This 'miracle' cleaning product will have your shower looking brand new in no time!

Cleaning a dirty shower is one of the most frustrating chores. The dirt and grime seem to just reappear as soon as you finish scrubbing. It's like the shower is mocking us. But it has to be done because who wants to use a gross shower?

If you find this relatable, then we've got good news for you!

A mum has recently made the rounds on social media after she revealed her secret to effectively transforming her 'putrid' shower into sparkling clean.

Sharing her tip on the Mums Who Clean Facebook group, the woman claimed that she had anticipated needing to clean the shower's glass doors several times, but after only one scrub, they were spotless.

w2HEXAZkxRIFZf7_IzUT_zMWBuEr5yic5LOn7RZ6O5Vkx2zn_lELLqDtatItywjQAAfmIIK5l35LQcvc0GWler7RcFHxuTZVbF-AcinkmLHPSgGRIqWF7nZ8oeoC-sZdNlIUtzMj_P0LrjgFeGs_NwEgRVZ76CjiWCzU3JLCW0h98bmFhamUeNi-
d0Qzr8Yo3jmk0j-eqsKBuRBDrqw2scR8DHjdrgVvrUmoy4sUJM7qwrzVNlb9Ydo5c8We8e2MciZgfB8TH15S8Tp18U0XbPMLAKrMLj5uVWt2CbWEOVEdQjnbhqy2bec_1C7IgNxv4S7lfCLsbOFpZyRt6Ukhes90yZONrMTiFzgPrZ5-9T-EmAg8

Before and after photos of the mum’s shower after she used a cleaning tip she learned from her friend. Credit? Facebook/Mums Who Clean.

So, what exactly is her secret?

The mum revealed that she used Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser and polish after a friend recommended it to her, saying that she was having a difficult time cleaning the shower in her new apartment because the previous renters had left it unattended.

She wrote: 'We moved into our home 2.5 months ago and the previous tenants had not cleaned the shower at all. It was absolutely putrid.'

'When I broke out the Bar Keeper's Friend I was expecting to have to have a number of goes but it was one and done!'

The woman shared that she made a ‘watery paste’ by combining Bar Keeper's Friend powder with water, then used a scourer to wipe and gently brush the soap scum off the shower.

She claimed that after several rinses, the white Bar Keeper's Friend residue that mixed in with the grime had been removed.

'Once the glass/surfaces don't have that white residue, dry with a soft glass microfibre cloth or wet the surface again and squeegee dry. Just water and Bar Keeper's Friend is all you need,' she added.

SKAR6GdVB3AsEYM8sAKm5g8HYsIAN8u5H3SlHqRYn4Ap7GYFoDvRMtQzYuT60Ul45ixThaQ9U5sDu4SdG-OdWEChS759Y-jkX3CKg3NNj7tQL7bTmAeYkoGkFmXVRfUSppyvQJcYBjlvBGLGcxhfG96V3hTcwm8iylvDhj9b4sUrAEYeZziqF6dd

The mum said that she used the Bar Keeper’s Friend Cleanser and Polish to clean her shower. Credit: Bar Keeper’s Friend.

The post has captured the attention of dozens of group members who praised the mum for her job 'well done'.

Others pointed out that the results of the cleaning process look 'very satisfying'.

One woman raved: 'Running to the shop to buy this miracle product.'

'I have only ever used BKF on steel things so I must try on my glass shower now! Thanks!' another said.

A third chimed in: 'I have a similar issue and this gives me hope.'

For those of you who are looking to 'manually' get rid of the 'putrid' smell of your shower, we recommend pinpointing the root of the problem first.

The common problem with showers is that they are often wet and humid even after use and these conditions create the perfect environment for mould and mildew to grow. And once those little guys get a foothold, they are very difficult to get rid of.

The best way to clean a shower is to prevent mould and mildew from growing in the first place. Here are some tips:

• Keep the shower clean. That means wiping down the walls and doors after every shower and scrubbing the floor at least once a week.
  • Use a squeegee to remove water from the walls and doors after each shower. This will help keep the shower dry and make it easier to clean.
  • Use an anti-mould spray in the shower. This will help keep mould and mildew at bay.
  • Keep the bathroom ventilated. This will help keep the air dry and discourage mould and mildew from growing.

Follow these tips and you'll be able to keep your shower clean and mould-free. And that's something we can all be thankful for.

Do you know other tricks for effectively cleaning the shower? Share them with us in the comments below so other members can use them too!

Sponsored
I just added to my coles order. When it comes to cleaning products I will try most. I got this product more to clean the bottom of my saucepans .

