This 'nasty' Macca’s's video will make you think twice about eating their food

We all know that fast food isn't the healthiest option out there, but we also know that sometimes it's just so darn delicious and convenient that we can't resist giving in to temptation every now and then. Take McDonald’s for example. The food is cheap, tasty, and there's just something about that juicy, greasy goodness that hits the spot every time.

While we all know that Maccas isn't exactly fine dining, most of us turn a blind eye to the reality of what goes into our food when craving something quick and easy.

But this week, one Twitter user decided to shine a light on the dark secret behind one of McDonald's most popular menu items.

A recent video shared on the popular social media site Twitter has revealed the 'nasty' truth behind the McRib burger, and let's just say, many customers are vowing to never order it again.

The footage shows frozen blocks of the ‘rib’ product being slapped onto a grill in batches of six. The items appeared to be ‘pre-formed’ to look like slabs of meat. Once the pieces are taken off the grill, they are placed directly into pull-out containers filled with a thick, brown barbecue sauce.

maccas1.JPG
Do you know how your favourite food is made? Credit: Polina Tankilevitch in Pexels

Finally, the ribs are then placed onto a bun that has been topped with lettuce, pickles, and onion slices. The entire meal is then scooped into a box and sent down a chute to the customer.

The person who uploaded the video suggested that the ribs could barely be considered food, writing: ‘Can this even be considered food? A McDonald's worker decides to reveal how a McRib is made.’

It’s unclear which store the footage was filmed inside, however, it can be assumed that most branches would follow similar processes for their meals.

Since being posted online, the clip has been viewed more than 6.7 million times with many viewers expressing their disgust at what they've seen. Many of them have ‘vowed’ to never buy the meal again.

maccas2.JPG
The video shows a worker drenching the pieces of meat in barbecue sauce. Credit: MikeSington on Twitter

‘I just threw up in my mouth. Just a little,’ said one person. Another commented that the meat looked like a ‘fried kitchen sponge soaked in BBQ sauce’.

A third commented: ‘Wow, I don’t eat pork but wow that’s nasty.’

However, others were less offended and said that this is just what frozen food looks like.

Someone wrote: ‘Were you under the impression that they were actually smoking and deboning ribs back there.’

‘It’s frozen meat, reheated with sauce on it. I don’t see a surprise here. It’s fast food,’ another one said.

McDonald’s has been contacted to comment on the video but are yet to reply.

You can watch the video here:

Key Takeaways

• The McDonald's McRib is made from frozen blocks of meat that are grilled and then placed in a container of sauce.
  • The process is then repeated for each order.
  • Many people are shocked and disgusted by the process, while others say they will continue to order the McRib.
  • McDonald’s Australia does not currently stock the McRib.
What can you say about this, dear members? If you want a simple, fresh home cooked meal, you can head to our recipe forum here for some lunch or dinner ideas!

Reactions: Ricci
Sponsored
I haven't eaten maccas for more then 10 years now over an instore discussion over presentation and the fact that the meat did not appear properly cooked.
I saw a recipe think it was on this side for a cheese Burger. That I now make for myself and grandkids, it takes about 13 minutes. Two weeks ago my grandson rated them as 'better than Maccas'.

Attachments

• IMG_20221104_202126.jpg
    IMG_20221104_202126.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 0
We all know that fast food isn't the healthiest option out there, but we also know that sometimes it's just so darn delicious and convenient that we can't resist giving in to temptation every now and then. Take McDonald’s for example. The food is cheap, tasty, and there's just something about that juicy, greasy goodness that hits the spot every time.

While we all know that Maccas isn't exactly fine dining, most of us turn a blind eye to the reality of what goes into our food when craving something quick and easy.

But this week, one Twitter user decided to shine a light on the dark secret behind one of McDonald's most popular menu items.

A recent video shared on the popular social media site Twitter has revealed the 'nasty' truth behind the McRib burger, and let's just say, many customers are vowing to never order it again.

The footage shows frozen blocks of the ‘rib’ product being slapped onto a grill in batches of six. The items appeared to be ‘pre-formed’ to look like slabs of meat. Once the pieces are taken off the grill, they are placed directly into pull-out containers filled with a thick, brown barbecue sauce.

View attachment 7909
Do you know how your favourite food is made? Credit: Polina Tankilevitch in Pexels

Finally, the ribs are then placed onto a bun that has been topped with lettuce, pickles, and onion slices. The entire meal is then scooped into a box and sent down a chute to the customer.

The person who uploaded the video suggested that the ribs could barely be considered food, writing: ‘Can this even be considered food? A McDonald's worker decides to reveal how a McRib is made.’

It’s unclear which store the footage was filmed inside, however, it can be assumed that most branches would follow similar processes for their meals.

Since being posted online, the clip has been viewed more than 6.7 million times with many viewers expressing their disgust at what they've seen. Many of them have ‘vowed’ to never buy the meal again.

View attachment 7910
The video shows a worker drenching the pieces of meat in barbecue sauce. Credit: MikeSington on Twitter

‘I just threw up in my mouth. Just a little,’ said one person. Another commented that the meat looked like a ‘fried kitchen sponge soaked in BBQ sauce’.

However, others were less offended and said that this is just what frozen food looks like.

Someone wrote: ‘Were you under the impression that they were actually smoking and deboning ribs back there.’

‘It’s frozen meat, reheated with sauce on it. I don’t see a surprise here. It’s fast food,’ another one said.

Key Takeaways

• The McDonald's McRib is made from frozen blocks of meat that are grilled and then placed in a container of sauce.
  • Many people are shocked and disgusted by the process, while others say they will continue to order the McRib.
What can you say about this, dear members? If you want a simple, fresh home cooked meal, you can head to our recipe forum here for some lunch or dinner ideas!

I can add further about MacDonalds. Their forced attitude about using their Shop Auto order Machines is a disaster for us to use. I was in their Chinderah Store and had problems trying to use this machine, and cancelled the order so as to manually order. The staff just ignored me, and concentrated their attention to everyone getting ordered meals. I was invisible to their eyes! . I and my wife walked out to another food shop, who handled manual orders.
I am computer literate, but their system is clunky and slow - keeping in mind, they want you to do their order work to save costs. We now avoid MacDonalds wherever possible.

Reactions: Ricci and Macarj
I wasn't aware that they served ribs. Wow behind the times. Went to a Maccas at shopping centre foodcourt and was confronted with a self-serve menu order machine. I sit at a computer all day every day - I'll be damned if I order my food at one. Walked away to another food store where people actually served you!

Reactions: Ricci and Wandiwa
I haven't eaten at Maccas in an absolute age, probably more than 30 years. Tried it once but as what you got bore no resemblance to the pictures of what you should get I decided there had to be better on offer elsewhere.;)

I don't see anything I wouldn't expect, and I still eat Maccas. It's a junk treat for me every few weeks, and I know it's not real food, but I like it!

View attachment 7909

View attachment 7910

Key Takeaways

I have already given Maccas the big heave ho...... Hungries is my choice and that is not very often, the soft serve being my favorite, yes I know how its made and what it is made off, but every now and then its a bloody great treat.

If we took a back room look at most fast food places there would be lots to worry about. If you dont like it dont eat it. And if you are going to eat it stop looking for problems. I'm sure this has been done for a long time and so far no one has complained....much.

If there was a camera in you’re kitchen, would you’re family or friends eat it?
Give these poor kids a go, they work hard and it is probably their first job.
They could be you’re kids or grandkids.
Maybe a camera in other eateries would be the same or worse.
Stinker

Reactions: terri and Ricci