This mum's 'tinsel tree' hack is the perfect solution if you're short on space!

A lot of us love the Christmas season. It's a time to get together with friends and family, celebrate, and indulge in some of our favourite holiday traditions.

However, for some people – especially those living in smaller houses or apartments – the holiday season can be a stressful time as they try to find enough storage space for all their Christmas decor.

After all, there's only so much room you can make when you don't have an entire spare room (or garage) to store your decorations! And let's not even get started on trying to find places to put the tree...

If this describes your yearly struggle, we may have found the solution for you. An Australian woman named Michelle has come up with an ingeniously simple way to save space when it comes to putting up your Christmas tree – and it looks amazing!

Screenshot_3.png
Michelle’s ‘tinsel tree’ looks like it came straight from a store’s catalogue. Credit: Instagram/@lookwhat_i_found

Michelle took to Instagram to share her amazing festive hack on her account called ‘Look What I Found’, where she regularly features interesting products.

Her short video first showed what she needed for her budget ‘tinsel tree’, which are:
Please note: These materials are for two tinsel trees, as shown in the image above.

So, now that we have that settled, let’s see how Michelle crafted her ‘tinsel tree’!

First, she wrapped the Kmart tinsel around the cones, tying the edges with the garden wire as she went. She also made sure to have the battery component at ground level!

Once she had the cone completely covered in tinsel, she then worked on the pots.

Getting some old ones from her garden, she then proceeded to paint the pots white.

She then placed the tinsel in the pot and turned the batteries on.

Lastly, she placed the neat-looking ‘tinsel tree’ in her entryway — and the whole thing looks amazing!

Unsurprisingly, Michelle’s video had many users singing praises about her ‘tinsel tree’ hack!

‘Love this!’ one user said, ‘You inspired me to do the same!’

‘Perfect for my classroom,' another user thought.

And one user thought it was the perfect pet-proof hack: ‘Maybe this can be our Christmas tree this year?’ They commented, tagging a loved one and adding ‘Puppy safe!’

Screenshot_5.png
Michelle fastened the tinsel using garden wire. Credit: Instagram/@lookwhat_i_found

On the topic of items from Bunnings — they released 200 new products for this year’s holiday season, so you might want to take a look while you think about how to decorate your home!

Though, you might also be thinking it’s still too early to put up anything Christmas-related like these people.

Key Takeaways

• An Australian woman has come up with a clever space-saving solution for Christmas decorations - she has made 'tinsel trees' from scratch using budget products!
  • The 'tinsel trees' are made by wrapping Kmart light-up tinsel around Cone Plant Trainers from Bunnings, and then placing the finished product in an old pot that has been painted white.
  • The 'tinsel trees' are a great solution for those who are short on space, as they are small and can be placed almost anywhere.
So, what do you think about Michelle’s ‘tinsel tree’ hack? Is it something you’re keen on trying for your home?

Or do you know of other simple decorating tips for those with not much space to spare?

Share your suggestions and reactions in the comments section below!

Source: Instagram/@lookwhat_i_found

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
Sponsored
I'm not going to be bothered with putting up Christmas decorations this year. There's only going to be me at home so it's going to be just another day. I might do something special for dinner but really I don't know, it's a lot of hassle for just me.:(🎅🤶🎄
I haven't put up my tree for three years now. I live alone too, and my lot don't come to me now on Christmas morning. I have finally relented, and we have Christmas on Boxing Day. Not my wish but only way I can get them all together for the celebrations. We do it at my daughter's place as I have a grandson in a wheelchair, and he can't get into my house. So rather than miss Christmas with my lot, we have made a compromise.

Know how you feel. Son's always seem to go to in-laws family for Xmas. This happens to me and many of my friends
We always play second fiddle, Boxing day or some other arrangement or sometimes nothing at all.
Son's wake up!!! Your mum would like to occasionally run first.
Same thing happens on Mother's Day.

I'm not going to be bothered with putting up Christmas decorations this year. There's only going to be me at home so it's going to be just another day. I might do something special for dinner but really I don't know, it's a lot of hassle for just me.:(🎅🤶🎄
I feel the same, it's only myself and my husband and quite honestly I can't be bothered, Have not put up decorations for the last 3 or 4 years, Will buy Christmas type food for the day but even that is not really a celebration, I like Traditional English but my husband only wants a bowl full of Prawns!! So nothing really Christmassy there, I will most likely be wearing a Christmas Grinch T/shirt while eating too much sweet stuff and watching one of the streaming channels. Ho Hum