I now love the vinegar and washing detergent mixture for my tiles and bath so I will stick to that for my bathroom and kitchen

Reactions: Jennylolo and Ricci
Cleaning a dirty shower is one of the most frustrating chores. The dirt and grime seem to just reappear as soon as you finish scrubbing. It's like the shower is mocking us. But it has to be done because who wants to use a gross shower?

A mum has recently made the rounds on social media after she revealed her secret to effectively transforming her 'putrid' shower into sparkling clean.

Sharing her tip on the Mums Who Clean Facebook group, the woman claimed that she had anticipated needing to clean the shower's glass doors several times, but after only one scrub, they were spotless.

w2HEXAZkxRIFZf7_IzUT_zMWBuEr5yic5LOn7RZ6O5Vkx2zn_lELLqDtatItywjQAAfmIIK5l35LQcvc0GWler7RcFHxuTZVbF-AcinkmLHPSgGRIqWF7nZ8oeoC-sZdNlIUtzMj_P0LrjgFeGs_NwEgRVZ76CjiWCzU3JLCW0h98bmFhamUeNi-
d0Qzr8Yo3jmk0j-eqsKBuRBDrqw2scR8DHjdrgVvrUmoy4sUJM7qwrzVNlb9Ydo5c8We8e2MciZgfB8TH15S8Tp18U0XbPMLAKrMLj5uVWt2CbWEOVEdQjnbhqy2bec_1C7IgNxv4S7lfCLsbOFpZyRt6Ukhes90yZONrMTiFzgPrZ5-9T-EmAg8

Before and after photos of the mum’s shower after she used a cleaning tip she learned from her friend. Credit? Facebook/Mums Who Clean.

The mum revealed that she used Bar Keeper's Friend cleanser and polish after a friend recommended it to her, saying that she was having a difficult time cleaning the shower in her new apartment because the previous renters had left it unattended.

She wrote: 'We moved into our home 2.5 months ago and the previous tenants had not cleaned the shower at all. It was absolutely putrid.'

'When I broke out the Bar Keeper's Friend I was expecting to have to have a number of goes but it was one and done!'

The woman shared that she made a ‘watery paste’ by combining Bar Keeper's Friend powder with water, then used a scourer to wipe and gently brush the soap scum off the shower.

She claimed that after several rinses, the white Bar Keeper's Friend residue that mixed in with the grime had been removed.

'Once the glass/surfaces don't have that white residue, dry with a soft glass microfibre cloth or wet the surface again and squeegee dry. Just water and Bar Keeper's Friend is all you need,' she added.

SKAR6GdVB3AsEYM8sAKm5g8HYsIAN8u5H3SlHqRYn4Ap7GYFoDvRMtQzYuT60Ul45ixThaQ9U5sDu4SdG-OdWEChS759Y-jkX3CKg3NNj7tQL7bTmAeYkoGkFmXVRfUSppyvQJcYBjlvBGLGcxhfG96V3hTcwm8iylvDhj9b4sUrAEYeZziqF6dd

The mum said that she used the Bar Keeper’s Friend Cleanser and Polish to clean her shower. Credit: Bar Keeper’s Friend.

The post has captured the attention of dozens of group members who praised the mum for her job 'well done'.

Others pointed out that the results of the cleaning process look 'very satisfying'.

'I have only ever used BKF on steel things so I must try on my glass shower now! Thanks!' another said.

For those of you who are looking to 'manually' get rid of the 'putrid' smell of your shower, we recommend pinpointing the root of the problem first.

The common problem with showers is that they are often wet and humid even after use and these conditions create the perfect environment for mould and mildew to grow. And once those little guys get a foothold, they are very difficult to get rid of.

The best way to clean a shower is to prevent mould and mildew from growing in the first place. Here are some tips:

• Keep the shower clean. That means wiping down the walls and doors after every shower and scrubbing the floor at least once a week.
  • Use a squeegee to remove water from the walls and doors after each shower. This will help keep the shower dry and make it easier to clean.
  • Use an anti-mould spray in the shower. This will help keep mould and mildew at bay.
  • Keep the bathroom ventilated. This will help keep the air dry and discourage mould and mildew from growing.

Follow these tips and you'll be able to keep your shower clean and mould-free. And that's something we can all be thankful for.

Do you know other tricks for effectively cleaning the shower? Share them with us in the comments below so other members can use them too!
I have never seen this product, where can I find it please

Reactions: Jennylolo and Ricci
I use bleach like White Power or Janola. I put rubber gloves on and an old bathmat on the floor and wipe the walls over with the bleach. if there are any mouldy spots I use a toothbrush on the grouting. Then do the floor. Leave it on overnight and the next day just rinse off before you shower, it should be clean. I wipe over the walls and floor down with my facecloth every time after my shower, before I put it in the washing, so just need to do the bleach clean every couple of weeks.

Reactions: Jennylolo

try Shower Sparkle!