This Melbourne-based accounting platform could save you over $3,000 a year

Running a small business is tough; just ask Maddie and Jonathan.

From the business owners who wake up well before dawn to open their stores, to those who burn the midnight oil long after their family has gone to bed. Australia’s 2.3 million small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) business owners work longer hours, take less leave and suffer from more stress* than the average worker. It takes courage, sweat and tears to start and run a business.

One of the biggest contributors to this lack of work/life balance is the unexpected time that business owners spend on financial admin tasks* that take up their day, or keep them up at night.

Even though good financial management* is cited by business owners as the number one factor in running a successful business, most business owners struggle to carve out the time required to do it properly.

Small businesses have long been burdened with high accounting and tax compliance costs. On average, these businesses spend over $3,000 each year to meet their financial obligations*, often struggling to keep up with the complex and ever-changing tax regulations.

But, there is some good news.

Thriday, a Melbourne-based business*, recognised this challenge and is committed to providing a solution that empowers small business owners across Australia. So, whether you’re a sole trader, consultant, Uber driver, handyman, tradie, photographer or creative freelancer, Thriday can help you*.

Screen Shot 2023-09-14 at 10.34.24 am.png
For all kinds of businesses. Image Credit: Thriday via Unsplash

In fact, Thriday* recently announced the results of its 12-month longitudinal study* into the cost of accounting and tax. During the study, Thriday asked 20 customers to track their regular spending on accounting and tax at the same time as using Thriday*.

The results?

By embracing Thriday's AI-driven approach, customers were able to significantly reduce their accounting and tax-related expenses, saving more than $3,000 annually*.

Thriday customer Jodie* was one of the participants, ‘In the past, I would pay a bookkeeper about $40 an hour to go through my books, code transactions and track my GST. In addition, I was using MYOB, which cost me about $50 a month. When it came to lodging my BAS and tax, that was another $500 each time. With Thriday, it’s $29.95 a month plus a small fee for BAS and tax lodgment. That’s it! Not only is it cheaper, but it also saves me a huge amount of time as everything is automated.’

Now, let’s look at what it can do for you*.

How does it work?

1. Automated Accounting:
Thriday's AI technology automates day-to-day accounting tasks, such as data entry, categorisation, and reconciliation*. This reduces the time and effort required to maintain financial records, allowing you to focus on what matters most—growing your business.

2. Tax Returns Made Easy:
Thriday simplifies the tax filing process*, ensuring you always meet deadlines and take advantage of potential deductions. The platform provides real-time tax insights*, making it easier than ever to stay compliant and minimise tax liabilities*.

3. Effortless BAS Lodgment:
Thriday automates Business Activity Statement (BAS) lodgment*, making it a hassle-free experience. With accurate and timely submissions, you can avoid penalties and fines.

You can view their pricing packages here*.

Right now, you can enjoy a 1-month free trial of their premium plan*. Better yet, the trial extends until you start to get paid (standard transaction fees can apply).

Thriday has already garnered the trust of thousands of satisfied customers* who have experienced the benefits of automated banking, accounting, and tax management. These businesses have witnessed firsthand how Thriday's platform enhances efficiency, accuracy, and overall financial well-being*.

Michael Nuciforo, CEO of Thriday, explained*, ‘We understand the financial strain that small businesses face, particularly when it comes to accounting and tax. Thriday's mission is to simplify these processes, make them more cost-effective and ultimately help businesses “thrive every day”. Our automated accounting platform utilises cutting-edge AI technology to transform how businesses manage their finances, saving them thousands of dollars.’

He continued, saying*, ‘Our commitment to small businesses goes beyond cost savings. We aim to empower entrepreneurs and business owners by giving them the tools they need to succeed financially. This is just the first step in our journey to ensure that financial admin is not a burden for small businesses across Australia.’

Small businesses play a vital role in the Australian economy, with approximately 2.4 million small businesses accounting for nearly 35 per cent of the nation's GDP, according to a report released by the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO).
Despite their economic significance, many struggle to navigate the complexities of accounting and taxation, often leading to financial strain.

Thriday is dedicated to levelling the playing field* for these businesses by providing affordable, AI-driven solutions that promote growth and prosperity*.

As thousands of satisfied customers* have already discovered, Thriday might just be the partner you need* to thrive in a competitive marketplace.

How much money can YOU save with Thriday?* You can take a quiz to see how much money Thriday can save you* by automating banking, accounting, and tax.

For more information about Thriday, head here*.

While we do our best, we’re not financial experts and nothing in this article should be construed as financial advice.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission when you click on a link – at no cost to you! We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Last edited:
Sponsored
I needed this service 28 years ago while working as a Gardening/Handyman. Charging a pittance for my services l lost a years salary when a scrupulous Real Estate Agent withheld money & l tried to get it back. This was on top of what l paid a Tax Consultant. Led to a breakdown.

From the business owners who wake up well before dawn to open their stores, to those who burn the midnight oil long after their family has gone to bed. Australia’s 2.3 million small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) business owners work longer hours, take less leave and suffer from more stress* than the average worker. It takes courage, sweat and tears to start and run a business.

One of the biggest contributors to this lack of work/life balance is the unexpected time that business owners spend on financial admin tasks* that take up their day, or keep them up at night.

Even though good financial management* is cited by business owners as the number one factor in running a successful business, most business owners struggle to carve out the time required to do it properly.

Small businesses have long been burdened with high accounting and tax compliance costs. On average, these businesses spend over $3,000 each year to meet their financial obligations*, often struggling to keep up with the complex and ever-changing tax regulations.

Thriday, a Melbourne-based business*, recognised this challenge and is committed to providing a solution that empowers small business owners across Australia. So, whether you’re a sole trader, consultant, Uber driver, handyman, tradie, photographer or creative freelancer, Thriday can help you*.

