This mum’s genius time-saving trick can cut your weekly supermarket shopping time in HALF

Here at the SDC, we love finding new ways to make our lives a little easier – especially when it comes to grocery shopping.

We all know how frustrating that can be, especially during the peak hours when the supermarket is absolutely packed. You can even spend hours just wandering around the aisles, and before you know it, you’re picking up more things than you actually need.

But what if we told you there was a way to cut your grocery shopping time in half?

Too often we take at least two or three trips carrying our shopping bags from our cars inside our homes.

But according to one mum from Brisbane, there's a very simple way you can cut your grocery shopping time in half – and it all comes down to using flexi tubs instead of traditional shopping bags.

tub1.jpg
Flexi tubs are available at Kmart. Credit: Kmart

Brisbane-based mum, Hailey, uses these $4.50 42L flexi tubs from Kmart on her weekly grocery trips to ALDI.

In a Facebook post, she explained: ‘I always get comments while doing my weekly shop at ALDI due to my use of these tubs instead of bags.’

Hailey revealed that she had used this method of shopping for three years now, and said that it is ‘so, so easy’.

‘I put them in the trolley, do my shop, unload onto the conveyor belt, and reload back into the tubs,’ she revealed in her post.

aldi1 (1).jpg
The mum adds that her ‘hack’ saves her time whenever she shops. Credit: ALDI

She added: ‘I make sure to distribute the weight well and put the heavier stuff at the bottom.’

Then, Hailey lifts the tubs into her car and goes home. She also said she uses the bottom compartment of her child’s pram for lighter items if she feels like she doesn’t have enough space.

‘I have two kids under three years old, and my shopping trip is really fast and easy using this hack,’ Hailey explained.

Many social media users praised Hailey’s genius ‘trick’ – most of them shared that they also used similar hacks to make their grocery shopping easier.

One mum revealed: ‘I use tubs as well – everyone needs to get on board.’

‘I take my washing basket, it’s so convenient and I never have to use plastic bags!’ Someone else added.
Key Takeaways

• A mum has shared a 'genius' supermarket hack that cuts her shopping time in half - and many have called her idea extremely 'smart' and 'practical'.
  • Hailey uses flexi tubs from Kmart instead of shopping bags on her weekly grocery trips.
  • The mum carries two tubs from her home to the shops and does all her shopping around them.
  • This makes it easier for her to bring her groceries home.
  • Hundreds of others commended Hailey's simple hack - and many admitted to using tubs themselves.
Do you have similar ‘time-saving’ grocery hacks, members? We’d love to hear your thoughts so feel free to share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have three white bins in my car and use them as grocery holders. I take two into Aldi with me and fill as I go . At the checkout, I replace them in the tubs and then put them back in the car. I have been doing this for months.

I have trouble picking up bags when they are nearly full - I could never pick up full bins! I am sure that a lot of elderly people could not do this as well
I have three white bins in my car and use them as grocery holders. I take two into Aldi with me and fill as I go . At the checkout, I replace them in the tubs and then put them back in the car. I have been doing this for months.
I take a plastic basket (bunnings size) shopping with me when I do ’a few things ‘ shop. I only buy then what I can carry. This has stopped me from adding those extra things we always see when we don’t really need them. Quicker and cheaper shopping for me. Easier for checkout operators to pack also. At Aldi I just pack it back in basket. Fruit and veg just go straight into the basket, no plastic at all.

Reactions: RTS
I use these tubs for my washing but will now consider using them for shopping. With a 2-story house & being older, I have to tie something between the handles as I can't stretch my hands to reach both handles at the same time. I have a stair lift that enables me to travel up & down with ease so I can take the washing from the bedrooms to the laundry without too much effort. I always carry in my handbag a supply of lightweight washable bags, for my fruit & veg, I made them myself in various sizes as an ex-dressmaker I had lots of offcuts with which to work.

Reactions: IJH
I have trouble picking up bags when they are nearly full - I could never pick up full bins! I am sure that a lot of elderly people could not do this as well
I agree . Some of the bags can become heavy very quickly with items of 1+.kg or glass and can containers.

Reactions: TheBear
I started packing my loose shopping into bags in my car because I forgot to take the bags into the shop. It worked so well that I always do it now.

Reactions: Elbe
Here at the SDC, we love finding new ways to make our lives a little easier – especially when it comes to grocery shopping.

We all know how frustrating that can be, especially during the peak hours when the supermarket is absolutely packed. You can even spend hours just wandering around the aisles, and before you know it, you’re picking up more things than you actually need.

But what if we told you there was a way to cut your grocery shopping time in half?

Too often we take at least two or three trips carrying our shopping bags from our cars inside our homes.

But according to one mum from Brisbane, there's a very simple way you can cut your grocery shopping time in half – and it all comes down to using flexi tubs instead of traditional shopping bags.

View attachment 8881
Flexi tubs are available at Kmart. Credit: Kmart

Brisbane-based mum, Hailey, uses these $4.50 42L flexi tubs from Kmart on her weekly grocery trips to ALDI.

In a Facebook post, she explained: ‘I always get comments while doing my weekly shop at ALDI due to my use of these tubs instead of bags.’

Hailey revealed that she had used this method of shopping for three years now, and said that it is ‘so, so easy’.

‘I put them in the trolley, do my shop, unload onto the conveyor belt, and reload back into the tubs,’ she revealed in her post.

View attachment 8882
The mum adds that her ‘hack’ saves her time whenever she shops. Credit: ALDI

She added: ‘I make sure to distribute the weight well and put the heavier stuff at the bottom.’

Then, Hailey lifts the tubs into her car and goes home. She also said she uses the bottom compartment of her child’s pram for lighter items if she feels like she doesn’t have enough space.

‘I have two kids under three years old, and my shopping trip is really fast and easy using this hack,’ Hailey explained.

Many social media users praised Hailey’s genius ‘trick’ – most of them shared that they also used similar hacks to make their grocery shopping easier.

One mum revealed: ‘I use tubs as well – everyone needs to get on board.’

‘I take my washing basket, it’s so convenient and I never have to use plastic bags!’ Someone else added.
Key Takeaways

• A mum has shared a 'genius' supermarket hack that cuts her shopping time in half - and many have called her idea extremely 'smart' and 'practical'.
  • Hailey uses flexi tubs from Kmart instead of shopping bags on her weekly grocery trips.
  • The mum carries two tubs from her home to the shops and does all her shopping around them.
  • This makes it easier for her to bring her groceries home.
  • Hundreds of others commended Hailey's simple hack - and many admitted to using tubs themselves.
Do you have similar ‘time-saving’ grocery hacks, members? We’d love to hear your thoughts so feel free to share them in the comments below!
That is a great idea, but if the tub is too big and you fill it up, then it is too heavy to lift into your car!

Reactions: TheBear and Jennie