine bottle hidden away,,,I took it up to the bar and complained about not checking the salad before plating up,,,I wasn't asking for much,,,I was giving a free orange juice and an apology

Nope, they should have reimbursed you your meal. If at any time you find any foreign matter in your meal they should give you back your money. A wine bottle top shouldn't be anywhere near a kitchen. Gone are the days when the pubs, clubs and restaurants were worried what we really thought about. If you are going out and paying good money for a meal, it had better be exactly what was advertised because if not your revue of the meal is going to be precisely what you got.

Reactions: anouch
Wouldn't she have noticed the difference in the weight of the bag? I think I would have done lol