View attachment 29872

In fact, Thriday* recently announced the results of its 12-month longitudinal study* into the cost of accounting and tax. During the study, Thriday asked 20 customers to track their regular spending on accounting and tax at the same time as using Thriday*.

The results?

By embracing Thriday's AI-driven approach, customers were able to significantly reduce their accounting and tax-related expenses, saving more than $3,000 annually*.

Thriday customer Jodie* was one of the participants, ‘In the past, I would pay a bookkeeper about $40 an hour to go through my books, code transactions and track my GST. In addition, I was using MYOB, which cost me about $50 a month. When it came to lodging my BAS and tax, that was another $500 each time. With Thriday, it’s $29.95 a month plus a small fee for BAS and tax lodgment. That’s it! Not only is it cheaper, but it also saves me a huge amount of time as everything is automated.’

How does it work?

1. Automated Accounting:
Thriday's AI technology automates day-to-day accounting tasks, such as data entry, categorisation, and reconciliation*. This reduces the time and effort required to maintain financial records, allowing you to focus on what matters most—growing your business.

Thriday simplifies the tax filing process*, ensuring you always meet deadlines and take advantage of potential deductions. The platform provides real-time tax insights*, making it easier than ever to stay compliant and minimise tax liabilities*.

Thriday automates Business Activity Statement (BAS) lodgment*, making it a hassle-free experience. With accurate and timely submissions, you can avoid penalties and fines.

Right now, you can enjoy a 1-month free trial of their premium plan*. Better yet, the trial extends until you start to get paid (standard transaction fees can apply).

Thriday has already garnered the trust of thousands of satisfied customers* who have experienced the benefits of automated banking, accounting, and tax management. These businesses have witnessed firsthand how Thriday's platform enhances efficiency, accuracy, and overall financial well-being*.

Michael Nuciforo, CEO of Thriday, explained*, ‘We understand the financial strain that small businesses face, particularly when it comes to accounting and tax. Thriday's mission is to simplify these processes, make them more cost-effective and ultimately help businesses “thrive every day”. Our automated accounting platform utilises cutting-edge AI technology to transform how businesses manage their finances, saving them thousands of dollars.’

He continued, saying*, ‘Our commitment to small businesses goes beyond cost savings. We aim to empower entrepreneurs and business owners by giving them the tools they need to succeed financially. This is just the first step in our journey to ensure that financial admin is not a burden for small businesses across Australia.’

Small businesses play a vital role in the Australian economy, with approximately 2.4 million small businesses accounting for nearly 35 per cent of the nation's GDP, according to a report released by the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman (ASBFEO).
Despite their economic significance, many struggle to navigate the complexities of accounting and taxation, often leading to financial strain.

Thriday is dedicated to levelling the playing field* for these businesses by providing affordable, AI-driven solutions that promote growth and prosperity*.

As thousands of satisfied customers* have already discovered, Thriday might just be the partner you need* to thrive in a competitive marketplace.

How much money can YOU save with Thriday?* You can take a quiz to see how much money Thriday can save you* by automating banking, accounting, and tax.

While we do our best, we’re not financial experts and nothing in this article should be construed as financial advice.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!
The ATO is benchmarking businesses..... I would not go into a SME for all the tea in China. I have spoken with many business owners and the biggety millstone around their neck is the rent, next labour. Where you go into business with an unsustainable rent and a 5x5 agreement... no way. I have known people who have had to sublet at a lower rate and go out to work to make up the difference....

Reactions: Ezzy
Is this a repeat story, I’m sure it was on SDC not long ago. Are SDC trying to promote business for this mob?

View attachment 29872

The results?

How does it work?

1. Automated Accounting:

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!
Since when has the ATO been a court and magistrate system.... Only a Magistrate in a court of law have the right to impose a fine, well under our constitution that is, but we know our Government is run by corporation who dont give a shit about our rights under our unaltered 1900/1901 constitution because they IGNORE it.

Small business owners are already under a lot of pressure in Australia in order to run a profitable enterprise for themselves and their family.....the amount of Gov't paperwork required to be submitted grows yearly for them and so a Company like Thriday* I am sure would be a blessing to many of them.

Is this a repeat story, I’m sure it was on SDC not long ago. Are SDC trying to promote business for this mob?
Hi @Gsr, this is a sponsored article as per the disclaimer at the end (included below for your convenience), which is why you may see article repeats :giggle:

'*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission when you click on a link – at no cost to you! We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!'

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I am sorry to hear this doesn't suit your interests. We do our best, but with the growing number of members, there may be some stories that are relevant to some and not to others as we work to accommodate varied interests.

According to the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman, 'More than one in five small business owners (22 per cent) are aged 60 and over.' In some industries, the number of small business owners aged over 50 is over 50%.

So we thought at least a few members would be interested in hearing about this.

We do appreciate the feedback though!

Hi @Gsr, this is a sponsored article as per the disclaimer at the end (included below for your convenience), which is why you may see article repeats :giggle:

'*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission when you click on a link – at no cost to you! We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!'
And you all do an amazing job. Like I have said before if theres an article someone doesn't like then just skip it and don't read it. Simple!!

Boy oh boy!! There are a lot of whinging seniors out there. To me it’s simple. If I’m not interested in a particular article, I just scroll further. I give heartfelt thanks to the extremely kind people who volunteer at SDC for our enjoyment and I appreciate very much all your efforts.
Here hear!!!!

Reactions: Ezzy and magpie1
I

View attachment 29872

The results?

How does it work?

1. Automated Accounting:

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission when you click on a link – at no cost to you! We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!
I never trust free trials did so once ended up having $220 deducted from my card for extra supply of what was initially a free trial. Got refunded but had to go through hoops to get it back