This Personal Trainer Eats $6.95 Yum Cha Pork Gyozas for Weight Loss–Are They Your Secret Weapon Too?

More and more tasty low-calorie options are hitting supermarket shelves these days, but those of us who want to lose weight or even just stay healthy are usually left wondering exactly which ones should end up in our shopping baskets.

With so much to choose from, it can be hard to know where to begin–so it's great when someone goes out of their way to genuinely recommend a product without being paid to do so.

Australian personal trainer Freezma has recently gone viral for recommending Woolworths' $6.95 Yum Cha Japanese Pork Gyoza, a snack he happily eats frequently to maintain his slim figure.

photo.jpg
The Yum Cha Pork & Chive Gyoza 250g is on sale this week for $6, but it’s usually sold for $6.95. Image source: Woolworths.

After Freezma shared the $6.95 meal with his followers, the video has since been viewed over 1.4 million times, and the gyozas momentarily were unavailable for purchase online (we checked: as of posting, shoppers can ‘add to cart’ again!).

In the video, Freezma recommends the meal for those looking to lose weight.

'Now I might get in trouble for this because if this goes viral, these could sell out, and my girlfriend has them in her diet every single day,' jokes Freezma in the video.

He then further endorses the health credentials of the snack by pointing out that for only $6.95, a packet of ten gyozas contains just 320 calories and 28g of protein.

'You can eat this whole pack of gyozas–all ten of them–for only 320 calories and hit 28g of protein! Absolutely unreal,' he said.

In the caption, he further explains why you should make this item your go-to weight-loss snack.

'The amount of protein you get for such a low number of calories is quite insane, and being a steamed product, they’re sure to keep you full longer,' Freezma added.

In the comment section, there was a lot of praise for the recommendation, with many agreeing that the pork gyozas were a great option for weight loss.

'Love my gyozas staple in my diet. Lost 15kg so far. I add them in low sodium broth with heaps of green leafy veg for a longer fuller feeling,' one wrote.

However, some of his followers pointed out that a potential downside to the product might be the high sodium content–an ingredient that should definitely be kept track of if you're serious about dieting or if you have conditions like hypertension.

'High in sodium, so in moderation,' one wrote, as another agreed and said: 'Sodium [is] way too high.'

The nutrition label on the back of the packet reveals that there's 218.8mg of sodium per serving or 875mg per 100g, so it's definitely something to watch out for.

Key Takeaways
  • An Australian personal trainer, Freezma, recommends the $6.95 Yum Cha Japanese Pork Gyoza from Woolworths for weight loss.
  • Each packet of the gyozas contains 320 calories and 28g of protein, which Freezma claims is an 'absolute game changer' for weight loss.
  • Despite its popularity and 1.4 million views on video, some critics have pointed towards the product's high sodium content as a negative.
  • According to the nutritional label, each serving of gyozas contains 218.8mg of sodium or 875mg per 100g.

Members, if you’re after a healthier option to satiate some hunger, Woolworths’ Yum Cha Japanese Pork Gyoza could be a delicious way to go.

While we don’t recommend going too crazy with it and only eating it in moderation, for only 320 calories per pack, this snack can certainly be a part of your weight loss journey as long as you keep track of the sodium! And remember, always consult with a doctors before altering your diet.

What do you think of this story, members? Have you already tried these gyozas yourself? Or maybe you plan on trying them? Tell us in the comments section below.

Sponsored
Pork (44%), Cabbage, Wheat Flour (15%), Chives (10%), Water, Sugar, Salt, Soy Sauce, Flavour Enhancer (621) with these ingredients I wouldn't touch them with a barge poll. Wheat flour is inflammatory, sugar in there too and the worst one. MSG. No thanks
Well Muslims won't be using this as a weight reduction method...

I think this guy needs to go to Specsavers. The protein is 2.8g, NOT 28 as he stated

I don't believe you have to eat something special to lose weight just eat less and walk a lot
Exactly right.....people eat too much these days, especially if they don't exercise. If you can't burn the calories you eat, small healthy meals is the way to go. I cringe when I see people eating those huge hamburgers ! 👀🙉yuk