This one easy hack will have your shower head looking cleaner than ever!

If you had to ask us here at the SDC what we like best about a good cleaning hack, we'd say that it's the fact that they don’t require any special (or typically pricey) tools or materials.

That is why we’re really excited to share with you guys a super simple cleaning hack that involves using something you probably already have in your pantry: white vinegar!

Yes, that's right - the same stuff you use to cook can also be used to clean your faucet or your shower head!

All you need is a plastic bag and some string (or a rubber band), and you're good to go.

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 2.00.48 PM.png
Using a common household item, you can clean your shower head at home. Credit: Pexels/Karolina Grabowska.

Here's how it works: fill up the bag with vinegar, tie it around your shower head so it's completely submerged, and leave it for 15 minutes.

After that, simply remove the bag and rinse off your shower head with some warm water. Voila! Instant results.

We know what you're thinking - won't my whole bathroom smell like vinegar? Not necessarily!

If there is any residual smell left behind after rinsing off your shower head, simply open up a window or turn on the exhaust fan while you finish getting ready for your day (or evening). The vinegar smell should dissipate quickly enough.

If you're still not convinced, then check out this video that shows the process in action. Two content creators decided to put this hack to the test, and what they found was pretty disgusting. But don't take our word for it - see for yourself!

As you can see, there was a pretty significant build-up of gunk on (and inside) the shower head - and they had no idea it was there!

If you don't feel like watching the whole video, the highlights are near the end when they show the results of the vinegar-bag shower head cleaning hack. Let's just say they were pretty shocked (and slightly disgusted) by what they found.

But don't worry - this hack isn't just for homeowners with gross showers. If you live in an area with hard water, then it's likely that your shower head has a build-up of calcium deposits, which is totally normal.

This hack is an easy and effective way to clean those deposits and get your shower head looking and functioning like new again.

So there you have it, members! Next time you're looking for an easy way to clean your shower head, give this vinegar-bag hack a try. You might just be surprised by what you find.

If you’re looking for more uses for your trusty vinegar at home, check out this video! (And as always, please feel free to add more tips and suggestions in the comments below!)

Credit: Clean My Space.

Sponsored
How's your little fella? Let me know how you get on today calling the animal welfare 🙏
He should be coming home today, just waiting to hear from the vet, if the night was uneventful and if they can get him to eat some food he can do the rest of his convalescence at home. It was a very worrying weekend but fingers crossed a good outcome. :)

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I use vinegar know and again to rinse my hair to get residue out if I’ve used a lot of product on it Also good for that extra clean on the ( girly bits )

Reactions: Ricci
Is pure vinegar the same as cleaning vinegar??
Will vinegar damage the shower heads if they are stainless steel??

And the chips were wrapped in newspaper.
Once when I told my kids to try vinegar on their chips they looked at me like I was crazy.
They never did try it and for some reason when I put a sprinkle on my chips it just didn't taste the same 🤔
That was one of the highlights of my childhood, we would be playing outside, then come in and Mum would make uss chips wrapped in newspaper, while we watched a Deanna Durban or Frances the talking Mule movie ( black and white Tv) 🥰

If you had to ask us here at the SDC what we like best about a good cleaning hack, we'd say that it's the fact that they don’t require any special (or typically pricey) tools or materials.

That is why we’re really excited to share with you guys a super simple cleaning hack that involves using something you probably already have in your pantry: white vinegar!

Yes, that's right - the same stuff you use to cook can also be used to clean your faucet or your shower head!

All you need is a plastic bag and some string (or a rubber band), and you're good to go.

View attachment 8903
Using a common household item, you can clean your shower head at home. Credit: Pexels/Karolina Grabowska.

Here's how it works: fill up the bag with vinegar, tie it around your shower head so it's completely submerged, and leave it for 15 minutes.

After that, simply remove the bag and rinse off your shower head with some warm water. Voila! Instant results.

We know what you're thinking - won't my whole bathroom smell like vinegar? Not necessarily!

If there is any residual smell left behind after rinsing off your shower head, simply open up a window or turn on the exhaust fan while you finish getting ready for your day (or evening). The vinegar smell should dissipate quickly enough.

If you're still not convinced, then check out this video that shows the process in action. Two content creators decided to put this hack to the test, and what they found was pretty disgusting. But don't take our word for it - see for yourself!

As you can see, there was a pretty significant build-up of gunk on (and inside) the shower head - and they had no idea it was there!

If you don't feel like watching the whole video, the highlights are near the end when they show the results of the vinegar-bag shower head cleaning hack. Let's just say they were pretty shocked (and slightly disgusted) by what they found.

But don't worry - this hack isn't just for homeowners with gross showers. If you live in an area with hard water, then it's likely that your shower head has a build-up of calcium deposits, which is totally normal.

This hack is an easy and effective way to clean those deposits and get your shower head looking and functioning like new again.

So there you have it, members! Next time you're looking for an easy way to clean your shower head, give this vinegar-bag hack a try. You might just be surprised by what you find.

If you’re looking for more uses for your trusty vinegar at home, check out this video! (And as always, please feel free to add more tips and suggestions in the comments below!)

Credit: Clean My Space.

I always use White Vinger to wash my tiled floors through the house.
It brings them up so clean & no residue left behind